Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I never really got Tim vibes from Dick in Young Justice outside of the costume and the tech stuff. He was very jokey, but also kind of cocky and overconfident, which I don't think of as Tim qualities.
    Agreed. As for the costume and the tech abilities, that's more an era benefit than a character characteristic.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Agreed. As for the costume and the tech abilities, that's more an era benefit than a character characteristic.
    True, but the problem is that it also makes Tim irrelevant or forces him to be Tony Stark, which is too far.

I think the compromise should be Dick can usually get by on tech but relies way more on his ability whereas Tim probably uses tech and his mind more. If you're never bringing up Tim, fine, amalgamate... But if you do, well, now he's just "Dick, but less funny."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    True, but the problem is that it also makes Tim irrelevant or forces him to be Tony Stark, which is too far.

I think the compromise should be Dick can usually get by on tech but relies way more on his ability whereas Tim probably uses tech and his mind more. If you're never bringing up Tim, fine, amalgamate... But if you do, well, now he's just "Dick, but less funny."
    The problem is that any current adaptation of Robin will likely use tech knowledge at high level. So, if Dick is adapted with tech knowledge, people will say he is taking Tim's attributes.

That's unfair, because the only reason why he doesn't show so much tech knowledge is due to the time he was Robin.

PS: Dick as Robin has used his mind too.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Here's what i don't get. DDC pretty much " fixed" everything. It restored a proper Multiverse, including the original Earths. It put in place that reality altering events didn't rewrite the current earth, but splintered off a new Earth with it's new reality, leaving the previous one intact.

So that gives us the real versions of the pre Crisis Earths, plus a post Crisis Earth, a Flashpoint Earth, Earth 52, a Rebirth Earth.... So then what's the point of more "fixing" ? Why shove Diana back into a war and time that she hasnt been a part of since the 1940s? Why destroy the muktiverse again in Death Metal?

I still feel like the ptb at DC are like " I dunno... do this...." like every day and at every pitch meeting. Redo something, define it, tell the stories to explain it.

Want a war time WW? Tell a story on Earth Two. Want Jason or the murderous Amazons? Tell a story on Earth 52. Etc, for whatever character. But this mish mash half @55ed stuff has gotten okd and confusing.
    Doomsday Clock was so horribly delayed that by the time it finished publication DC and Didio had already shifted gears to 5G, as well as publicly denounced Rebirth, upon which DDC was based.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    To this day I don't get why Rucka's second run was so revered. It didn't make any sense to make the DCU's biggest heroine be living a lie since her debut. Makes her seem incompetent and ruins all her backstory.
    Thanks for saying this. Sometimes I get so pointlessly flustered with the way they did this that I'm not sure I'm making my point clear.

And I'm with you all the way on Wally, and especially on HiC.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The Lies/mind games were depicted as being a fairly recent event, so she wouldn't have been operating for 10 years believing lies. In Year One, she knew she couldn't return to Themyscira. She's only just noticing some screwy memories at the start of the story.
    I don't actually think that's true. As far as I can remember, Diana found out "The Truth" at the same time that the readers did - that is, in the "current day," which, in the Rebirth era, would be about 10 or so years into her career.

I'm willing to be wrong, though.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

BANNED

I don't know if there's going to be another reboot (though I wouldn't be surprised - DC tries to use them to bury its failures), but there's obviously a lot of retooling in the works, or maybe re-retooling. DiDio is out, 5G is DOA, and who knows how much of what is going to stick.

If "Wonder Woman debuted prior to World War II" sticks, it's going to have major ramifications on everything we've seen in her recent ongoing. Then again, have we been explicitly told that that's Diana and not her mother Hippolyta? (Even that much would involve some heavy-duty retconning.)