Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    X2 is the better film, but I hans't talking about quality I was talking about acclaim. CM not only got higher financial acclaim it is incredibly relevant commentary today and is highly acclaimed by modern audience and critics. It's not X2 had a "deep" plot, the quality came from how it was made and the characters being written and performed. X2 is nearly 20 years old and its impact on pop culture has dwindled significantly from the space the franchise went. Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix define the current Fox 'verse than X2 does right now.

It was about women being able to do whatever they want, and that they shouldn't be oppressed by men or authorities. Carol's defining feature is saying f- you to people trying to control her for their own agenda. Hardcore MCU films love that movie.
    I’m not a big CM Marvel fan (hoping the sequel improves), but you’re totally right about the message and they also had the very relevant refugee subplot with the Skrulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m not a big CM Marvel fan (hoping the sequel improves), but you’re totally right about the message and they also had the very relevant refugee subplot with the Skrulls.
    Shhh Don't let anybody hear that there is subtext and deeper themes in MCU movies. You can't have that stuff in movies with CGI, explosion and jokes in it according to them. Good movie has to be serious with no jokes and the second you have levity the message floats away in the sky.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    If I had to choose between both as an X-Men film for a message I will go for Wonder Woman , it had the better message or at least a message more well written with the comic booky plot of the film. Did the refugee message receive a lot of attention and praise like Mcavoy being a drug addict or the police corruption themes that was rachel dawes entire arc in Batman Begins? Those were their main stories. If the refugee subplot was very important as you said, captain marvel should be called one of the best comic book movies , it is always at the bottom of the best MCU movies.

My guess is , it is no Joker or Legion dealing with an equivalent plot of mental illness but captain marvel is better than joker since it has higher rt score.
    A taste to find out how far an xmen live action can go in live action.

Marvel's Legion is changing the conversation around mental illness

This is the thing I have for Kevin Feige. Let him make an xmen movie with the same level of commentary, acting, cinematography like Legion. if he does, he will have made the best xmen live action xmen, better than Logan, DOFP, Deadpool. I hope this bar is not too high. its the bar I set for Fox too.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Shhh Don't let anybody hear that there is subtext and deeper themes in MCU movies. You can't have that stuff in movies with CGI, explosion and jokes in it according to them. Good movie has to be serious with no jokes and the second you have levity the message floats away in the sky.

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/iron-man-3...-by-the-studio
    /

‘Iron Man 3’ director says Tony Stark alcoholism subplot was nixed by the studio

How are subtext and deep themes getting nixed by the studios. For MCU noting tops their fun and fluff message.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-02-2020 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

/

‘Iron Man 3’ director says Tony Stark alcoholism subplot was nixed by the studio

How are subtext and deeping themes getting nixed by the studios.

For MCU noting tops their fun and fluff message.
    Just like that Deja Vu, It is coming back, You got banned from here before. If I am bored I can go back find the old name.

I gave it the benefit of doubt that there was another person who was obsessed in disliking the MCU but that point about Ironman alcoholism yeah I remember that one. I guess I am no better in responding in this same stupid convo but now I know who it is most definite stopping now. How obsessed with this point must a person be to get banned have to make new account and start the same point and discussion that eventually leads to flaming.

Looked it up Hi Beaddle
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-02-2020 at 04:35 AM.

BANNED

True. I mean look at Nolans Batman movies. Not one joke in them, for sure^^

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    If I had to choose between both as an X-Men film for a message I will go for Wonder Woman , it had the better message or at least a message more well written with the comic booky plot of the film. Did the refugee message receive a lot of attention and praise like Mcavoy being a drug addict or the police corruption themes that was rachel dawes entire arc in Batman Begins? Those were their main stories. If the refugee subplot was very important as you said, captain marvel should be called one of the best comic book movies , it is always at the bottom of the best MCU movies.

My guess is , it is no Joker or Legion dealing with an equivalent plot of mental illness but captain marvel is better than joker since it has higher rt score.
    A taste to find out how far an xmen live action can go in live action.

Marvel's Legion is changing the conversation around mental illness

This is the thing I have for Kevin Feige. Let him make an xmen movie with the same level of commentary, acting, cinematography like Legion. if he does, he will have made the best xmen live action xmen, better than Logan, DOFP, Deadpool. I hope this bar is not too high. its the bar I set for Fox too.

