Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Very sad news! Rest in peace! My condolences to his family!

Boseman was an incredibly talented actor. Understandably, this forum is focussed on his role as T'challa, but watch him as Jackie Robinson in "42" and then watch "Black Panther"--you really get a sense of the scope of his skill and talent as an actor. Too young to die. May his soul find rest after his earthly suffering.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Unhappy

Tragic news during an already tragic year. I have nothing more to say.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Just heard the news. Heart breaking to hear. This guy....man, this guy was legit, one of the great talents of his generation. The world is a little less fantastic today.

Words always sound so damn trite and pointless at times like these. Nothing you can say to really cushion the loss, y'know? Just....condolences to his family and friends and legion of fans.

RIP King.

Wakanda forever.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    The only way colon cancer would be detected before it spreads is through a colonoscopy which wouldn't be a standard check done for an actor his age. It can actually be difficult to get a colonoscopy at that age unless you press to get one.

My grandfather died at age 49 after colon cancer spread. It wasn't detected until it was at such a late stage that it was untreatable.

FYI, the American Cancer Society now recommends everyone even with average risk get a colonoscopy at age 45.

Also: Chadwick Boseman Death Prompts Plea From Colorectal Cancer Alliance
    Thanks for the links.

I wonder if this kind of incident is going to force the industry or the Unions to insist on, and in some cases pay for, mandatory colonoscopies for all actors once they hit 40?

I can imagine Marvel/Disney including a rider for this in their contracts. Sadly, it might become a way for bosses and others to freeze out big stars once they reach a certain age and make franchises even more determined to cast young than before.

Very sad to hear, condolences to his family and hope they feel better.

If I remember right wasn't it said that Wakanda had found a cure for cancel in one issue?

Sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family. To young.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Tributes the world over, even when you least expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I don't know if we should be glorifying this so much. Yeah it's commendable, but there could be the possibility that this level of overwork might have taken away time for him to convalesce.

His final years was the period when he was breaking out as a movie star after spending so much of his life (he was 40-41 when he got cast as T'Challa) struggling in obscurity. Maybe he felt he had to do his best for his career now that the spotlight shone on him, to provide for his family to be part of something important. All the while he would have been hoping to survive.
    Maybe you're right...

I'm just sitting here wishing I had even just 1% of the strength he had.

https://www.twitter.com/i/events/1299777370824478721

Astonishing Member

Damn, I couldn't even believe, when I found out, so devastated. My condolences to his family.

Mighty Member

My condolences to his family. To young.

Marvel Chadwick Boseman Tribute

Astonishing Member

What gets me is that he fought this, not quite alone because he's family supported him through it all, but with the people he obviously worked very closely with being non the wiser, on so many different movie sets over the entire course of his battle. Seeing him give support to others facing the same battle, especially children but having none given to him is just so....such strength and grace in the face of all that he faced, I am in awe and deeply saddened at the same time.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

This was such terrible news and Chadwick Boseman was so young. My father passed away from colon cancer, and it was horrible for him and us while he was fighting it. I can't imagine how Boseman and his family continued working and and giving so bravely these past 4 years. Truly an amazing man. Condolences to his family.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

When i first heard that i was surprised to here hat happen to him ,Really upsetting news
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-31-2020 at 05:04 PM.