Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Has there been any memorable OC villains? I feel like the Phantom King can be one

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Has there been any memorable OC villains? I feel like the Phantom King can be one
    Define “memorable”. There’s a ton of villains that have been created in recent years that I thought had a lot of potential. Phantom King, Nimrod, Clay Ramses Kryptonite Man from Morrison. Wrath, Harrow, and Ghost Soldier from Pak. Red Cloud and the Invisible Mafia from Bendis.

Pisses me off frankly that all we get are Lex and Zod in outside adaptions, even Superman & Lois are starting off with yet another Lex story.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Define “memorable”. There’s a ton of villains that have been created in recent years that I thought had a lot of potential. Phantom King, Nimrod, Clay Ramses Kryptonite Man from Morrison. Wrath, Harrow, and Ghost Soldier from Pak. Red Cloud and the Invisible Mafia from Bendis.

Pisses me off frankly that all we get are Lex and Zod in outside adaptions, even Superman & Lois are starting off with yet another Lex story.
    Red Cloud and the Invisible Mafia are pure gold.

Tbh, I would have liked to see more of Nimrod. More of PK too. I would like for Pak to come back

Astonishing Member

I don’t know if it makes you feel better but a lot of superheroes are like that. Only archenemies are ever taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Tbh, I would have liked to see more of Nimrod. More of PK too. I would like for Pak to come back
    A Kraven the Hunter Rogue for Superman was perfect, astonishing that no one else had thought of it before. His gimmick of using weapons from other worlds and the future that could hurt Superman was inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I don’t know if it makes you feel better but a lot of superheroes are like that. Only archenemies are ever taken seriously.
    Oh I know. Poor Iron Man completely missed out on the MCU boost his character got with his comics status quo. His Rogues still suck and haven’t been revamped like they should have in a while. His arch the Mandarin is being given to Shang-Chi. WW media revolves around Cheetah which is a shame since Circe is my favorite WW Rogue. Flash is all about evil speedsters.

But we still haven’t gotten Brainiac despite him being perfect for a movie! Manchester Black and the Elite would work great as well, and I’ve always thought Metallo and Parasite have serious potential that still hasn’t been tapped. I just can’t help but feel envious with how Batman and Spider-Man’s Rogues, even the obscure ass ones like Kite Man and Mr. Negative, get to show up elsewhere.

At least Gunn is using Bloodsport in TSS! They should honestly just give Bloodsport Nimrod’s powerset of being able to use weapons that can hurt Superman without Kryptonite or Red Sunlight.