View Poll Results: Will You Miss Fox Making Marvel Movies?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

20 24.39%
  • No.

62 75.61%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

No. Some of the x-films were good, especially at the time they came out, but even those haven't aged all that well. And let's not even talk about the FF.

That is not to say that i don't have concerns with how the x-men will be incorporated into the mcu, as i feel like they work best in there own universe... otoh with Cap and Iron man gone there is a void that the FF or X-men could fill, potentially.

EDIT: I forgot about Daredevil, and elektra. probably for the best.
    Last edited by basbash99; 08-29-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Not really. What would be Wakanda's mission to look out after all black persons on the planet? If you give yourself ridiculous goals, don't be surprised if you fail.
    He did exactly that at the end though extend outreach to the rest of the world with the centers for shuri to run.

He didn't try invading other countries. He clearly choose a diplomacy and education outreach to help.

Maybe it will be expanded later but that's clearly an intricate political storyline that's real world relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    EDIT: I forgot about Daredevil, and elektra. probably for the best.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    [video=youtube;y-19eI2pkbs]
    Funnier worse pitch meeting to laugh at.

Folks want to hate on daredevil as another bad fox movie. Bullseye and Kingpin in that movie posed a bigger threat to Matt than all the MCU villains combined.

Daredevil > Iron Man 2.
    Last edited by Pascal; 08-30-2020 at 06:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Are you saying Marvel does not have any lows? Iron MAN 3 was a franchise killer.Iron Man 2 was a low.Captain Marvel can kill the franchise, Ant Man movies are literally useless. Avengers: Age of Ultron was a low. Who remembers what the first Captain America and Hulk movies are about. The Thor movies are lows. With the protection MCU gets, this is a punch. New Mutants is called a generic movie, that describes 96% of MCU movies that experienced a smooth ride.
    In your opinion perhaps. There are more than enough people not sharing your view. And seeing movies like captain Marvel as Franchise Killer you must have your own Kind of Definition. Or have a serious hate on for the mcu.

BANNED

Folks want to hate on daredevil as another bad fox movie. Bullseye and Kingpin in that movie posed a bigger threat to Matt than all the MCU villains combined.

Daredevil > Iron Man 2.
    Sure. If you Think so.
    And Posting that Kind of Videos does not really Help your case
    Last edited by lowfyr; 08-30-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Daredevil > Iron Man 2.
    I think the issue of Darevil was one of tone more than anything else. It's almost the reverse problem with Snyders Man of Steel. That was a good movie ... but whether or not it was a good Superman movie is the question. Daredevil was an okay (not good, just okay), but not necessarily an okay Daredevil movie. The directors cut fixed a few things and made it a lot more watchable.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-30-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Daredevil and Iron Man III at least deserve a rewatch. They're not borefests like Doctor Strange or Captain Marvel.

All the Bullseye kills are entertaining (except when he kills Elektra's dad in the most dumb way with a BLUNT object),
    DD lights a Crowsignal and kills a rapist.
    Ben Kingsley's Mandarin has a lot of personality (unlike Mads Mikkelsen) and teams up with Guy Pearce.
    Doctor Strange rips off Inception and Iron Man and gives Mads Mikkelsen nothing to do.
    Captain Marvel... I don't know why I should care but I like the 90s, cats and Nick Fury.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 08-30-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Do you know what Mutants are about? It doesn't look as if you do if you trust the wondrous possibilities of Disney. If you know what Mutants are about. The words would be limitations not possibilities.
    No, I'm just a guy who reads X-Men comics, isn't a blind MCU hater, and knows that you can't judge something until it's made.

Also worth noting that I do have mixed feelings about the Fox series coming to an end (while the quality was consistent in its inconsistency and there is no continuity between installments, when they were good, they were really good), and I was interested in some of the upcoming projects that got scrapped for the sake of the MCU reboot (the X-23 solo movie was the one Marvel movie I wanted most of all). But, hey, I'd like to be an optimist and give what's new a chance. Heck, I'd like to see a New X-Men movie, something that Fox never got around to.

Pixar has not had a masterpiece in years.
    Coco.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'll miss it only in that it was another studio who could do something outside of what the MCU will do. But I'm more excited to see what Feige and Co do with the Xmen and F4
    I do like the idea of what people outside of the Marvel/Disney bubble can produce. The Netflix shows, for instance, have been pretty fun.

