Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    The editor of the Wonder Woman book should put a ban on writers using Cheetah unless they promise not to punk her. It's getting ridiculous. It's basically like Bizarro getting taken out by Spoiler or Dr. Mid-nite.
    If it’s not a Bat Rogue (aside from maybe Lex and Darkseid) they tend to get punked pretty harshly. As opposed to Batman Rogues where Joker utterly curbstomps anyone besides Batman who goes up against him because he’s CUHRAZY! (Although Scarecrow does get treated pretty poorly so even there it’s not equal).

But yeah Cheetah should not be fodder for the Bat brats. What the hell was she even doing in Gotham? Why not have Jason kill one of the Bat Rogues?

I've said before that maybe DC should shelve WW until they come up with a consistent treatment for her and avoid things like this. As it stands, they seem to only publish WW because they have to not because they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've said before that maybe DC should shelve WW until they come up with a consistent treatment for her and avoid things like this. As it stands, they seem to only publish WW because they have to not because they want to.
    Hah but if they only published characters the editors personally cared about it really would be Detective Comics, because the only ones getting published would be the Batfamily (and even then really just Bruce himself given how the other members of the Family get treated by editorial). And I’m not really sure waiting for DC to learn to care about the rest would pan out since they sure as hell don’t seem to be backing off their reliance on Batman anytime soon. I do want to see what happens under the new regime though. There’s two women in charge now, maybe Diana’s treatment will improve.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah but if they only published characters the editors personally cared about it really would be Detective Comics, because the only ones getting published would be the Batfamily (and even then really just Bruce himself given how the other members of the Family get treated by editorial). And I’m not really sure waiting for DC to learn to care about the rest would pan out since they sure as hell don’t seem to be backing off their reliance on Batman anytime soon. I do want to see what happens under the new regime though. There’s two women in charge now, maybe Diana’s treatment will improve.
    Other characters do not suffer as much as Diana and her chaeacters. Superman and his villains, Green Lantern and his villains, Flash and his villains, etc. They do not suffer as much as the Wonder verse. So what's the point in portraying the Wonder verse as a weaklink? They are so out of touch that they can't understand all the mess they create? They can't afford to put some more effort into the writing to at least don't make them look like street levelers? DC has no excuse and this is annoying. I'm so tired of this.

Assuming the deal with the Marston estate hasn’t changed that much, might be more true than you assume.

If it’s not a Bat Rogue (aside from maybe Lex and Darkseid) they tend to get punked pretty harshly. As opposed to Batman Rogues where Joker utterly curbstomps anyone besides Batman who goes up against him because he’s CUHRAZY! (Although Scarecrow does get treated pretty poorly so even there it’s not equal).
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Other characters do not suffer as much as Diana and her chaeacters. Superman and his villains, Green Lantern and his villains, Flash and his villains, etc. They do not suffer as much as the Wonder verse. So what's the point in portraying the Wonder verse as a weaklink? They are so out of touch that they can't understand all the mess they create? They can't afford to put some more effort into the writing to at least don't make them look like street levelers? DC has no excuse and this is annoying. I'm so tired of this.
    Well, there was a recent example in Bendis' Action Comics of Superman swiftly taking out basically all of Flash's major villains and turning Copperhead into a crazy lady so Superman can lock her up in a split second when not even Barry was able to do that.

Even Joshua Williamson took a shot at that last one.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

But yeah Cheetah should not be fodder for the Bat brats. What the hell was she even doing in Gotham? Why not have Jason kill one of the Bat Rogues?

My thoughts exactly. Why was Cheetah in Gotham? They could have at least mentioned she was there to steal a rare archeological treasure or something along those lines.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

When has Savage been disrespected?
    He should be just as smart as Lex, or just a good a sorcerer as Fate. He should be DC's version of Dr.Doom. They never use him as a main villain in any of the events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, there was a recent example in Bendis' Action Comics of Superman swiftly taking out basically all of Flash's major villains and turning Copperhead into a crazy lady so Superman can lock her up in a split second when not even Barry was able to do that.

Even Joshua Williamson took a shot at that last one.
    Hah I don’t remember Williamson doing that, but good point. Don’t know why Bendis didn’t just have Superman mop up some of his B and C-Listers, but that may just have been Bendis’ eagerness to touch on every aspect of the DCU he could.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    He should be just as smart as Lex, or just a good a sorcerer as Fate. He should be DC's version of Dr.Doom. They never use him as a main villain in any of the events.
    That's not the same as disrespect. It's not like they're having him get body slammed by Catwoman. He's almost always depicted as a competent and dangerous villain whenever he appears. He may not be a scientist like Lex but he is far from stupid in other areas and science is not the only way to prove a person't intelligence. And there are plenty of long-lived characters with no skill or interest in magic.