View Poll Results: Will You Miss Fox Making Marvel Movies?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

20 24.39%
  • No.

62 75.61%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I had long rebuttal to a post but I will simply say Fox is studio that messed up Dr. Doom three times.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Logan and First Class are in my top 3 best super heroes movies ever made so probably.
    X-Men First Class is the best political comic movie ever done. I was surprised by how much the political aspect took hold of the entire film. Its rare for comic movies to care so much about politics. Comic films are about bang and pow with cardboard characters.

I don't expect MCU to do as much. They have never done as much with their own films. I loved Logan but First class was a smart gem. First Class makes MCU movies feel hollow and shallow. It must be the good indie vibe of First Class to the mass-manufacturing of the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I disliked most of them, so no.
    This basically.

I really didn't care for Fox X-men's treatment overall.

There were some good movies but i disliked most of them so i'm glad they're gone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    X-Men First Class is the best political comic movie ever done. I was surprised by how much the political aspect took hold of the entire film. Its rare for comic movies to care so much about politics. Comic films are about bang and pow with cardboard characters.

I don't expect MCU to do as much. They have never done as much with their own films. I loved Logan but First class was a smart gem. First Class makes MCU movies feel hollow and shallow. It must be the good indie vibe of First Class to the mass-manufacturing of the MCU.
    Politics in a Disney film is roughly interpreted as mind abuse to them. Its there in Disney films but phased down to easily miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This basically.

I really didn't care for Fox X-men's treatment overall.

There were some good movies but i disliked most of them so i'm glad they're gone.
    The lack of substance is what you said, glad are they are gone. nothing to show for what comes next since it is only going to get worse If you know 40% of X-men stories.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I had long rebuttal to a post but I will simply say Fox is studio that messed up Dr. Doom three times.
    The last Doom was particularly strange.

They had everything in place to bring the character to life but they completely messed up.

BANNED

They had everything in place to bring the character to life but they completely messed up.
    Doom was not part of the marvel villain problem that MCU became associated with. Do you hold the same opinions for what became of Ultron, Whiplash and The Mandarin? Whiplash was so bad Mickey Rouke denounced the entire film and his performance in Iron Man 2. Julian McMahon gave a much less irritating performance to Mickey. Every messed up thing you think fox did, it happened with Disney too.
    Last edited by Pascal; 08-29-2020 at 03:11 AM.

It's something of a mixed answer for me, but it's more no than yes. X-Men (even though a lot of it hasn't aged well), X-2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Logan, and Deadpool are favorites of mine, and a lot of the casting choices were great. But on the other side, you have X3, the other Wolverine movies, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, the F4 movies. And those movies that are bad, are egregiously so, and I'm interested to see X-Men interacting in the MCU. And I can always re-watch the good Fox films anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Today marks the release of the very last Marvel movie Fox will make called New Mutants, and the reviews are shall I say mixed at best.
    Quite a shame really... They took all that time and buildup to release New Mutants, only for it to end up getting such a lukewarm response.

Weridly they thought 3 times in row that you had to fix Doom. When you just have to tell his story as in comics and use his costume as in the comics.The last attempt the changes were fine but then decided to make him this weird horror monster and whiff on Dr. Doom again.

I am happy comic book movies has reach to the point where they accept the silliness of genre. You don't have realistic explain why he is called Dr Doom. And X-men wear silly costumes we want to see them in it.

I might miss the Deadpool movies if Disney/MCU doesn't move forward, beyond that no.

They absolutely botched the FF4, and despite a few standout excellent X-Men movies (Logan in particular) they were more miss than hit with me.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 08-29-2020 at 06:20 AM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Maybe I will, maybe I won't, I'm not really sure. I know I like most of what we got from them with a few exceptions.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I might miss the Deadpool movies if Disney/MCU doesn't move forward, beyond that no.

They absolutely botched the FF4, and despite a few standout excellent X-Men movies (Logan in particular) they were more miss than hit with me.
    Wishful thinking that Marvel was going to announce Deadpool 3 during DC comic con to try and steal the spotlight. That evaporated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Weridly they thought 3 times in row that you had to fix Doom. When you just have to tell his story as in comics and use his costume as in the comics.The last attempt the changes were fine but then decided to make him this weird horror monster and whiff on Dr. Doom again.

