Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Fox turned Mystique to an anti-hero.

Trask? Who was that guy?

Apocalypse was mediocre.

Shaw was cool, but he just hammed it up.

The Hellfire Club were just forgettable mooks.
    Trask was Dinklage in DoFP and the creator of the Sentinels

I really don’t see how the hellfire club were forgettable mooks?

The problem with Mystique and Magneto was they kept switching sides throughout the prequels

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Trask was Dinklage in DoFP and the creator of the Sentinels

I really don’t see how the hellfire club were forgettable mooks?

The problem with Mystique and Magneto was they kept switching sides throughout the prequels
    Name any of the Hellfire Club’s members movie-only motivations.

That you don’t even reference them separately, only as a group, kind of says a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    If I get an X-Men film that is a cross between the radical and bold weirdness of Morrison’s New X-Men. and the fun dynamic character-driven nature of Whedon’s Astonishing X-Men then I think I will get my ideal X-Men movie basically.
    agreed full on

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    I dont trust Kevin Feige will do the x-Men Justice.... in fact im expecting to be disappointed.
    With that said, i still believe they'll do a better job than what Fox has been doing lately.

I enjoy MCU movies (although i cant say im a big fan), but i dont think they can approach the X-men movies the same way they did with the Avengers, they are gonna need to take some risks with the mutants and i dont think they will.
    Oh and i hate the way they've been handling Spider-man

Feige was right there when the frist X-men films were being made...this a person far from being outside the loop. Wouldn't be surpised if all the stuff we will be seeing in the future won't be because he wanted such vareity in the first place but didn't have full control. Like he does now and folks talk about risk but rebooting Spider-men again, was a risk. The real question should be do you guys really want risk? or even know what that means? all i hear is folks wanting the same old same old...but I said just seconds earlier, phrase 4 and 5 is nothing but risk.

(i mean Avengers was all a risk)

I doubt he'd do them less justice at the helm then at the back of the pack as a assoicate producer fifiteen years ago. Shoot, they listened to him about Wolverines hair, when they didn't have to...at all...that's a good sign. IMO

All he needs to do is set the stage, pick the right team, and give us a director that we can trust and someone that loves or respects the source material to do it justice. Because Feige is only there to provide the ground work and framing not direct or represent the final MCU version of X-men to us. All of that rests on the shoulders of the creatives and with Raimi getting the call back, i think that's risk in capital letters with making him the brains behind Doctor Strange.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 09-05-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I heard rumors Feige will follow the same strategy he used with the Avengers for the X-men, so we can expect to see different X-men on marvel movies until their movie is done, I think this is a good approach, because it will allow the public to know the characters separately, their motivations and personality so we know who they are when they are a team.

Wolverine could be on the Falcon and the Winter soldier series in Madripoor.
    Rogue in the next Ms Marvel movie.
    Storm in Black Panther
    Beast with Sword with Nick Fury and hopefully Hank girlfriend Brand.
    Proffessor X with Dr Strange and Reed Richards in a reference to the Iluminati.
    Itīs confirmed Kevin Feige wanted to do a scene between Captain America and child Magneto on the first Captain America movie but Fox didnīt let him. Feige said he would take his time with Magneto because he had many appareances with both Fox trilogies and I think thatīs a good idea, they cound use another first X-men villain for the new movie. Mr Sinister is a good option imo.

If some of those plans are true I guess we will see something defeinitely different and very interesting for the next X-men movie.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-05-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    agreed full on

Feige was right there when the frist X-men films were being made...this a person far from being outside the loop. Wouldn't be surpised if all the stuff we will be seeing in the future won't be because he wanted such vareity in the first place but didn't have full control. Like he does now and folks talk about risk but rebooting Spider-men again, was a risk. The real question should be do you guys really want risk? or even know what that means? all i hear is folks wanting the same old same old...but I said just seconds earlier, phrase 4 and 5 is nothing but risk.

