Default Batman the Animated Series Shadow of the Bat board game

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...es/description

Is anyone interested in this? Looks pretty cool to me. All in is pretty expensive. Curious, has anyone has backed this?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I did, yes! Marvel United was also going on at the same time which was a bit amusing but I gather two campaigns of a similar concept for board games on Kickstarter is quite common.

But yes, this is definitely the most expensive KS I have ever backed. Worth it for the lovely miniatures and campaigns though. You can even mix up the games in the series so that you can play Batman/TMNT stories apparently. Avatar is apparently the next one in the series.

I saw people home-brew episodes already. gearing up for December. This game could have legs if people create good content for it long after. I went all in with a late pledge. Kind of shocked I did

Cool! I am just going to try out the campaign stuff myself and see what works for me from there. With money a fair bit tighter now I have to be thinking more about costs and space for all the games on the way anyway... but I am quietly hoping for them to follow up BTAS with games for Superman TAS, Batman Beyond and Justice League/JLU.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Cool! I am just going to try out the campaign stuff myself and see what works for me from there. With money a fair bit tighter now I have to be thinking more about costs and space for all the games on the way anyway... but I am quietly hoping for them to follow up BTAS with games for Superman TAS, Batman Beyond and Justice League/JLU.
    I think Justice League would be sooooo good with all the heroes. I hope they do a follow up but give some time for the wallet to get some life back.

Quote Originally Posted by JokesOnYouuuuuu View Post
    I think Justice League would be sooooo good with all the heroes. I hope they do a follow up but give some time for the wallet to get some life back.
    There are so many great storylines they could adapt from Secret Origins to Injustice For All to A Better World. I thought at the time that Superman TAS and Batman Beyond are probably best done as a collected campaign with two boxes and stretch goals for each since I can’t really see them being as popular to do as campaigns separately.

I've backed many Kickstarter games in the past.

While the premise and minis look cool, that game play screams play once or twice and collect dust on the shelf afterwards.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I've backed many Kickstarter games in the past.

While the premise and minis look cool, that game play screams play once or twice and collect dust on the shelf afterwards.
    I agree to a point. I have seen some of the community made scenarios for the TMNT game and it seems to keep life in the game.

I think the rules for this game are easier to understand and play than Gotham City Chronicles was. And outside the campaign missions (there are nineteen campaigns with the complete KS package) there are also Arcade missions that allow you to select the villains involved for open ended storylines - a villain meet-up in a warehouse where the heroes crash down from the ceiling, a bank heist with a crashed lorry in the wall and several bombs to defuse, a breakout at Arkham Asylum with timed cell openings etc. And these missions allow for the villains not included within the campaigns to shine - Clock King, Baby Doll, Calendar Girl and Firefly to name a few. There’s even the option to swap the traditional four heroes with a single stronger solo Batman, several KS allies like Zatanna, Grey Ghost and even Supergirl, and the Villains Upgrades that allows villains to play like heroes and vice versa, giving designers the chance to create villain led campaigns. So I think with the right audience this game has a lot of scope.

have you seen miniature market has this on preorder. Does not include the stretch goals but wow, so much cheaper if someone doesn't want to go all in. $89 for the core game and $43 for the expansion. Not sure if the stretch goals are worth it. but I do like having everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JokesOnYouuuuuu View Post
    I agree to a point. I have seen some of the community made scenarios for the TMNT game and it seems to keep life in the game.
    I've been burned by so many Kickstarter games ... I might be jaded.

I will probably pick this one up anyway.

I may have a problem ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Just got the base game for the Marvel United Kickstarter. It’s really fun but more complicated than I was expecting.