Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    If you are objective can you please explain what makes me incorrect when I showed the usual film rules of how to make better movies. I welcome your views.

I am not just saying Deadpool is a better artful film than Thor or Antman with no evidence to support me.

If you are objective you will see DOFP is not even in the same class as Endgame. DOFP is more than comic film. Its a political charged social commentary drama of the real world. It does not follow any comic book stereotype like Endgame with the cgi and action and the cgi and action and the fun. As for Black Panther please read my other comments. Are you aware that black panther tried to borrow from xmen? Except xmen fans don't really take Black panther to heart because they have Magneto and Xavier to deal with.

Critics are closer to my views. Critics praise MCU because their movies are fun. they praise x-men because xmen provides a social adult driven theme view of the world with comic book characters. Every acclaimed xmen movie would have stood a better chance for getting an Oscar nomination for writing, acting , picture , cinematography and directing to any MCU movie if the oscars had a place for comic films. saldy you need more than disney fun to be taken seriously.
    Are you really suggesting that X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a better Oscar candidate than Black Panther?

Also you’ll have to explain what you mean when you say the Disney movies are diluted.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    X2 wishes it was as lucky as Captain Marvel, and I say that as someone who loved X2.

X2 was an intellectual comic book drama, with more than a deep plot to spare. the movie is basically a fictional retell of what Hitler tried to do with Jews. Its a story that can be told without CGI.

What is Captain Marvel about again? Even the hard core MCU fans said the movie was a disposable product advertisement for Endgame.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-01-2020 at 10:49 PM.

You are talking of critic score on RT, that is different to what critics say. This is the first xmen scene or the first comic film of the 2000s

Its only an 81% but its a far critically note worthy film to any mcu movies. Iron Man 3 that has tan 80% is not even comparable to X-men 1 because Iron man 3 did the opposite of what xmen 1 did. Iron Man 3 is big suck and it destroys the credibility of critics. This scene singly changed comic book forever as more than brainless entertainment or comic films are fun. critics noted that and praised the entire story.. that is a better acclaim to Thor Rganrork that has a 93% because the movie is funny.

Do you know why Joker got a best picture nomination with only 68% to Endgame and Far from home that score a 90+?its not the RT score, its the content of the movie that decides who has true better acclaim and X-Men has a superior film content to marvel. this is fact even Whedon and Kevin Feuge had said so.

This are not facts for objective acclaim they are facts for RT. Show me anyone credible person that has used RT to explain great movies. a director, a writier, I will wait. RT is now a marketing object to sell movies for the MCU. Its sad you are talking of RT and not the writing or VFX.

Only black panther did and those were special circumstances. If the oscar had to choose between the best marvel films or the best fox film to nominate in important categories. the best of fox will stand will be nominated. X-Men 1 for that opening scene alone will get it an oscar nom over any other MCU movie based on the past Oscars nominees.

You can disagree but historic film commentary does not waver in itself and that is what I am using here. I also notice you keep ignoring some of the objective things I brought up. Please do compare the PTSDS theme of DOFP and Endgame. You see why DOFP is an acclaimed movie and no one knows what Endgame is about from it being a fun action movie.

I wish you would put honest film commentary first than playing being a big fan of MCU.
    Like it or not, RT is an objective criteria. You have used no objective criteria at all except to say I like this movie/scene better than anything in any Marvel movie. That is not objective.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Are you really suggesting that X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a better Oscar candidate than Black Panther?

I will not be giving any external or internal commentary of Black Panther anymore because the lead actor just passed away.

Also you’ll have to explain what you mean when you say the Disney movies are diluted.
    They are Disney movies diluted because Disney is well known for dumbing down marvel movies. Its not a coincidence that Marvel Netflix and MCU movies are not the same when they should be or when DOFP was put on Disney PLUS, A lot of Disney users were flabbergasted that it was a marvel film because they could see how different it was from the MCU.