I am happy comic book movies has reach to the point where they accept the silliness of genre. You don't have realistic explain why he is called Dr Doom. And X-men wear silly costumes we want to see them in it.
    The silliness of the genre is what is aging badly and ruining Marvel movies. It's the reason it is called silly. I don't need any X-Men movie to look silly when I know Logan or X2 did not have to look silly to be comic masterpieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    It's something of a mixed answer for me, but it's more no than yes. X-Men (even though a lot of it hasn't aged well), X-2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Logan, and Deadpool are favorites of mine, and a lot of the casting choices were great. But on the other side, you have X3, the other Wolverine movies, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, the F4 movies. And those movies that are bad, are egregiously so, and I'm interested to see X-Men interacting in the MCU. And I can always re-watch the good Fox films anytime.

Quite a shame really... They took all that time and buildup to release New Mutants, only for it to end up getting such a lukewarm response.

With all the push backs and reshoots and Fox evaporating there was nothing forward to look too. Wishful thinking became a stretch.
    Last edited by Pascal; 08-29-2020 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post

I know some will disagree with me... but I didn't think the 2005 Fantastic Four movie was THAT bad. The bar has been raised significantly since then, but at least at the time I thought it was more average than terrible. But the later FF stuff is another matter.

I think "hit and miss" is the best way to describe the Fox stuff. Deadpool is the only franchise they were able to handle with any consistency. That franchise aside, they struggled to do more than 3 good movies in a row. They could do 2, but not three. Sony had the same problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I know some will disagree with me... but I didn't think the 2005 Fantastic Four movie was THAT bad. The bar has been raised significantly since then, but at least at the time I thought it was more average than terrible. But the later FF stuff is another matter.

I think "hit and miss" is the best way to describe the Fox stuff. Deadpool is the only franchise they were able to handle with any consistency. That franchise aside, they struggled to do more than 3 good movies in a row. They could do 2, but not three. Sony had the same problem.
    Fantastic Four needs to be compared to many MCU movies. if it is bad, then many mcu movies are bad. How can some people try to convince us,it was so bad but ignore how worse Iron Man 2 and 3 turned out handling villains, worse than Doom. The Niptuck actor, I will take him over Whiplash.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

The silliness of the genre is what is aging badly and ruining Marvel movies. It's the reason it is called silly. I don't need any X-Men movie to look silly when I know Logan or X2 did not have to look silly to be comic masterpieces.
    No the genre is silly because elements are aimed teenage boys and kids or superhero tradition. Superman Trunks are silly, Clark Kent Glasses is silly, Wolverine costume is silly, Aquaman costume is silly, Green Lantern domino mask is silly, Infinity gems is silly, The Bat signal is silly ,Batman fighting with superheroes is silly.

Every month we are picking this stuff and reading them understanding what they are and It is breath of fresh air that Avengers look like the Avengers from the comics. It is breath fresh air that Captian America said the silly Avengers assemble line. It was breath fresh air Aquaman had on his orange suit, etc

You can like what you like I am not trying to convince you to like stuff. Movie genre is big enough to like different things, I love the Boys, I love Watchmen, I love Dark Knight, I love Winter Solider. Y'all keeping screaming that thing have to be certian way and that is a lie . Maybe certain things aren't for you and that is fine. Because Marvel exists and has success there is now a want for genre deconstruction so stuff like the Boys,Watchmen and Jupiter's Legacy get made. Because DCEU is gloom as fck there is a place for bright and upbeat Marvel and visa versa. Stuff ain't bad just because you guys don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Fantastic Four needs to be compared to many MCU movies. if it is bad, then many mcu movies are bad. How can some people try to convince us,it was so bad but ignore how worse Iron Man 2 and 3 turned out handling villains, worse than Doom. The Niptuck actor, I will take him over Whiplash.
    I think in that case it was almost less that the Charmed/Niptuck guy did a terrible job, and more that people had much higher expectations of Doom because it was Doom. Arguably the greatest and most beloved villains in marvel needed more than just an average showing to satisfy the hardcore fan base.

If he were say Kang or something, fans would be more forgiving. But because it was Doom, I think fans had higher expectations that the Charm/Niptuck didn't quite meet.

The 2015 FF Doom is a different matter... that was just terrible all around.