Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default DC Characters That Would Make A Good VideoGame?

What DC Comic Book Characters would make a good game besides Batman? My pick would be Wonder Woman. since I’d like to see a God Of War inspired WW game that isn’t rated M.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-28-2020 at 01:59 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Superman

10char

Probably some hack-and-slash/beat 'em up with Wonder Woman, include other characters like Cassie, Donna, and Artemis and give them a unique weapon.

Green Lantern space exploration RPG.

Giving how the Suicide Squad is plundering the Superman franchise to prop itself up, a Superman game would be nice.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-28-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Matter-Eater Lad (as a Pac-Man type game)

New Gods

Sandman as a trippy Occulus adventure

Deathstroke à la Witcher/Red Dead. Getting bounties, running into the Capes, exploring cities that aren't Gotham. Different armor and new weapons. Upgrades based on materials gatheted.

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Woman in a God of War type game with customizable weapons maybe add some free roam where you can show off some powers.

RPG with Constantine doing some magics.

I know it’s a sore spot, but Superman is an awful character for gameplay and there’s a reason all his games have been hot garbage

The Joker.

Conner kent with his TTK

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Conner kent with his TTK
    Yeah if Superman won’t work then they should try Superboy, a younger slightly weaker version with room to grow.

I also argue for a Wally West game, have him grow into Flash post the death of Barry Allen.

Or Cyborg just for the rpg upgrades.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Question would make a good detective game with some light stealth/combat options.

Well, my boy Jason Todd finally got a game with Gotham Knights. Not exactly what I was envisioning, but it works.

A different one would be Lobo. Over the top, violent, and a "stupid fun" game. With destructive environments, of course.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Aquaman
    Green Arrow
    Deathstroke
    Swamp Thing

I just don't trust people will give me a good flight mechanic with Superman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Aquaman
    Green Arrow
    Deathstroke
    Swamp Thing

I just don't trust people will give me a good flight mechanic with Superman
    The problem with Superman is you almost have to nerf him or come up with contrivances for why he can’t do things. You almost can’t have inside levels because there’s no reason why if there’s a threat he needs to get to he can’t just shoot through all the walls/ceilings or heat vision someone from a distance. You either need to nerf his speed or a massive map that’s near impossible to fill up like DBZ Kakarot so it can feel like that power matters but doesn’t break the game. Flight mechanics are another issue and you need to also combine that with super speed which means you pretty much lose the novelty of travel the way Batman and Spider-Man games make it fun. Or you set him on a planet with a red sun, or have him lose most powers only to get them back towards the end when most of the campaign is done, or you give the city a health bar. Basically a bunch of excuses for why Superman can’t be player like Superman. Even combat, you need ground and flight combat and it’s gotta almost be basic because there is no reason Supes should be in drag em out tactical fights unless he is facing bosses.

Look at Superman Returns’ game. It’s not a bad showcase of his powers.... but the second he flys or uses super speed you know you are in sandbox. It’s like playing a game with cheats on. By nature he is going to make everything feel smaller

Superman would be great! But...

Hawkman could make a great game, a mix of Uncharted and The Witcher.
    They could alternate between Hawkman's past lives, in the present day it would be mostly Uncharted stuff, Carter out of the superhero costume fighting goons and etc, globetrotting adventure, when he hit certain spots on the game, like an ancienty mosque on Turkey for example, we would be transported in his memories and we would play with a Hawkman that was there when the Ottomans conquered Constantinople. This would repeat in several locations, Rome, Egypt, Shangai, Berlin, Angola, etc.

Present day=Uncharted; Past=The Witcher.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Space Cabbie could be goofy fun. Why do I feel like it would be sold for on the apple store?

Something like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but with DC characters could be fun.