Like it or not, RT is an objective criteria. You have used no objective criteria at all except to say I like this movie/scene better than anything in any Marvel movie. That is not objective.
    lol, RT is not the criteria for anything. Can you name me any well known accomplished writer director that has said so? RT is doing more harm to marvel than it is helping.

It was a good laugh when Disney tried to use rt to sell their spiderman and star wars as the GOAT to even the soft core star wars and spiderman fans. Wasn't a pretty reaction. They will have worst luck with X-fans.

I will wait for Feige to top the ground breaking opening scene of xmen 1 as I am waiting to become a vampire since I know it could take a while forever.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-02-2020 at 02:29 AM.

Comic movie villains have shifted from just people that want to destroy everything or worse, always needing CGI fights to stop them.

Was this Star Lord?

How many characters got development in IW?
    In the Disney parameters of what they call character development, characters only develop a bit in their own personal movies and most time it is not significant. to do that will be to change the tone of their movies and MCU has to stay lighthearted.

MCU movies are known for low stakes, If infinity War was fear, we will need a new word for the mutants fearing the Sentinels.

Big cgi green screen explosion Battles for most of the film.

I have seen better effects with DOFP because that movie used practical effects or Avatar for 2 billion dollar movies.

Avengers Infinity War is not a great X-Men movie and it is not close. The movie doesn't even have a plot. The producer of the film called it one big cgi scene for a reason.
    - Thanos is a much smarter villain than most and his rationale is more well thought out than most as well.

- yes I was referring to starlord

- vision, scarlet Witch, Hulk, Thor, gamers

- your point on sentinels is good but if trying to save half the universe isn’t high stakes then we may be at an impasse.

- lots of cgi battles yes, but they managed to accomplish so much more. And we will never agree to n DOFP.

- Per my comments above, there’s plenty of plot. You saying there’s no plot is analogous and preposterous to me saying that Logan is all about Logan and Xavier go on a road trip and in the end, Logan dies.

BANNED

X2 was an intellectual comic book drama, with more than a deep plot to spare. the movie is basically a fictional retell of what Hitler tried to do with Jews. Its a story that can be told without CGI.

What is Captain Marvel about again? Even the hard core MCU fans said the movie was a disposable product advertisement for Endgame.
    Be careful. Your bias is shining through even more than usual.
    And your cherrypicking just the stuff that fits your agenda was getting tiresome some time ago.

Captain Marvel was lucky, if anyone other studio had put out that movie and she did not have the MCU to fall back on. it would have bombed like Electra, Supergirl and Catwoman.

X2 luckily adapted adapted some of God Loves, Man Kills. One of the best comic stories every written. An xmen story Kevin Feige would not be able to do.
    If X3, Apocalypse, and Origins didn’t have Wolverine in it, then they would have bombed too. Talk about luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    X2 wishes it was as lucky as Captain Marvel, and I say that as someone who loved X2.
    I like x2 as well. I was questioning what Castle meant by luck since he didn’t explain it in his post. He did cover it somewhat later though.

Thank you for explaining what you meant by “lucky”. I disagree with you but I better understand where you’re coming from with that comment. And yes, x2 is a good movie which is why I threw it out there so you could explain your lucky comment better.

I will not be giving any external or internal commentary of Black Panther anymore because the lead actor just passed away.

They are Disney movies diluted because Disney is well known for dumbing down marvel movies. Its not a coincidence that Marvel Netflix and MCU movies are not the same when they should be or when DOFP was put on Disney PLUS, A lot of Disney users were flabbergasted that it was a marvel film because they could see how different it was from the MCU.

lol, RT is not the criteria for anything. Can you name me any well known film expert or accomplished writer director that has said so? RT is doing more harm to marvel than it is helping.

It was a good laugh when Disney tried to use rt to sell their spiderman and star wars as the GOAT to even the soft core star wars and spiderman fans. Wasn't a pretty reaction. They will have worst luck with X-fans.

I will wait for Feige to top the ground breaking opening scene of xmen 1 as I am waiting to become a vampire since I know it could take a while forever.
    - lazy answer on black panther

- I agree. People are surprised about DOFP because it’s not of the quality of any of the mcu movies.

