Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Thunderbird and Warpath on Krakoa

Has anyone else noticed that Thunderbird hasn’t been resurrected and that Warpath hasn’t appeared on Krakoa? I feel like this is a deliberate omission on Hickman’s part, and that it’s going to be a significant plot point. I could see Warpath being of the opinion that resurrection is an abomination, and he wants no part of Krakoa because of it. Moreover, I could see him forbidding Xavier from bringing Thunderbird “back” through what is little more than a glorified cloning process. I’m certainly not an expert on Apache or Native American culture and spiritual beliefs, but I think this would be a fascinating plot point to be explored. I also think that Kurt was far too comfortable with the process, even though he did express his concerns to Cyclops in X-Men 7. I would really like to see Hickman confront the ethical ramifications of the resurrection process through the religious and/or spiritual characters of the X-Books. Thoughts?

Fantastic Member

I think in general we still don't know nearly enough and there's so much vague about the resurrections and who is actually at Krakoa. Other than here's a page of cameos.

I wish we could get a book or some form of information with actual details. We are skipping so many reunions or reactions.

Thunderbird is a unique choice that would potentially be worth spending some time on and his feelings on being brought back if he was.

I mean apparently one of the earlier ones was Changeling and we got a 1 panel cameo when that should get more.

Warpath appeared in X-Force already.

Ultimate Member

There are a million interactions we should have seen with the resurrections. The Proudstars, Rahne and Cypher, Frost and her Hellions...

Be nice to see at least one.

Thunderbird has been resurrected as well
    GrindrStone(D)

From X-Monday 71

AIPT: And then there’s Thunderbird. Vendetta (@Eman419Boyd) asked if John Proudstar is among the long-dead mutants now living on Krakoa?

Jordan: I don’t want to spoil anything, but I will say that we have had a lot of talk about Thunderbird and how this would work. Unfortunately, if you look at the timeline for when Xavier realized his full vision of Cerebro, downloading minds, it was after Thunderbird had already died.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/08/17/x-...x-men-tribute/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    From X-Monday 71

AIPT: And then there’s Thunderbird. Vendetta (@Eman419Boyd) asked if John Proudstar is among the long-dead mutants now living on Krakoa?

Jordan: I don’t want to spoil anything, but I will say that we have had a lot of talk about Thunderbird and how this would work. Unfortunately, if you look at the timeline for when Xavier realized his full vision of Cerebro, downloading minds, it was after Thunderbird had already died.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/08/17/x-...x-men-tribute/
    How does that freakin' work? Vulcan's teammates are alive and well.

Though, have we seen them interacting with anyone other than him?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    How does that freakin' work? Vulcan's teammates are alive and well.

Though, have we seen them interacting with anyone other than him?
    Yeah. That’s what gets me. Vulcan’s team died before Thunderbird.

These editors need to get a clue with the timeline.

Are they implying that Petra and Sway are shallow husks bodies design to soothe Vulcan?

Changeling is also alive and he died in the Silver Age

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah. That’s what gets me. Vulcan’s team died before Thunderbird.

These editors need to get a clue with the timeline.

Are they implying that Petra and Sway are shallow husks bodies design to soothe Vulcan?
    Dunno. I simply can't remember if Petra and Sway have physically interacted with anyone. The possibility that they are a Vulcan delusion just occurred to me.

Extraordinary Member

Dunno. I simply can't remember if Petra and Sway have physically interacted with anyone. The possibility that they are a Vulcan delusion just occurred to me.
    Didn’t Havok interact with them?

The fact that Changeling and Vulcan are around means that Thunderbird should absolutely be around! I'd love to see how he responds to all of the mutant history he has missed.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Thunderbird has been resurrected as well
    In what issue have you seen him? I don't remember that but it's entirely possible I missed it or just don't remember.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    The fact that Changeling and Vulcan are around means that Thunderbird should absolutely be around! I'd love to see how he responds to all of the mutant history he has missed.

In what issue have you seen him? I don't remember that but it's entirely possible I missed it or just don't remember.
    He was in that splashpage from X-force where basically everyone appeared.
    But I'm not sure if we can consider that as truly canon, because the artist could have inserted him there without editorial necessarily approving (it's not like they're very detail oriented LOL).

I do hope he returns for good and they actually do something with it. I love seeing so many of my favorites return, but when they're only ever used as cameos and never get to deal with their resurrection, it feels like such missed opportunities.
    I wish we got to see more in-depht exploration of what all these big changes mean to each character. A new X-men Unlimited title could be perfect for that, because it doesn't look like Hickman is really interested in telling those stories and the other books already have mostly fixed casts (New Mutants is the exception, but I wouldn't trust Brisson to handle them well).

Thunderbird and Changeling should be a big deal returning. I have to wonder if the Changeling cameo in that group shot was a mistake.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

Vulcan wasnt resurrected. This is the original that was lost in space

Havok and Scott saw them

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Thunderbird and Changeling should be a big deal returning. I have to wonder if the Changeling cameo in that group shot was a mistake.
    Maybe Thunderbird, but Changeling? What do you honestly expect the to do with a return? Nobody knew about him but Xavier and Jean. They've done less with more prominent characters with real relationships with characters we care about
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-28-2020 at 07:36 AM.