(i mean Avengers was all a risk)

I doubt he'd do them less justice at the helm then at the back of the pack as a assoicate producer fifiteen years ago. Shoot, they listened to him about Wolverines hair, when they didn't have to...at all...that's a good sign. IMO

All he needs to do is set the stage, pick the right team, and give us a director that we can trust and someone that loves or respects the source material to do it justice. Because Feige is only there to provide the ground work and framing not direct or represent the final MCU version of X-men to us. All of that rests on the shoulders of the creatives and with Raimi getting the call back, i think that's risk in capital letters with making him the brains behind Doctor Strange.
    I don't think Raimi is much of a risk. He had two successful Spider-Man films before the exec's yoinked major creative control away from him (normally the more hits you direct the more creative control you are given, but Sony just HAD to have Venom in the third film despite Raimi not wanting the character anywhere near one of his movies).

Although if Feige was involved in the Fox X-Men films doesn't that massively undercut the narrative that everything Feige touches will suck when those X-Films are held up as shining examples of good superhero movies?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I heard rumors Feige will follow the same strategy he used with the Avengers for the X-men, so we can expect to see different X-men on marvel movies until their movie is done, I think this is a good approach, because it will allow the public to know the characters separately, their motivations and personality so we know who they are when they are a team.

Storm in Black Panther
    Itīs confirmed Kevin Feige wanted to do a scene between Captain America and child Magneto on the first Captain America movie but Fox didnīt let him. Feige said he would take his time with Magneto because he had many appareances with both Fox trilogies and I think thatīs a good idea, they cound use another first X-men villain for the new movie. Mr Sinister is a good option imo.

If some of those plans are true I guess we will see something defeinitely different and very interesting for the next X-men movie.
    I don't know about him doing the same strategy as the Avengers but certainlly something very different aka a mix. With Madripoor and SWORD being clear signs of the future.

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...52526527836162

Especially with the tv series in play, all the characters and potential narratives that will and could be explored could present some amazing moments to go along with there being more room to breath. Beyond one to two hours a year.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 09-05-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Storm in Black Panther

I don't know... I'm all for those, especially Rogue in Captain Marvel and Storm in Black Panther, but I sometimes wonder whether it's just wishful thinking on the fans' part rather than actual rumours. The sooner we get the mutants in the MCU the better, and I think the Avengers approach works brilliantly to build anticipation, but I'm not going to hold my breath until we hear actual news.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I don't know about him doing the same strategy as the Avengers but certainlly something very different aka a mix. With Madripoor and SWORD being clear signs of the future.

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...52526527836162

Especially with the tv series in play, all the characters and potential narratives that will and could be explored could present some amazing moments to go along with there being more room to breath. Beyond one to two hours a year.
    Xavier's school as Hogwarts is still a wonderful concept introduced by Singer in the first X-Men movie which I don't think Fox has ever adequately exploited. I always maintained a main X-Men film series accompanied by a Disney+ New Mutants/students show is the perfect approach and I have a feeling that's the direction they'll likely go.

I also have a hunch Kamala Kahn is going to be a mutant in the MCU. There's no way they're going to make her an Inhuman, and why bother with weird accidents when you can just make her a mutant?

I donīt think we will hear news until some of these movies and series are out but since Madripoor always has been a big reference to Wolverineīs series I think thereīs a strong possibility he will be there, later they could do a series on the Weapon X program.

Eternals is another movie from which we could get some clues on how will the mutants appear on the MCU, before we have the X-men, marvel needs to explain why the mutants didnīt appear on previous movies or they could just say they were called miracles before but now they are called mutants. I could see something similar to X-men evolution were Charles keep most of them hidden until he could not do so anymore.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Name any of the Hellfire Club’s members movie-only motivations.

That you don’t even reference them separately, only as a group, kind of says a lot too.
    nearly all mutant villains motives are “hate humans, mutants supreme”

Not really Apocalypse is about survival of the fitest first and foremost be it mutant or human.
    Mr Sinister is a human who got for himself a mutant gen and just likes to collect all kind of DNA,he was a parner of the High evolutionary.
    Cassandra Nova wants to attack mutants as revenge on her "bother" Charles. Juggernaut was something like this too.
    Madelyneīs story is just tragic, love lost and madness.
    Sabretooth is Wolverineīs foil, heīs what Logan could become or was before the X-men gave him a house and family.
    Hellfire club is an elite group and secret society that has manipulated the economy and political spheres of the world for generations, they are not all mutants, their main motivation is power and money.