But the Fox X-Men movies? Not so much. There was an occasional fun sequence (Nightcrawler in the White House, from X2, for instance), but none of the movies really clique for me. (Although I did enjoy The Gifted series, which was also Fox, IIRC. And Deadpool, which, from the sounds of it, was dragged kicking and screaming into this world by the will of Ryan Reynolds, despite execs not wanting it...)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-30-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Are you saying Marvel does not have any lows? Iron MAN 3 was a franchise killer.Iron Man 2 was a low.Captain Marvel can kill the franchise, Ant Man movies are literally useless. Avengers: Age of Ultron was a low. Who remembers what the first Captain America and Hulk movies are about. The Thor movies are lows. With the protection MCU gets, this is a punch. New Mutants is called a generic movie, that describes 96% of MCU movies that experienced a smooth ride.

Iron Man 2 was a victim of Marvel going heavy into universe building and having to truly start setting up The Avengers. Iron Man 3 was not a franchise killer- RDJ had a certain number of films in his contract, and I think it was for 3 solo films and the Avengers. They had never planned on making more than 3 solo Iron Man movies, and I'm not even sure they had planned on using RDJ in as many movies as they ended up using him in.

I get that people like to hate on Captain Marvel, because god forbid we have a strong female protagonist be the star of a film, but it was a good action throwback movie.

Ant-Man.... yeah, can't really argue with that. Other than introducing the characters, these movies served very little purpose other than bringing more Marvel characters to life. Anything that would have been unique about it was lost when they fired Edgar Wright.

Age of Ultron gets a lot of hate, but it's not a bad movie. And it did good business when it came out, and it certainly didn't hurt the following two Avengers movies.

Captain America: The First Avenger was a great movie. Was it as good as subsequent Captain America movies? No. But as a first film, it was a great WWII-era movie that established the character, as well as establishing side characters that would carry on to later movies (and a TV show). The Incredible Hulk was a good film, but it was forgettable simply because they ended up having to re-cast Banner. But they still tie into that movie- Bruce mentions the last time he was in New York he broke Harlem to Stark on the Hellicarrier, and Secretary Ross is the same actor that played General Ross in that film.

The first two Thor movies are lows, but the third was excellent.

New Mutants is a product of the Fox and Disney disaster merger. Disney had to scramble to rewrite the movie to let it pass. Its a mash up film.
    Where did you get that? What re-write? They never got around to doing the reshoots that Fox wanted to do, and pretty much all I've been hearing is that the cut of the film going to theaters is the director's vision. You may be thinking of stories where Fox wanted to emphasize the horror aspects more after It: Chapter 1 came out and was a hit, and that they wanted to drastically change the movie (to the point where one story said Fox wanted to reshoot the whole thing). But none of that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I maintain, to this day, that the director's cut of Daredevil is actually a really good movie that is worth checking out.

I’m honestly not too excited to see the MCU version of X-Men.. sure, they’ll be good movies, but MCU movies tend to feel kinda samey to me. I really liked what Fox did with the spinoffs. Logan and the Deadpool films. Just the majority of the team movies were pretty bad.

I’m hoping Disney reboots the F4 first. We’ve gotten some good X movies but no good F4 movie yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I’m honestly not too excited to see the MCU version of X-Men.. sure, they’ll be good movies, but MCU movies tend to feel kinda samey to me. I really liked what Fox did with the spinoffs. Logan and the Deadpool films. Just the majority of the team movies were pretty bad.

I’m hoping Disney reboots the F4 first. We’ve gotten some good X movies but no good F4 movie yet.
    True, Marvel has an intentional style and they are intended to remain in the same stable, and they have been very successful at that. DC seems to have more opportunity to do many very different sorts of movies with their characters and settings, but they also tend to chase their past successes rather than looking to branch out.

Fantastic Four honestly doesn't feel like a movie that would fit too well in either the Fox style or the Marvel style. Personally, I think it is a very wacky piece of material that would naturally be closer to Ghostbusters (or Venture Bros. and Archer) than the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by A Small Talent For War View Post
    True, Marvel has an intentional style and they are intended to remain in the same stable, and they have been very successful at that. DC seems to have more opportunity to do many very different sorts of movies with their characters and settings, but they also tend to chase their past successes rather than looking to branch out.

Fantastic Four honestly doesn't feel like a movie that would fit too well in either the Fox style or the Marvel style. Personally, I think it is a very wacky piece of material that would naturally be closer to Ghostbusters (or Venture Bros. and Archer) than the Avengers.
    I have been a comic book reader for nearly 40 years.

The Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer are, bar none, my absolute favorite things in all of comicdom.

Ghostbusters is my favorite movie of all time. I work in a quote from it into my everyday life constantly.

The reason I am saying this is because I have never equated the two as similar.

This is the most apt description I have heard in my life.

Bravo!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium