View Poll Results: Will You Miss Fox Making Marvel Movies?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

20 24.39%
  • No.

62 75.61%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Poll: Will You Miss Fox Making Marvel Movies?

Today marks the release of the very last Marvel movie Fox will make called New Mutants, and the reviews are shall I say mixed at best. Sadly Fox’s superhero movie tenure comes to an end with a thud rather than going out with a bang but they still gave us some of the best the genre has seen. With every Last Stand or Wolverine Origins they gave us First Class, with every Fan4stic they gave us a Deadpool, with every Apocalypse, they gave us Logan. So Fox has a fairly solid track record when it comes to making superhero flicks, and their contributions to the genre can’t go unremarked even if their track record isn’t as strong as their MCU counterparts. I will certainly miss Fox making Marvel superhero movies since they were willing to be more experimental and push the envelope as far as content is concerned. Fox’s more popular cousin - The MCU would never even bother to make a raunchy R-rated Deadpool film or a R-rated Wolverine movie inspired by Unforgiven. So I’m sorry to see Fox’s stop making comic book movies even if they haven’t always handled the X-Men correctly, and never handled the FF correctly. What say you?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-31-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Is there supposed to be a poll here? I don't think it went up...

Of course not.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Niffleheim

I'm glad it is over. I stopped watching after Apocalypse.

I'll miss it only in that it was another studio who could do something outside of what the MCU will do. But I'm more excited to see what Feige and Co do with the Xmen and F4

More yes than no.

I loved the 4 R rated Films they made in the 2010s.

After 20 years, I still hold X-Men 2000 as the best way to approach comic films. Some X-men movies had an indie maturity that stood out better to the MCU movies.

nope, i'm glad it's over. I was done after X2, tried to gave the soft reboot a go, and then was done enough. I wouldn't watch those movies for free, and in a way, they are on disney+ which i have.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

More no than yes. I wouldn't mind someone else besides Disney/Marvel making X-Men movies, but I think after Apocalyse I was ready for the X-Men franchise to move on.

Yes. More voices for superhero movies are better than less voices. I really don't want Disney holding all the cards.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

FOX is the worst thing that happen to the X-Men, Worst than M day and the Legacy Virus combined.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yes. More voices for superhero movies are better than less voices. I really don't want Disney holding all the cards.
    I don't want Disney holding the cards to everything. Disney has ruined Marvel's name more than Fox but get protection. New Mutants was alright. Its a generic average comic film that still gave more to itself versus the worst Disney films.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    FOX is the worst thing that happen to the X-Men, Worst than M day and the Legacy Virus combined.
    Proof? This is MCU bad argument. Do you think you would ever see a X-Men legacy virus film now that Disney holds the card?

I’ll miss the darker, R-rated stuff like Deadpool 1 & 2 and Logan; but otherwise I’m looking forward to the new MCU era. It’s a shame we may never see that R-rated X-Force franchise, though. That sounded awesome. Maybe Disney will do it under a different label where they’ll do more mature R-rated content. We’ll see. Fingers crossed.

Absolutely not.

Ultimate Member

I’m glad the Fox X-men era is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I don't want Disney holding the cards to everything. Disney has ruined Marvel's name more than Fox but get protection. New Mutants was alright. Its a generic average comic film that still gave more to itself versus the worst Disney films.

Proof? This is MCU bad argument. Do you think you would ever see a X-Men legacy virus film now that Disney holds the card?
    Regardless of how you feel about the MCU movies, I don't think you can objectively argue that Disney ruined marvels name. Marvel seems to be doing well on the movie side of things. It's the non movie stuff which marvel is struggling with these days.