- RT at least takes the opinions of a large number of people. All you’ve given us is your opinion.

- the opening scene of X-Men was good. I hardly see it as groundbreaking or oscarworthy though.

BANNED

- Thanos is a much smarter villain than most and his rationale is more well thought out than most as well.
    Okay in the MCU. I rather stick to more complex human villains like Joker or Magneto.

yes I was referring to starlord
    He seems to be more annoying to the fans. I rather go with Professor Charles Xavier. there is more human themed commentary to why he is flawed.

vision, scarlet Witch, Hulk, Thor, gamers
    o....kay?
    - your point on sentinels is good but if trying to save half the universe isn’t high stakes then we may be at an impasse.
    Half the universe? In DOFP the entire world was in shamble not half the world.Not one single mutant or human could go back to normalcy. I seem to recall Iron Man, Hulk and even thor had normal lives with half of the universe gone. Those are lower stakes.

lots of cgi battles yes, but they managed to accomplish so much more. And we will never agree to n DOFP.
    DOFP, X2, TDK did not needs to use lots of CGI to accomplish moslty everything. big CGI comic movies mostly suck and that is what Feige is good at.

- Per my comments above, there’s plenty of plot. You saying there’s no plot is analogous and preposterous to me saying that Logan is all about Logan and Xavier go on a road trip and in the end, Logan dies.
    Logan is a character study film of 3 people. its drama. I liked the road trip of Logan because it was like Green Book. Characters get to bond more. If I believe Nolan was inspired by X-Men 1 to make batman begins, I don't believe Feige was inspired by Logan to do endgame even though he said so.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-01-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Rotten Tomatoes isn't really objective criteria how it is used most of the times. That said RT does tell you if a lot of critics liked a movie or dislike a movie and the same with fans. Anything more than that becomes gray as hell. RT for example can't easily show that 5 critics who like Joker liked as +A, 5 critics didn't like it all. While 8 critics could like avengers as B+ movie and 2 didn't like it at all. Joker would come out in 50%, While Avengers would 90% .The point of RT isn't grade movie on "quality" but more "watchablity". RT tells you how likely you are to like a movie.

I don't use Rotten Tomatoes tell people that a movie is better, I use RT to tell that MORE people like a movie, and I follow it up with Box office to reinforce again MORE people like the movie. So when someone say clown stuff like X-man fans won't like the MCU i can point out MORE people like the MCU and don't share their silly opinion. If MORE people like Fox movies it would have made MORE money. RT and Metacritc are aggregates of a general opinion and numbers are quick way to visually show the opinion. Metacritc unlike RT has middle grade in the system (and covert reviews everything to a numerical grade) RT system those usually end up as positive ranking (hence Marvel high scores). So MCU films are lower on Metacritic and guess what on Metacritic

Metacritic Scores

Black Panther 88
    Dark Knight 84
    Spiderman 2 83
    Superman II 83
    Superman 80
    Iron Man 79
    Endgame 78
    Logan 77
    Wonder Woman 76
    CA Civil War 75
    DoFP 75
    Spiderman 73
    Spider Homecoming 73
    Winter Solider 70
    Avengers 69
    Far from Home 69
    Infinity Wars 68
    X2 68

Joker 59

Fan4stic 27
    Catwoman 27

I didn't put everything up but enough to prove a general point, I know what is coming already and here is the answer why should we care about the opinion of ONE person over the opinion hundreds of critics and Thousands of fans . We don't care about your anti Marvel Bias your one opinion is clear. Reality as reflective above shows a different picture than what some people try to paint. Do I total agree with what is there? No. But objectively shows from a good sample size of people don't hold the X-men movies in high regard. Objectively shows they are some MCU movies that people think are very good.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-01-2020 at 11:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes isn't really objective criteria how it is used most of the times. .

https://screenrant.com/joker-proves-...diocre-movies/
    Joker Proves Rotten Tomatoes is Biased Toward Mediocre Movies

https://www.cjr.org/special_report/r...vie-review.php
    Even Rotten Tomatoes admits that movie-review aggregation is biased and broken. Is anyone ready to fix it?

