Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default Thunderbird and Warpath on Krakoa

Has anyone else noticed that Thunderbird hasn’t been resurrected and that Warpath hasn’t appeared on Krakoa? I feel like this is a deliberate omission on Hickman’s part, and that it’s going to be a significant plot point. I could see Warpath being of the opinion that resurrection is an abomination, and he wants no part of Krakoa because of it. Moreover, I could see him forbidding Xavier from bringing Thunderbird “back” through what is little more than a glorified cloning process. I’m certainly not an expert on Apache or Native American culture and spiritual beliefs, but I think this would be a fascinating plot point to be explored. I also think that Kurt was far too comfortable with the process, even though he did express his concerns to Cyclops in X-Men 7. I would really like to see Hickman confront the ethical ramifications of the resurrection process through the religious and/or spiritual characters of the X-Books. Thoughts?

Fantastic Member

I think in general we still don't know nearly enough and there's so much vague about the resurrections and who is actually at Krakoa. Other than here's a page of cameos.

I wish we could get a book or some form of information with actual details. We are skipping so many reunions or reactions.

Thunderbird is a unique choice that would potentially be worth spending some time on and his feelings on being brought back if he was.

I mean apparently one of the earlier ones was Changeling and we got a 1 panel cameo when that should get more.

Warpath appeared in X-Force already.

Ultimate Member

There are a million interactions we should have seen with the resurrections. The Proudstars, Rahne and Cypher, Frost and her Hellions...

Be nice to see at least one.

Thunderbird has been resurrected as well
    GrindrStone(D)

From X-Monday 71

AIPT: And then there’s Thunderbird. Vendetta (@Eman419Boyd) asked if John Proudstar is among the long-dead mutants now living on Krakoa?

Jordan: I don’t want to spoil anything, but I will say that we have had a lot of talk about Thunderbird and how this would work. Unfortunately, if you look at the timeline for when Xavier realized his full vision of Cerebro, downloading minds, it was after Thunderbird had already died.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/08/17/x-...x-men-tribute/