Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Eh, DC's Amazons are very much Greek influenced, so I feel like you can easily get away with using pankration, Greco-Roman wrestling, etc., as a baseline and then dressing it up with some Themyscria-specific stuff. Maybe sprinkle a few other things from the general region into the mix but keeping it Greek-centric is fair game for DC Amazons.

And I like the "talented amateur" description for Superman. I dunno if I'd say he's an "amateur" but he's definitely not a master and the phrase seems spiritually correct even if it might not be quite right on a "technical" level. And I don't think he's actually all that naturally gifted a fighter either. There are characters (and real people) who just take to violence like they were built for it, and have a uncanny ability to learn how to fight....and I don't think Clark is one of them. I do agree with Clark using some wrestling moves though, that seems like a given and I'm hitting myself for not including it earlier; boxing and wrestling seem like they'd play nicely into his mentality, powers, and outlook.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Lady Blackhawk - Bartitsu

John Butcher - Okichitaw

Cassandra Cain - various martial arts based on striking such muay thai and yaw-yan.