/

How are subtext and deep themes getting nixed by the studios. For MCU noting tops their fun and fluff message.
    "My guess is , it is no Joker or Legion dealing with an equivalent plot of mental illness but captain marvel is better than joker since it has higher rt score." Making stuff up and/or changing the goalposts as usual. And recycling the usual stuff again and again. Does not make it true, if you repeat it again and again.

BANNED

Just like that Deja Vu, It is coming back, You got banned from here before. If I am bored I can go back find the old name.

I gave it the benefit of doubt that there was another person who was obsessed in disliking the MCU but that point about Ironman alcoholism yeah I remember that one. I guess I am no better in responding in this same stupid convo but now I know who it is most definite stopping now. How obsessed with this point must a person be to get banned have to make new account and start the same point and discussion that eventually leads to flaming.

Looked it up Hi Beaddle
    The names may change(around the fourth time at least i think), but the "arguments" stay sadly the same.

Why is anyone still trying to debate with somebody that's refuted every argument with "LALALA I'm Not Listening!", "that doesn't count", and "every critic is wrong except me."?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Why is anyone still trying to debate with somebody that's refuted every argument with "LALALA I'm Not Listening!", "that doesn't count", and "every critic is wrong except me."?
    You forgot using the term "objective" as a synonym for "agrees with me." It's like dealing with a preteen - they only think you are listening to them if you come around to their point of view.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Honestly they can't do any worse from a character standpoint, and I hope it's not the Wolverine show again. (even though I love him)
    Last edited by 9th.; 09-02-2020 at 08:35 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I just hope they’re willing to do some R-rated stuff. Deadpool 3, Blade and X-Force should all be relegated to a little mature corner of the MCU. At least IMO. Maybe Punisher too. And bring back Ryan Reynolds as DP, Josh Brolin as Cable, Zazie Beetz as Domino and Jon Bernthal as Punisher. They were all great.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I just hope they’re willing to do some R-rated stuff. Deadpool 3, Blade and X-Force should all be relegated to a little mature corner of the MCU. At least IMO. Maybe Punisher too. And bring back Ryan Reynolds as DP, Josh Brolin as Cable, Zazie Beetz as Domino and Jon Bernthal as Punisher. They were all great.
    Agreed, Reynolds as 'Pool is gold and I loved Zazie Beetz as Domino!

I wouldn't say no to a few others coming back from the Netflix shows, not just Jon Bernthal, such as Charlie Cox as Daredevil and Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing. (We got robbed out of a Daughters of the Dragon spin-off with Misty and Colleen and maybe some Claire and 'Typhoid' Mary.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    not everything needs to be R Rated. DOFP was not R Rated neither was Spiderman 2. You don't need r rated Spiderman to make Spiderman a compelling character, or have him married dealing with family life. After 2 high school focused spiderman series, is it not time for the mary jane pregnancy miscarriage storyline and the collapse of their marriage. If there was a Spiderman 4 or 5, I have faith Sam Raimi could have gone there, but disney will rather keep him in high school with fluff stories. you don't need r rated xmen to be xmen.

It's so wrong to me that we have reached a place that r rated movies is now only seen as a mature thing. TDK was not R Rated, yet it is as much of a crime drama as a comic book movie and that is what the movie was critically acclaimed FOR with a 94% on RT. I rather have that type of acclaim for X-Men for the 4-6th time than Endgame .
    Last edited by Castle; 09-02-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Given his track record, he cant possibly be any worse than what we've had

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Given his track record, he cant possibly be any worse than what we've had
    I some what agree to this. But I feel as if , his fans are just expecting him now to do better than Dark Phoenix, X-Men 3 or X-Men Apocalypse. Which is strange because these movies were the closest xmen films to MCU films. It is very possible they already know he is not going to achieve a top 5 xmen film. How can he? DOFP would have been censored if he made the film. the greatness of that movie came from the lack of any censorship because it gave the story more to work it.

I mean he has has yet to make a spiderman film that is a top 3 spiderman film and X-Men is a much harder series to bring to life than Spiderman. I would even say it is harder than Star Wars and look at how Disney handled that.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-02-2020 at 12:24 PM.