View Poll Results: Will You Miss Fox Making Marvel Movies?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

20 24.39%
  • No.

62 75.61%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Yes(ish).

I would like to have my cake and eat it too, with both studios having access to the whole universe to tell the full story they wanna tell. Film rights, copyright et all just not the way it works.

Also a growing part of me thinks that is too late to introduce the X men into the mcu. No more possibility for Logan and Cap ww2 adventures, not really excited for Holland's Spiderman and Wolverine to interact, no Storm and T'Challa. Since there have never been mutants no scene like Emma Frost reproaching Mrs Marvel about the Avengers lack of care against mutant atrocities. Illuminate members off the table (plus the in my opinion botch used of planet hulk).

On the other hand I think there are some cool interactions waiting for the FF4. I think Holland's Spiderman would suit well with the FF4. Interact with the Hulk and maybe bring in She-Hulk. Introduce Namor (make it a Civil War style crossover for a big battle with Atlantis).

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Nothing says Disney can't release an R rated X-Men or Deadpool under one of its many subsidiaries.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

This is my take on mutants in the MCU and it would give us a mix of adults and teens.

The mutant gene has always been around but for the most part it has been passive. Not giving anyone powers. There are a few, Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Wolverine, Banshee because I love him. But very few other then that. Magneto has always been militant and wants mutants to control the world but there are so few mutants that he can not gain followers.

Then the blip happens. And it activates the X Gene. So not you have a flood of mutants both adult and teens that have these powers that some cant control. There are accidents and many people die. There are those who use these powers to begin a life of crime Etc. Fury goes to Xavier who he has known about for years. Asks him to help him start a school to help mutants control their powers. Fury does this because he does not want innocent people killed by mutants who can not control their power. He also wants to use Xavier to find and train a new generation of heroes that he can use to replace The Avengers. Xavier agrees because he is worried about the rising anti mutant views in the world, and with Fury footing the bill he can build and run a high tech school. But mostly it is because Magneto now has a new group he can recruit from for his army.

The first movie Magneto would not be the villain. it would be a set up. it would introduce the main mutants and show Xavier and Magneto gathering their teams. Have the newly formed Xmen stop stop some mutant baddie in a public way to gain the trust of the public. But I would have that mutant baddie manipulated by Fury so he can push his new team. I dont know who that baddie would be so maybe someone who knows more about the Xmen can help.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I will not miss Fox making movies. I only like part one and First Class any way. I think it will be fun to see The Xmen in the MCu but sadly some great teams ups will not happen like Cap Wolverine.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Nothing says Disney can't release an R rated X-Men or Deadpool under one of its many subsidiaries.
    Name one Disney R-rated Marvel joint. And not the Netflix series, that deal existed due to circumstances that will never be replicable, especially post Disney+. They're going to keep all the Marvel films and shows in family friendly PG-13 territory. Could they make an R-rated Deadpool? Yes. But will they? No.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I will not miss Fox making movies. I only like part one and First Class any way. I think it will be fun to see The Xmen in the MCu but sadly some great teams ups will not happen like Cap Wolverine.
    I think that's one of the bigger differences between those who are happy or not about this. The happy people talk a lot about the team up and greater universe interaction, while some of us less enthused by this don't care about that and prefer the X-Men to do their own stories without Spidey and Captain America and Hulk.

Obviously one of the other bigger differences is whether or not the highs overcame the lows in Fox's X-Men offerings for you or not. I mean there's people who only liked three movies total. Despite the MCU being safe and very samey, the films are inoffensive and likeable. People just want better, even if there is an unexciting sameness to it. You might not quite reach some of the same highs, but the lows will never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Name one Disney R-rated Marvel joint. And not the Netflix series, that deal existed due to circumstances that will never be replicable, especially post Disney+. They're going to keep all the Marvel films and shows in family friendly PG-13 territory. Could they make an R-rated Deadpool? Yes. But will they? No.
    I don't think Disney has ever directly produced a rated R movie of any kind under their own brand name. They usually use something like Touchstone, but now it would have to be under 20th Century Studios, I imagine. However, if it is part of Marvel Studios, then there is no way anything would be R Rated. That would be like Pixar making a PG-13 feature film.

Quote Originally Posted by A Small Talent For War View Post
    I don't think Disney has ever directly produced a rated R movie of any kind under their own brand name. They usually use something like Touchstone, but now it would have to be under 20th Century Studios, I imagine. However, if it is part of Marvel Studios, then there is no way anything would be R Rated. That would be like Pixar making a PG-13 feature film.
    If it's a Marvel movie, it'll be under Marvel Studios. There's no Marvel property getting a Touchstone or 20th Century Studios movie just to make it R.

Nothing like Deadpool or Logan is going to happen again outside of the very slim possiblity of Deadpool 3 just to get that trilogy power. Maybe.

I could see Marvel and Disney creating a Marvel MAX subsidiary production unit IF there is strong demand for R-rated superhero movies.

Quote Originally Posted by A Small Talent For War View Post
    I could see Marvel and Disney creating a Marvel MAX subsidiary production unit IF there is strong demand for R-rated superhero movies.
    They can potentially do more adult content on Hulu if they want to, sort of like how they had the Net Flix shows back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They can potentially do more adult content on Hulu if they want to, sort of like how they had the Net Flix shows back in the day.
    Yeah, I imagine there will be a lot more cinematic streaming options considering how the pandemic has affected viewing habits.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

If it's a Marvel movie, it'll be under Marvel Studios. There's no Marvel property getting a Touchstone or 20th Century Studios movie just to make it R.

Nothing like Deadpool or Logan is going to happen again outside of the very slim possiblity of Deadpool 3 just to get that trilogy power. Maybe.

Disney released The Program and Tombstone under Touchstone. Deadpool isn't a stretch.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Disney released The Program and Tombstone under Touchstone. Deadpool isn't a stretch.
    There was both an R Rated and PG 13 rated version of Deadpool 2.

I wouldn't be shocked if marvel did the same thing with Deadpool 3. Easy way to make an extra buck.

So you are going to eliminate the very answer to the question. I mean right now Marvel is making Hellstorm show on Hulu but you are going to say it isn't MCU.

As other people have mentioned Disney has places where they can put adult content AND Disney needs a place where it can put adult content aka Deadpool, Predator, Aliens all the Fox stuff that they got in the merger. It is not hard to imagine a Punisher or Daredevil being used for Hulu as more mature content.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-01-2020 at 06:47 PM.

It's the weird thing about the superheroes as well. Even though Disney owns Fox and Marvel, they are actually two separate legal entities so there has to be some consideration given to the ownership of the properties as it affects how the money made from the characters is used in the corporate structure. It could mean that there will be some sort of internal agreement between 20th Century and Marvel through Disney similar to the agreement between Marvel/Disney and Sony on Spider-Man. I'm not sure that Disney would simply give these very profitable characters to Marvel without retaining greater control with the consideration of how Deadpool and Logan reached audiences not entirely on board with the Marvel style of movies.