Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

This movie is only the first half of the book, and the second half isn't even nailed down yet... not a good thing.

I'm not in a rush to see this. I liked the book but had no interest in the sequels, and the Lynch version was ghastly. I will see it if I hear good things once it's out.

I can definitely understand being wary considering Villeneuve's track record...

Ultimate Member

Denis's track record is exactly why this is exciting, the man is a brilliant filmmaker and this has been a dream project of his for years.

I was joking.

Good to know Villeneuve's gift for cinematography is being used to its fullest

Ultimate Member

After watching Villeneuve's Blade Runner, I am really looking forward to this.

The Blade Runner sequel IMO was far better than the first one.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm a huge fan of David Lynch's mad DUNE. Love that movie to bits. I totally get that Lynch is an impossible act to follow...but this looks pretty bare bones. It's aesthetically really boring. Almost generic sci-fi looking.

Jason Momoa is in it so I'll watch it eventually. That dude is a movie star.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-09-2020 at 03:23 PM.

I can't shake the feeling that this would be better as a series on HBO or Netflix.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

gemtracks

It looks pretty godo though. Is it in cinemas now?

Having a Pink Floyd cover in the trailer was weird. Dune has always struck me as being too classy for something like using any kind of existing music in a trailer.

Looks interesting otherwise. I like the general low-key look of things, but it almost looks too normal for something that takes place 21,000 years in the future.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Having a Pink Floyd cover in the trailer was weird. Dune has always struck me as being too classy for something like using any kind of existing music in a trailer.

Looks interesting otherwise. I like the general low-key look of things, but it almost looks too normal for something that takes place 21,000 years in the future.
    If it was truly book accurate, Josh Brolin would constantly be singing folk songs on his space banjo.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm a huge fan of David Lynch's mad DUNE. Love that movie to bits. I totally get that Lynch is an impossible act to follow...but this looks pretty bare bones. It's aesthetically really boring. Almost generic sci-fi looking.

Jason Momoa is in it so I'll watch it eventually. That dude is a movie star.
    he seemed to bring all the personality to the trailer. Never read the books or watched the earlier adaptions. But Mamoas character seemed like the only one with any personality. But given that cast, I'm down to watch this. And I'll give anything with Mamoa a try. He's not the world's best actor but he has that Will Smith/ The Rock IT factor. Charisma for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

Was Pink Floyd lined up to do the music for Jodorowsky's DUNE? Seems like I remember that from the documentary.

Jason Momoa certainly brings his scenes to life while the scenes with Paul seem pretty sedate. Is Momoa Gurney or Duncan? Looks like he plays some sort of combination of both roles.

I am in the minority here, but I did not care for Blade Runner 2049
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am in the minority here, but I did not care for Blade Runner 2049
    I was not a fan, either. In the end, I felt it was slow, childish and shallow thematically, confused and contradictory narratively but very well acted (for what they were given) and terrific visually.