Magneto is about protect mutants at all costs and by all means, those means can be from diplomacy to war, it depends on the situation.

Mystique always did spy work to get benefices for mutants, she once made a deal with the US goverment so her brotherhood of mutants could become a goverment agency.

This is the reason why I didnīt like Fox movies, they really were not able to really get into the characters motivations except for a few and even those, like Magneto, his actions sometimes didnīt made sense because they were done for shock value instead of storytelling. That stadium scene didnīt made sense with the movie or even with Magnetoīs motivation but it it semed a cool use of Magnetoīs powers and looked good on screen It also didnīt made sense for him to turn on the X-men when that was counter productive to his mission of protecting mutants,those kind of situations almost ruined days of future past for me.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-05-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Xavier's school as Hogwarts is still a wonderful concept introduced by Singer in the first X-Men movie which I don't think Fox has ever adequately exploited. I always maintained a main X-Men film series accompanied by a Disney+ New Mutants/students show is the perfect approach and I have a feeling that's the direction they'll likely go.

I also have a hunch Kamala Kahn is going to be a mutant in the MCU. There's no way they're going to make her an Inhuman, and why bother with weird accidents when you can just make her a mutant?
    Totally, agree here. Yeah Kahn may be a Mutant although they could reintroduce the Inhumans element in a indirect way down the line.

Eitherway, this should all be about expanding the universe so that these characters feel alive and the world they reside in don't feel cookie cutter and this how they do it. Meaning, we got the A/B teams dealing with all the crazy adventures, antics, turmoil and angst that comes with trying to be mutant heroes (in a growing anti-mutant world?) and also protecting Mutant kind. Then you have the other groups exploring the complex issues that comes with being a pre-teen or young adult Mutant; finding out they have powers in unfavorable cicrumstances, even trying to ignore their mutantdom before being taken to or finding the X-Mansion that houses other "freaks" or a place of salvation and growth to be apart of the main team, one day. Now that doesn't mean trudging through a bunch of teen melodrama like some CW trash but if done right we could get some great content.

They just have to avoid the small and empty feeling that I got from The Grifted as more times than not (mostly because of budget) it felt paper thin from a aesthetic stand point and that means the Mansion can't be the only place we see or touch upon (explore the forest or surrounding areas) season after season. Beside that the villain/antagonist/omega level mutant crisis potential - Friends of Humanity, Hellfireclub, Children of the Vault, Purifiers, Hellions, Arcade - is endless. IMO i'm looking forward to seeing inspiration from Doom partol, Runaways, Harry Potter and The Umbrella Academy less Titans and Riverdale in terms of TV output.

Of course none of this has to be bone dry serious 24/7 got to have some "lets go to the beach" or whatever moments and go from there, attempts at a "normal life" type stuff. Regardless of that though I really want to see some classic but modernized Sentinels no more bs.

Will be interesting to see how they utilize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I don't think Raimi is much of a risk. He had two successful Spider-Man films before the exec's yoinked major creative control away from him (normally the more hits you direct the more creative control you are given, but Sony just HAD to have Venom in the third film despite Raimi not wanting the character anywhere near one of his movies).

Although if Feige was involved in the Fox X-Men films doesn't that massively undercut the narrative that everything Feige touches will suck when those X-Films are held up as shining examples of good superhero movies?

Raimi is a risk in terms of current output i.e he hasn't really done a lot after the fall out of Spider-man 3 with Sony. He co-directed Drag me to Hell and did Oz the Great and Powerful which didn't fair well given the buzz before not directing much else after 2013.

