View Poll Results: Will You Miss Fox Making Marvel Movies?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

20 24.39%
  • No.

62 75.61%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Eh. Not really.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by A Small Talent For War View Post
    It's the weird thing about the superheroes as well. Even though Disney owns Fox and Marvel, they are actually two separate legal entities so there has to be some consideration given to the ownership of the properties as it affects how the money made from the characters is used in the corporate structure. It could mean that there will be some sort of internal agreement between 20th Century and Marvel through Disney similar to the agreement between Marvel/Disney and Sony on Spider-Man. I'm not sure that Disney would simply give these very profitable characters to Marvel without retaining greater control with the consideration of how Deadpool and Logan reached audiences not entirely on board with the Marvel style of movies.
    If I’m understanding your post correctly, you seem to be positing that Marvel still has to deal with Fox in order to use the Fox Marvel characters in a similar fashion to how they have to deal with Sony to use Spider-Man. And I just don’t see that being the case. In fact, it’s very unlikely to be the case. After the acquisition was finished, Marvel Studios gained complete control over all the Marvel characters previously licensed by Fox. Iger already confirmed The FF, X-Men, and Deadpool are now part of Marvel Studios. Fox, as it exists now, doesn’t have any say on the Marvel properties anymore. All the rights once held by them transferred to Marvel Studios when the merger completed. You are correct that Fox is a different studio than Marvel, and it’d likely remain that way even after the deal was done, but Disney knows those are Marvel characters first and foremost, and wouldn’t want to needlessly over-complicate things by having two studios hold the rights to Marvel characters. After all, Bob Iger did say, “there can’t be two Marvels.”

And I just don’t understand why you would be so unsure of Disney giving complete control of those characters to a studio that is a proven moneymaker, and is arguably Disney’s most successful franchise of all time over another studio that has been much less successful critically and commercially.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-06-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Disney released The Program and Tombstone under Touchstone. Deadpool isn't a stretch.
    Neither of those are Marvel though, Deadpool is.

I've never said Disney has never released R movies. I'm saying that they will never do so for Marvel specifically. Telling me about R movies they've done through their other studios doesn't address that.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So you are going to eliminate the very answer to the question. I mean right now Marvel is making Hellstorm show on Hulu but you are going to say it isn't MCU.

As other people have mentioned Disney has places where they can put adult content AND Disney needs a place where it can put adult content aka Deadpool, Predator, Aliens all the Fox stuff that they got in the merger. It is not hard to imagine a Punisher or Daredevil being used for Hulu as more mature content.
    Uh, Disney has already said Hellstorm isn't MCU. I remember that there was a mention of that on one of these threads a while back, that they even removed Marvel from the title or whatever. (And what do you mean "So you are going to eliminate the very answer to the question"? You mean Netflix? Again, very specific and non-replicable conditions there.)

Again, they have avenues to show R content, but they obviously view Marvel like they do Star Wars. Sure it's easy to imagine how they could do it. It's far harder to believe that they would. It's more of a "I want them to do this, so I'm going to list how they could do this in the hopes it happens" debate rather than one based on evidence. You can be hopeful, I'm not here to be some kind of dream crusher - but you're not going to convince me without something more substantial to back your opinion.

The thread on Helstrom and Disney distancing it from the Marvel brand https://community.cbr.com/showthread...light=Helstrom

Deadpool and Wolverine are known Marvel properties. The average person doesn't know that of Helstrom. So signs point only obscure Marvel properties might get more adult offerings, but only by ditching the connection to Marvel.