Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Lightbulb Place your bets: Archie Sonic the Hedgehog vs Wally West

Hi guys

In the next Death Battle will have the fastest man in the DCU Wally West taking on the fastest thing alive Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog.

For those who don't know, Death Battle is a YouTube show that puts different characters against each other.

And now I want to play a game, each one will place his or her bet on who they think will win and why.

I'll go first, I believe Sonic will win. Wally might be the fastest man in the DCU, but Sonic surpasses him in almost every way. The guy manged to take on planet level threats and even if we assume that Wally's connection to the speed force is be a probloem for Sonic, he will go Super Sonic and Wally won't be able to match him.

Now, place your bets.

1: We do not discuss how other things are run. We are well aware of DB and they are bull **** con artists at times.

2: Wally has access to the energy that makes speed possible, so n a universal level. He could literally drain all of Sonic’s speed, and leave him there as a statue for all eternity. Classic not post Nu I think anyway ( As Barry is Flash there and in recent events that version of Wally is dead I think?)

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    1: We do not discuss how other things are run. We are well aware of DB and they are bull **** con artists at times.

2: Wally has access to the energy that makes speed possible, so n a universal level. He could literally drain all of Sonic’s speed, and leave him there as a statue for all eternity. Classic not post Nu I think anyway ( As Barry is Flash there and in recent events that version of Wally is dead I think?)
    Uh, let's not call them "con artists", since they aren't. Their information can be wrong and they don't always use the same information the same way as us, but they're not conning anyone.
    Last edited by The Dog; 08-28-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post

Even with your reasoning, Sonic can use his Super form, which to my knowledge gives him unlimited power for a limited time. And even if we assume that Wally can drain Sonic's speed, how can he drain something that is unlimited?

He'll just keep draining while Sonic will keep attacking until he can get him off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Uh, let's not call them "con artists", since they aren't. Their information can be wrong, and they don't always use the same information the same way as us, but they're not conning anyone.
    I agree, DB has made some brow raising decisions, and we can agree and disagree about that since we think about battles differently than they do. So let's just have fun with this topic and see how things go.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Uh, let's not call them "con artists", since they aren't. Their information can be wrong and they don't always use the same information the same way as us, but they're not conning anyone.
    Yeah, they're not trying to trick people or anything. They're really trying to present what they consider to be the accurate outcome in an entertaining fashion.

They just have their way of looking at feats and what's allowed, and that just differs from the way we do things. And they do get things wrong some times, but so do we and everybody else.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I feel like this is going to involve people bringing up Titan Tails for some reason.

I don't want them to but I know I can't stop them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I feel like this is going to involve people bringing up Titan Tails for some reason.

What does Tails have to do with any of this?

The fight is between Sonic and Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    What does Tails have to do with any of this?

The fight is between Sonic and Wally.
    Alright, instead of being pithy I'll engage with your thread a bit.

By the standards of this board Wally flattens Sonic. He's considerably faster and has access to esoteric abilities like Speed Drain that make this fight trivial because he can literally drain way Sonic's ability to move fast.

Sonic does not have his super form as standard nor can he activate it without the chaos emeralds and a goodly supply of rings, ergo it would not be a factor in the arena.

Death Battle will go with whatever will be most entertaining and whatever will generate the most engagement with their audience because the show is, ultimately, a business.

And someone is going to bring up Titan Tails and everyone will be sad they have to see that design again.

Spectacular Member

Alright, instead of being pithy I'll engage with your thread a bit.

By the standards of this board Wally flattens Sonic. He's considerably faster and has access to esoteric abilities like Speed Drain that make this fight trivial because he can literally drain way Sonic's ability to move fast.

Sonic does not have his super form as standard nor can he activate it without the chaos emeralds and a goodly supply of rings, ergo it would not be a factor in the arena.

Death Battle will go with whatever will be most entertaining and whatever will generate the most engagement with their audience because the show is, ultimately, a business.

And someone is going to bring up Titan Tails and everyone will be sad they have to see that design again.
    OK I agree with you that Wally by standred is stronger and faster then Sonic, but Sonic is the embodiment of chaos and because of that he can disturb any situation:

"Dr. Eggman later concluded that all the Chaos energy Sonic had absorbed over the years made him the embodiment of Chaos itself, a force that could disrupt any situation" - Mobious encyclopedia.

With this force, Sonic can distract Wally until he can get the emeralds and go Super Sonic.

BTW: I still don't know what does Tails have to do with any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    OK I agree with you that Wally by standred is stronger and faster then Sonic, but Sonic is the embodiment of chaos and because of that he can disturb any situation:

"Dr. Eggman later concluded that all the Chaos energy Sonic had absorbed over the years made him the embodiment of Chaos itself, a force that could disrupt any situation" - Mobious encyclopedia.

With this force, Sonic can distract Wally until he can get the emeralds and go Super Sonic.
    First up, encyclopedia entries aren't viable as evidence on this board so you'd need harder evidence for your claim.

Second, based on my recollections of the Sonic comics, Sonic's "chaos abilties," amounted to occasionally shooting beams, usually in the presence of a chaos emerald or using chaos control to slow time or teleport himself, again with an emerald in hand which he doesn't have here.

Third, Under the rules of this board, Sonic would not be able to retrieve the emeralds without losing the fight because they are not in the arena.

Fourth, turning into Super Sonic doesn't really help because Wally is still faster than him, can still speed drain him or just dump him into the speed force if he should so choose.

BTW: I still don't know what does Tails have to do with any of this.
    If you do not know the terror of Titan Tails, it is a blessing upon your household.

YOU FOOL! YOU HAVE SPOKEN ITS NAME AND NOW IT AWAKENS!

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Dog what have you done.

God, his grotesque musculature is upon us! All must flee!!!

Dog what have you done.

God, his grotesque musculature is upon us! All must flee!!!
    You're the one who summoned him when you spoke his name! It's like Candyman, or that guy with the candle from Freakazoid.

And the only way to defeat Titan Tails is to summon human-proportioned live action Sonic!

Oh God, that just makes it worse.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by the dog View Post
    you fool! You have spoken its name and now it awakens!

my eyes!!! they bleed!!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Lightbulb

IMO, when things get real Wally curb stomps Sonic because, unlike Sonic, Wally has access to the (seemingly) infinite Speed Force.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."