Agreed, Feige was apart of those early X-men films as mentioned but now with his known involvement does that all of a sudden make them alll shitty, films? since he was on the ground floor for those projects...thus jump starting the successful ensemble superhero craze by the MCU...hmmmm
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 09-05-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Incredible Member

Not really Apocalypse is about survival of the fitest first and foremost be it mutant or human.
    Mr Sinister is a human who got for himself a mutant gen and just likes to collect all kind of DNA,he was a parner of the High evolutionary.
    Cassandra Nova wants to attack mutants as revenge on her "bother" Charles. Juggernaut was something like this too.
    Madelyneīs story is just tragic, love lost and madness.
    Sabretooth is Wolverineīs foil, heīs what Logan could become or was before the X-men gave him a house and family.
    Hellfire club is an elite group and secret society that has manipulated the economy and political spheres of the world for generations, they are not all mutants, their main motivation is power and money.

Magneto is about protect mutants at all costs and by all means, those means can be from diplomacy to war, it depends on the situation.

Mystique always did spy work to get benefices for mutants, she once made a deal with the US goverment so her brotherhood of mutants could become a goverment agency.

This is the reason why I didnīt like Fox movies, they really were not able to really get into the characters motivations except for a few and even those, like Magneto, his actions sometimes didnīt made sense because they were done for shock value instead of storytelling. That stadium scene didnīt made sense with the movie or even with Magnetoīs motivation but it it semed a cool use of Magnetoīs powers and looked good on screen It also didnīt made sense for him to turn on the X-men when that was counter productive to his mission of protecting mutants,those kind of situations almost ruined days of future past for me.
    When i say the mutant villains i mean the side villains not the leader types. You expect a movie to go into the 5 members backstories and motives when they all boil down to hating humans and thinking mutants are superior. And like the MCU did better with their characters hero or villain. Explain Ant Man or Vision’s motives in Civil War. My point is MCU is far more guilty of what you claim fox does yet Feige gets a pass because any change he does it for the better because hey these characters are popular now so that means they are good or any flaws were totally not because of him

Ant man hero worships cap america and is a former criminal, he doesnīt need another reason for the authorities to take him to jail.
    Vision was just discovering himself but heīs a creation of Tony and Bruce to protect the world so he obeyed them and tried to keep Wanda out of trouble.

Sure their reasons are not complex but you get where are they coming from. With Fox movies it mostly feel like we just saw half movie in which most characters acted without any particular reason. We knew their name and their powers but not much else besides that.

And I disagree most mutants villains hate humans,the Hellfire Club, for example, were involved in the creation of the sentinels despite the fact some of them are mutants. Shaw himself recently said about Xavier "Nobody in their right mind negotiates with a telepath" they are mutants but that doesnīt blind them to the situation of the world and they take advantage of that.

I like Feigeīs approach because he dives into the characters motivation, I am not saying heīs perfect, in fact Thor II bored me a lot and Civil War was not what it was supposed to be, they really looked silly fighting while Thor lost his whole planet but I quite liked The Winter soldier and Ragnarok. Feige has shown he can create a world and a coherent narrative around the characters as we get to known them thatīs more than what Fox did for most of the X-men like Jean, Storm and Scott on their own trilogy.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-05-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    You expect a movie to go into the 5 members backstories
    Isn't this a basic ask for story telling? plot progression and character development are key, and that includes both regression or progression within a narrative. Something that the MCU has did a pretty darn good job of in comparsion to the FOX films over the course of their films minus the bumps in the road. The only bright spots in terms of this topic in regards to FOX will always boil down to Magento and Professor X or Wolverine but most of that was retreads of the same story beats with no real pay off. Aside from Logan getting to rest in his final outing after carrying the load for the franchise, for the past fifteen years. lol

Not even with them trying to force Mystique to the for front in almost every film after X3 was there any real naunce or commentary past that point. We barely even got to really comprehend the fear and hate of Mutants in those films aside from a few moments.

Now with Ant-man? well he's Ant-man...what motives does he usually have for joining in the Civil War? comics or otherwise? plus he's not a big fan of Tony. Just like his mentor.

Vision motives were simple it's all about Wanda. Now could that have been explained or centered better? sure. But his reasonings were pretty clear to me the minute he got put through the floor. I personally think Wanda should have been more of a target in that movie besides Tony/Steve and Zemos plan to break up the team. Given who was responsible for the death of thousands/millions that started the whole event.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 09-05-2020 at 02:47 PM.