Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by A Small Talent For War View Post
    I was not a fan, either. In the end, I felt it was slow, childish and shallow thematically, confused and contradictory narratively but very well acted (for what they were given) and terrific visually.
    Sounds about right.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am in the minority here, but I did not care for Blade Runner 2049
    I never watched it. Blade Runner was a complete story.

I did like what I saw of it, visually, through trailers etc, but I didn't want to watch it, because I can't unwatch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    TRAILER
    Mmmhm, it looks awfully generic. Say what you want about Lynch's movie but it sure as hell has flavor.

I don't know, i'm going to watch it for sure but without much expectations.

Oh and, as expected, they replaced jihad with crusade lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    This movie is only the first half of the book
    From what i saw in the trailer it looks like it's the full book. The first half ends after the sardaukar invasion, to be more precise when Paul and Jessica are in the thopter and Paul starts reciting the "fear is the mind killer" thing.

In the trailer there is stuff from later on, without a doubt.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    From what i saw in the trailer it looks like it's the full book. The first half ends after the sardaukar invasion, to be more precise when Paul and Jessica are in the thopter and Paul starts reciting the "fear is the mind killer" thing.

In the trailer there is stuff from later on, without a doubt.
    Huh. I thought Villenueve said he would only do it if it was two movies, because it was too much to cram into one.

Yeah, everything I've read has said it'll be two movies.

Looks like the post production notes have it as having a LotR EE runtime, too. Near the 180 minute mark it sounds like.

Guess we will find out!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    he seemed to bring all the personality to the trailer. Never read the books or watched the earlier adaptions. But Mamoas character seemed like the only one with any personality. But given that cast, I'm down to watch this. And I'll give anything with Mamoa a try. He's not the world's best actor but he has that Will Smith/ The Rock IT factor. Charisma for days.
    Momoa will likely carry a lot of this movie on his back. It'll be worth watching for him.

Chalamet is not a lead. Definitely not in the place of Kyle MacLachlan. I liked THE KING, but felt it would have been infinitely stronger if it focused on Joel Edgerton's character and his relationship to the would-be-king.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    If it was truly book accurate, Josh Brolin would constantly be singing folk songs on his space banjo.
    Sure, but for the trailer, it's kinda weird they didn't go with something orchestral, or at least instrumental.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Well I'll be there, COVID-willing.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Trailer looks pretty cool. Villeneuve is doing a lot right, so obviously I'm interested.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I hope the actual movie has a little more visual flair than the trailer. Like, I know it's a desert planet, but it's kinda bland looking. Lotta beige.

Yeah, it's like if someone just found the contrast button, played with it, and left it on a very low setting lol.

Should be more vibrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Momoa will likely carry a lot of this movie on his back. It'll be worth watching for him.

Chalamet is not a lead. Definitely not in the place of Kyle MacLachlan. I liked THE KING, but felt it would have been infinitely stronger if it focused on Joel Edgerton's character and his relationship to the would-be-king.
    Idaho didn't leave me with much of an impression in the original novel. Just a classical warrior hero who exits the stage to keep from overshadowing the main protagonist. I liked the character- and he had more to do - in the sequel books.

Quote Originally Posted by A Small Talent For War View Post
    Idaho didn't leave me with much of an impression in the original novel. Just a classical warrior hero who exits the stage to keep from overshadowing the main protagonist. I liked the character- and he had more to do - in the sequel books.
    I think they are expanding his role in this movie - partly for it being a two parter, partly to make it hit harder when the Sardaukar come.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Feel pretty sure they're going to go the route of actually showing battles happen instead of Bilbo getting banged on the head and being told about the amazing battle when he wakes up.