Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Seen that Ryan Coogler,Spike Lee, a couple actors Bosemans worked with came out and said they had no idea. Would someone at Disney/Marvel Studios of known? Or as long as the doctor says he's clear to film its nobody else's business? I don't know how pre shoot physicals work. If the studios are privy to it. A normal job, as long as you can do the job its none of there business. But like the NFL or something like that they know the results. Just curious if anyone knows how that works for acrors.

Astonishing Member

Here’s a flashback from over six years ago from when the man was first revealed to the world as the Black Panther.

I will never forget the seeing this for the first time and getting kind of misty eyed at the significance of the casting. Sure, there had already been black superheroes before like Wesley Snipes Blade, and heck Falcon already was a thing in the MCU before, but we got official news for the casting of the first black superhero ever created, and he was going to headline his own film. I’ll never forget this moment for the rest of my days.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Watching the movie 42 right now, beautiful movie. Chadwick was great actor, he’s one of a few black actors that refused to play a negative stereotypical role.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Seen that Ryan Coogler,Spike Lee, a couple actors Bosemans worked with came out and said they had no idea. Would someone at Disney/Marvel Studios of known? Or as long as the doctor says he's clear to film its nobody else's business? I don't know how pre shoot physicals work. If the studios are privy to it. A normal job, as long as you can do the job its none of there business. But like the NFL or something like that they know the results. Just curious if anyone knows how that works for acrors.
    Browsing on the net when I came across an article talking about the same subject you are discussing. https://ca.yahoo.com/news/dont-tell-...183831754.html

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Browsing on the net when I came across an article talking about the same subject you are discussing. https://ca.yahoo.com/news/dont-tell-...183831754.html
    Reading that it could go either way. Someone at the top coulda known but even if they did it would been 100% confidential and they wouldn't have been able to use that to preclude him from the job.

I thought big films would work like the Sports. You have to submit to a head to toe exam before they will invest money in you and some bad results like Cancer could prevent you from being drafted. Depending on how good you are they might take a chance anyway( was Ernie Davis diagnosed before or after he was drafted? I don't recall). Really was just curious if anyone at Disney knew and decided he was so good for the role we are gonna move forward anyway and take that risk. Doesn't really matter I guess.

Alot of actors have died but for some reason this and Robin Williams just hit me on another level. Ledger and Paul walker were sad but iono William and Boseman just hit me different.

Edit: actually I'm not even sure thats how the NFL works. I know they always say Pending a physical with trades.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-02-2020 at 12:30 AM.

BANNED

I have never seen Joe Rogan get emotional before.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

He cries all the time on his podcast. Just cried when then innocence project people were on there. Still a nice video though.

Boisterously Confused

I can't help thinking about young POC under 18, whose hearts were so full of pride when BP hit theaters a couple of years back. It must feel crushing for them.

BANNED

Get On Up
    Marshall
    21 Bridges
    Da 5 Bloods

All recommended watching.

Just to point it out...

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just to point it out...

Yea thats the first time I recall but he cries alot actually. I mean his last podcast with Duncan trussel he got choked up talking about Mitsy Shore

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just to point it out...

I don't watch him religiously. From the little or more I have seen with his podcast, he is always so masculine and though.

I don't watch him religiously. From the little or more I have seen with his podcast, he is always so masculine and though.
    No he cries alot and thinks men who are afraid to cry are "Soft Bit**es". That's why he's so popular, he's real. And he's not afraid to listen to both sides of the argument, despite being on the left for 95% of issues.

But still watching him breakdown over a guy he never even met, was tough. Just shows that even people outside the Black Community understood how important Chadwick and Black Panther was to the community. Also hes a huge fan of the Marvel movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Get On Up
    Marshall
    21 Bridges
    Da 5 Bloods

All recommended watching.
    I forgot the movie “Message from the King”, another great performance by Chadwick