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a8...atoes-problem/
    There's a problem with Rotten Tomatoes – here's what it is. The reviews site doesn't work like you think it does.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/ma...re-1201958988/

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/248...-is-way-higher
    Last Laugh On The Critics: Joker's Rotten Tomatoes Audience Score Is Way Higher

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#20eacc6a17aa

One film against another film, Who is it used by as the objective criteria that a movie is better than the other. can you be more specific. We will see if Thor 3 93% or Far From Home 90% will be remembered in 10 years, even the 90s Blade movies are getting more love these days than the recent comic movies and those Blades movies are 50% RT. .

Funny in thought. Most MCU fans have said Winter Solider is the best MCU film objectively, there are more well written pages by critics saying winter solider is the best film even after Endgame, Iron Man 1, Thor 3 and FFH or Black Panther. I have googled it. A lot of X-men and DC fans I know have also said winter solider is the MCU best film.

My opinion may be nothing to you but Do you remember the objective opinions of industry art people by the many with more legitimacy to judging movies better than 300 critics on RT , all saying MCU is mostly not a good thing. Their opinions mattered more than mine, yours or RT critics. It was a top 3 news of 2019 in films . They all ended up having more weight than 300 critics on RT, MCU's president Bob Iger tried to meet with one of them to try and severe the heavy artful critical bleeding of MCU films that happened in late 2019. The worst of it was when people started using Joker RT 68% to make the case that not all comic film are like MCU..

- lazy answer on black panther
    Nope, though see 8 pages back on black panther.
    - I agree. People are surprised about DOFP because it’s not of the quality of any of the mcu movies.
    They were surprised to see a marvel movie with more interesting content that the usual Disney fluff.

please name anyone with good film legitimacy that has ever told us, a movie that looks of video game proportions with shallow bland color cinematography (MCU) is better than another movie with practical effects and a grounded cinematography.

- RT at least takes the opinions of a large number of people. All you’ve given us is your opinion.
    Please can you name me anyone in film that has said RT is how you can tell one movie is better than the other.

- the opening scene of X-Men was good. I hardly see it as groundbreaking or oscarworthy though.
    It was, for a comic book. No opening scene from Feige movies has ever changed the way people look at comic movies and I doubt it will happen with his own X-Men movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-02-2020 at 02:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

X2 is the better film, but I hans't talking about quality I was talking about acclaim. CM not only got higher financial acclaim it is incredibly relevant commentary today and is highly acclaimed by modern audience and critics. It's not X2 had a "deep" plot, the quality came from how it was made and the characters being written and performed. X2 is nearly 20 years old and its impact on pop culture has dwindled significantly from the space the franchise went. Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix define the current Fox 'verse than X2 does right now.

It was about women being able to do whatever they want, and that they shouldn't be oppressed by men or authorities. Carol's defining feature is saying f- you to people trying to control her for their own agenda. Hardcore MCU films love that movie.

BANNED

LOL,One of biggest movie lessons of the 2010s was Star Wars fans using Logan to explain everything wrong with Last Jedi though Last Jedi had better RT and Metatcritic than Logan.
    When they tell me Endgame has a 94% RT and I see the expected big cgi scene TO ''SAVE THE WORLD'', . I tell them up upgrade to this movie to see how you can write a better 3rd act with higher stakes without using the expected big cgi battle that has so ruined the reputation of comic movies in the 2010s as nothing more than mindless drivel. I have done more good for screen writers than RT ever did.

Its not going to be good thing when a Kevin Feige fluffy comedy xmen movie very dependent more on CGI will try and be called the best xmen film of all time because the score is a 96%. Its so far-fetched to sound like a real thing considering every xmen movie was judged for the opposite.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-02-2020 at 02:13 AM.