Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Why do people think Kevin Feige will do the X-Men justice?

I don't get why people think the MCU X-Men will be the best ever. After Spider-Man Homecoming and Far From Home I really don't have any faith they can pull off X-Men. Maybe Fantastic 4 but only because the bar has been set so low.

Because he's done [mostly] everything else justice? The Spider-Man movies were made with interference/collaboration from Sony, who clearly have no idea what they're doing with that franchise. At the very least, he cares enough about Marvel's characters not to make the same egregious mistakes Fox did.

The Spider-Man films are Sony productions. People are excited about Feige's X-Men because of what he has been able to do in the Infinity Saga. Working from the X-Men IP, playing the long game, I have no doubt Feige's mutants will far exceed what Fox did [assuming Hollywood and society at large survive this turmoil]!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Because he's done [mostly] everything else justice? The Spider-Man movies were made with interference/collaboration from Sony, who clearly have no idea what they're doing with that franchise. At the very least, he cares enough about Marvel's characters not to make the same egregious mistakes Fox did.
    well I personally disagree the mcu has been hit or miss when it comes to depicting characters. Iron Man and Captain America are fantastic but they never could hit the sweet spot with Thor or Hulk both of which going through huge personality changes. They also dropped Hank and Jan from the Avengers and made them bland old mentor types to Scott and Hope.

I thought the original X Trilogy was fantastic with First Class and DoFP also being amazing. Sure there have been some stinkers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Spider-Man films are Sony productions. People are excited about Feige's X-Men because of what he has been able to do in the Infinity Saga. Working from the X-Men IP, playing the long game, I have no doubt Feige's mutants will far exceed what Fox did [assuming Hollywood and society at large survive this turmoil]!
    Feige and Marvel studios were still behind most of the production. This also isn't the first time Marvel Studios worked with other studios. The problem is the MCU rarely goes into deeper themes like the Fox movies not to mention attempting to fit the X-Men in the MCU is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Superheroes are deified especially after Endgames so why would people hate mutants?

Fox failed with both Cyclops and Storm.

Advantage: Feige

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Superheroes are deified especially after Endgames so why would people hate mutants?
    That's like saying Obama was President, so there's no more racism.

Incredible Member

Fox failed with both Cyclops and Storm.

Advantage: Feige
    I loved Cyclops and Storm in the original movies. Not to mention you have to take into account these movies had much smaller budgets and were shorter. Also Marvel still failed most of their villains. I'd argue failing Hulk and Thor is a bigger offense and depending on who you ask Spidey

That's like saying Obama was President, so there's no more racism.
    Then why don't people hate the Avengers? Literally all we have seen throughout these movies is support for the Avengers
    Last edited by Dboi2001; 08-29-2020 at 11:57 AM.

I don't get why people think the MCU X-Men will be the best ever. After Spider-Man Homecoming and Far From Home I really don't have any faith they can pull off X-Men. Maybe Fantastic 4 but only because the bar has been set so low.
    Feige started off as Lauren Donner's assistant and was a producer on the first three X-Men movies. That does include an exec prod credit on Last Stand, so.... maybe not a completely good sign. But he has worked on X-Men movies before.

I loved Cyclops and Storm in the original movies.
    Compare Scott and Ororo in the comics to their Fox-men versions. Fox failed them utterly, and they are the leaders of the team. Feige's Tony and Steve are better than their comics counterparts. Feige elevated them. I can't wait to see his Cyke and Storm!

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Feige started off as Lauren Donner's assistant and was a producer on the first three X-Men movies. That does include an exec prod credit on Last Stand, so.... maybe not a completely good sign. But he has worked on X-Men movies before.
    Executive producer is basically a “thank you” for financial or other reasons a lot of the time. You often get stars of TV shows get an exec producer role as their agent tries to pull for more money and influence over direction.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Feige has done a great job. If you personally don't like the MCU, of course you won't think so, but based on every measure beyond someone's personal taste, it has been a huge success.

I'm personally excited because the MCU did something the FoX-men couldn't - develop multiple interesting, multi-dimensional and film-worthy characters, both lead and secondary. The Xavier-Wolverine-Magneto era is hopefully over.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think Kevin Feige will do well with some characters and maye not so well with others because just like in the comics, you can`t have everybody shine at the same time, hopefully the Disney + series will tackle the story of the characters the main movies won`t have space to do right which is an advantage Feige has over Fox because Fox only had the movies. The MCU just has more resources to tell multiple stories at once.

From what I have read in his interviews he really is interested in getting most of the characters right or close to it, I really can`t say the same about Fox because most of the characters were cameos and even the main characters personalities were changed to fit the story.

But I guess we will see what they do with the X-men to give them their place in the MCU. They may do it well but also they may not do it so well, time will tell.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-29-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Mighty Member

My personally concern with Kevin Feige is he already made his story. He made the Infinity Gauntlet arc with his self insert Captain America Chris Evans. Now I feel like that was him in dad mode, birthing his baby and raising it. Now he feels like he's more in grandpa mode where there's less quality control and there is more throw everything at the wall and use references and established things to elevate otherwise mediocre stuff. A lot of the Disney+ stuff like Loki, and The Bucky and falcon show I can't remember the name of seem kind of weak meant for nostalgia but everyone knows isn't good enough for big screen. Then you have stuff like Eternals and Captain Marvel 2 and the next Thor movie which I'm not excited about.

Also people hate on me sometimes cause I tell them I didn't like Spider-Man Homecoming and didn't bother watching Spider-Man far from home.

Idk I'm keeping my eye on Marvel to see if stuff pops up but I can't really find anything I'm dying to see other than hoping the rumor of a Gambit series on Disney+ might be good but I'm just so worried they are going to mess it up.

Compare Scott and Ororo in the comics to their Fox-men versions. Fox failed them utterly, and they are the leaders of the team. Feige's Tony and Steve are better than their comics counterparts. Feige elevated them. I can't wait to see his Cyke and Storm!
    Not just them. Jean, Betsy, Rogue, Iceman, Sunspot, Cecelia Reyes, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Emma, Darwin, and the list goes on. Fox mishandled almost every character they had to play with.