Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Demon Knights. I have read the first trade, it was ridiculously awesome. Great Arthurian type adventures, and lots of great moments.

Also, don't be afraid to go back before the reboot. Most of the newer stuff is trash compared to a lot of the older stuff.
    I second both of these statements. Demon Knights is fantastic. Pre-reboot there is great Batgirl material, both the 2000-2006 series and the 2009-2011 one, and also the 2005-2001 Supergirl series from issue 34 onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by doctormistermaster View Post
    Would anyone recommend Supergirl it seemed like it was going to be a lot of fun but I tend to not hear anything about it?
    The first trade is great, the second is good. The third is messed up by a bad crossover and the fourth starts well but turns on a dime into total rubbish halfway through. I wholeheartedly recommend the first trade, the origin story. See if you like that one.
    Last edited by confusiongrows; 08-16-2014 at 07:08 AM.

I love these threads, you can pretty much guarantee by a few pages in pretty much every current title would be listed haha just goes to show different people like different things I guess. My favorites are:

- Batman
    - Red Lanterns
    - Swamp Thing
    - Wonder Woman
    - Justice League

Batman
    Grayson
    Green Lantern Corps
    Red Lanterns
    Action Comics
    Green Arrow

BANNED

The only ones I enjoyed were Demon Knights and Dial H.

Surprised no one mentioned Suicide Squad. I have never read a Suicide Squad comic before the new 52, but I am loving the new 52 one. I haven't read the relaunched All New Suicide Squad, but currently I am reading the first first Suicide Squad book of the New 52 and I think it is great.

Other great books in the New 52 are:
    Justice League
    Aquaman
    Batman
    Superman/Wonder Woman
    Action Comics
    Superman starting with issue 32
    The relaunched Teen Titans
    Green Arrow
    Wonder Woman
    Flash
    Batgirl
    Green Lantern (really start all the way back at Rebirth though)
    Earth 2
    Batman Eternal
    Futures End

For me though I have actually liked majority of the books within the New 52, but the ones I listed are the ones I think stick out more than others.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Fantastic Member

Animal Man
    Batman
    Detective Comics (start with 30)
    Green Arrow (start with 17)
    Frankenstein
    Swamp Thing
    Sword of Sorcery

Ultimate Member

-Batman.
    -Wonder Woman.
    -Aquaman.
    -Superman/Wonder Woman.
    -Sinestro.
    -Red Lanterns.
    -Green Arrow (starting with #17).
    -Grayson.
    -New Suicide Squad.

Extraordinary Member

Animal Man.
    Aquaman.
    Swamp Thing.
    Batwoman.
    Batman.
    Batgirl.

Appreciate all the recs guys.

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    Surprised no one mentioned Suicide Squad. I have never read a Suicide Squad comic before the new 52, but I am loving the new 52 one. I haven't read the relaunched All New Suicide Squad, but currently I am reading the first first Suicide Squad book of the New 52 and I think it is great.
    Is Ales Kot the one behind the original Suicide Squad? Or the re-launched one?

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post

Is Ales Kot the one behind the original Suicide Squad? Or the re-launched one?
    He started with issue 20 of the original new 52 series.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

@OP: Definitely check out Animal Man. To me, the Lemire/Foreman issues are the best thing to come out of the New 52 alongside Snyder and Capullo's Batman. I love the all the bizarre horror, shamanistic stuff and Lemire really brought the family aspect fo the fore, which is what I think makes Animal Man such a compelling read (Heh, I have a bit of a crush on Ellen, too). If you haven't read past 'The Hunt' only thing I'd say is just stay clear of the whole 'Rotworld' saga. In fact, choice reading from the run would be Animal Man #1-11, #0, some of the early 20s (#18-23 maybe, though it may be worth reading the rest of the arc as well), Annual #2 and #29.

Whilst it was a great comic it really did have its share of questionable moments. Namely the aforementioned 'Rotworld' story and a rather puzzling denouement in the last few issues. Other than that, I love Lemire's run to a fault. Not even anything in Morrison's tenure comes close, in my opinion, when looking at Annual #2, the 'Tights' meta-film/sub-plot or even the first 11/12 issues. Bums me out that it's no longer ongoing but I'll always have those issues to go back to I guess. It would be an absolute delight to see a writer like Brian K Vaughan or Mike Carey work on the character in the future - someone who deftly weaves all those juicy character beats with interesting plots and ideas.

I've also really been liking Detective Comics since #30. Aside from Snyder's pre-New 52 stint, it's probably the first time I've enjoyed Detective since the Rucka/Brubaker days.
    Last edited by New Order; 08-18-2014 at 12:18 AM.