Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Astonishing Member

Shocking! Condolences to his family and all who knew him. May God rest his soul.

Veru sad news. With his portrayal of BP and what that did for the black community Mr. Boseman's legacy will live on always. Wakanda Forever!!

Wow. This is devastating. I had no idea he had cancer.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Homeboy, all while (quietly) having late-stage cancer, filmed multiple movie roles, visited children in hospitals and cancer facilities, did numerous interviews, got SWOLE enough to play a superhero (while I can't even muster the fortitude to gain a build beyond that of a rake or twig), among many other things, in between chemotherapy and surgeries.

Think about that for a second.

I'm awestruck, really. Straight badass sh**...

BANNED

This man did Black Panther, Infinity War, Endgame, 42 and other works all while being sick, with no one really knowing, going on press tours while becoming a hero to millions. He's an absolute legend for this.

But this hurts the most:

Q: You came off of one Black Panther project, did Marshall, and then made another Black Panther movie. Did you bulk up, slim down, and then bulk up again?

A: [Nods his head, exhausted] Right. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Q: You've been through the wringer.

A: Oh, you don't even know [laughs]. You have no idea. One day I'll live to tell the story.

:/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    Homeboy, all while (quietly) having late-stage cancer, filmed multiple movie roles, visited children in hospitals and cancer facilities, did numerous interviews, got SWOLE enough to play a superhero (while I can't even muster the fortitude to gain a build beyond that of a rake or twig), among many other things, in between chemotherapy and surgeries.

Think about that for a second.

I'm awestruck, really. Straight badass sh**...
    I don't know if we should be glorifying this so much. Yeah it's commendable, but there could be the possibility that this level of overwork might have taken away time for him to convalesce.

His final years was the period when he was breaking out as a movie star after spending so much of his life (he was 40-41 when he got cast as T'Challa) struggling in obscurity. Maybe he felt he had to do his best for his career now that the spotlight shone on him, to provide for his family to be part of something important. All the while he would have been hoping to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I don't know if we should be glorifying this so much. Yeah it's commendable, but there could be the possibility that this level of overwork might have taken away time for him to convalesce.

His final years was the period when he was breaking out as a movie star after spending so much of his life (he was 40-41 when he got cast as T'Challa) struggling in obscurity. Maybe he felt he had to do his best for his career now that the spotlight shone on him, to provide for his family to be part of something important. All the while he would have been hoping to survive.
    Maybe you're right...

I'm just sitting here wishing I had even just 1% of the strength he had.

https://www.twitter.com/i/events/1299777370824478721

Just woke up and I read it, really devastating. Condolences to his family

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Seriously, **** 2020

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

What an inspirational man and what a sad loss.

Incredible Member

I was totally shocked when I read this news today. I had seen all the stuff earlier in the year about saying he hadn’t looked well but just dismissed it as the usual social media crap.

Also that he made all those films whilst battling cancer is remarkable testament to the man.

R.I.P.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Man 2020 just continue to not let up.

I find it amazing that he was of this back-to-back filiming these past four years while he was still battling with cancer. He had such a big impact on my community that this is really crushing. Prayers goes out to his family and loved ones.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Willing to risk getting banned for saying this: **** this entire year.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Willing to risk getting banned for saying this: **** this entire year.
    Agreed. It’s like they say, when it rains, it pours. The world lost a true talent especially with the knowledge that he was doing all he did even while fighting this for the past 4 years. RIP you Wakandan King. You are truly worthy of the Black Panther mantle.