Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    do you think it’s realistic to expect all those characters to have a major role in these movies?
    In 6 movies? It's not easy, but it's possible. And no one cuffed or forced Fox to keep it that way.

Disney has done it because they branch off and have a set plan for their characters. Characters like Wanda, Hulk, etc... get development by playing supporting to main roles in films that are not their own. They have had plan and a willingness to expand their universe.

I mean, it's not like the comics have a model of branching their characters into different teams to allow everyone a chance to shine that Fox could have used once they saw the franchise was a success! ...

Fox stuck and pigeon-holed their a huge number of characters into 6 movies and only gave screen time to four, that's on them. They've been in the superhero film game longer than Disney but still failed so spectacularly at being able to develop any of them.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 08-29-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Mighty Member

I seriously doubt that besides Jubilee. Bobby was pretty important on X2. Also popularity doesn’t equate to quality

After the originals they started giving them colorful costumes. MCU isn’t always accurate either.
    I would say Rocket right now is probably more well known than all of them except maybe Gambit. Even if people don't know much about Gambit you can pretty much mention Gambit and they will at least be able to tell you "the xman with the trench coat" or "the guy who throws cards?" As they look at you with a grimace. Lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    My 2 biggest worries are:

1. How they are going to introduce mutants into the world. I personally don't like the idea of the Snap bringing mutation to life. I think mutants needed to have been around for decades

2. I don't want them to me making jokes all the time, especially to characters that are a bit more serious like Cyclops and Magneto.

Other than that, I can guarantee the casting and costumes are going to be top tier and they have plenty of years of iconic stories to take influence from. It's also not just up to Feige to do them justice, it's up to the directors and creators they chose
    1. I would guess Scarlett Witch maybe or some other timeline shift. Maybe bring them over from the quantum realm. I'm sure they'll think of something. Overall I don't think we all care how they get there just that they do

2. I personally hope the Xmen don't really interact with the Avengers too much and become sort of parallel stories. I'd love to see the Xmen build up their own stories and characters and only show up sporadically in Avengers movies or stuff

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I think it's realistic to expect that the ones who do appear, whether from this list or not, will be treated with more care and regard for the source material. I really do not see a world in which Feige allows the X-Women to be relegated to background players, or in which characters like Sunspot are played by white actors because "racism in Brazil isn't important" or whatever the New Mutants director said. At this point the bar is on the floor.
    what like Hawkeye or the warriors 3?

I hate to break it to you but you can’t have everyone be “respected” by your definition. The X Men at its biggest was what 12 members?

all Feige has done is make women background players. And he literally casted a white woman to be the Ancient One because China would’ve banned Dr Strange for featuring a Tibet character.

The MCU has taken as much liberties with source material as Fox did with it. The difference is the changes most of time felt necessary or in the spirit of comics. Marvel pass over essential Avengers in Hank and Wasp , Which made something like Ultron play differently.

Fans never felt and resentment to change because MCU has carried the spirit and intent of comic stories well. The times that Fox movies did that we got X2 aka God Loves Man Kills and Days of Future Past.

Most of time Fox butchered the story so that they could push whatever popular actor they thought would sell tickets. And even worse they thought that just dropping in characters from the universe as villains or random small parts would make fans happy. Fox always thought of the X-men as toy box with only Wolverine and couple of others having big value and not the whole franchise

X-men has always been about its major relationships like Original 5, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus and Nightcrawler . The X-men has always felt like tight nit family which is why stuff like eating together for a meal and playing baseball scenes has worked when they did it.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-29-2020 at 02:59 PM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

do you think it’s realistic to expect all those characters to have a major role in these movies?
    I think Jean will be left out, because she's been such a big part of the not-good movies and they made MCU Wanda into a similar character by wisely rejecting her comic book persona. Otherwise, I'm hoping we see a mix of new and old.

what like Hawkeye or the warriors 3?

I hate to break it to you but you can’t have everyone be “respected” by your definition. The X Men at its biggest was what 12 members?

all Feige has done is make women background players. And he literally casted a white woman to be the Ancient One because China would’ve banned Dr Strange for featuring a Tibet character.
    How do you get that impression when the MCU has two female solo films (Captain Marvel, Black Widow) and some of the most memorable scenes in the Infinity Saga come from characters like Wanda and Gamora.

The next point is indeed stupid and horrible, but Disney for all it's pretenses is still a money making company, so they are going to prioritize that. still stupid decision though

And while I do think it's unrealistic to expect the X-Men to develop every character in it's library, a better effort could've been made then making the films Wolverine and friends. Then focusing Charles, Magneto and Mystique, the latter two being more villains historically than proper X-Men until this last decade.

I think you are forgetting that Feige, unfortunately answers to people higher than him, he doesnt own Disney. Also, the reason that female representation has been slow coming in the MCU is MOSTLY due to controversial marvel ceo Ike Perlmutter. Since 2015/16, Feige has had general freedom with what gets offered to Disney's plate. Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Jane Foster Thor, Valkyrie, Eternals are all parts in changing that. In fact I would say the bigger problem at the moment is the representation of POC Women. Having said that, with characters like Storm, Jubilee, Kwannon, Monet, and more X-men has huge potential to start changing that.

I can’t wait until Wolverine is wildly popular in the MCU films, gets a lot of love there, and the wailing and gnashing of teeth starts up. Some things are just classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I can’t wait until Wolverine is wildly popular in the MCU films, gets a lot of love there, and the wailing and gnashing of teeth starts up. Some things are just classic!
    Yup when Laura is popular, You guys will be wailing and nash your teeth.. Oh my bad you were talking about Logan
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-29-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

I don't necessarily know he's going to do them justice. All I know is that Fox's approach to the X-Men still kind of feels like it's stuck in 2001. And every time they came up with something new and interesting, afterward they went back to the old version. It's about time someone else took a crack at this franchise, and since there's no third choice I have my fingers crossed for this one.

BANNED

Kevin Feige actually worked as a producer on the WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN cartoon series. That was in 2009-2010. It's a pretty good cartoon (not as great as the Fox or Evolution of course) and it gives some insight on what he can do with the property.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don't care if Wolverine gets his own corner in the MCU to go wild, I just want opportunities for the rest of the characters. Wolverine has always had his own series, keep most of the love in there, but treat the team balanced.

Sort like how DP and him are acting right now, they are not eating up tons of story focus in DoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Kevin Feige actually worked as a producer on the WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN cartoon series. That was in 2009-2010. It's a pretty good cartoon (not as great as the Fox or Evolution of course) and it gives some insight on what he can do with the property.
    Wasn't he around the early Fox X-men movies in some sort of capacity as well?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Wasn't he around the early Fox X-men movies in some sort of capacity as well?
    He was assistant to Lauren Schuler Donner (wife of Richard, director of the Superman movies) who produced those movies but he was quite junior at the time, and didn't have too much of a say.