Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Congratulations, you played yourself.
    Even in that comment you slide the blame onto Perlmutter since he was the one in charge and poor Feige couldn’t do anything because he is a genuine fan and everything he does is for passion. Like FemThor totally wont be a cash grab and shang chi isn’t a desperate attempt to pander to China because feige loves these characters

That is a low budget movie for a DC and Marvel movie. The fact that it didn't do great shows that it needed to have that lower budget. Yes. These days, most movies are risks. Unless you have an actual, bona fide, box office draw in terms of cast, your movie isn't expected to bust blocks. This is why we are seeing more and more sequels, spin offs, prequels, and reboots. Since streaming became popular around 2012, it's been infinitely harder to put asses in seats at the cinema. That's why studios have been trying to replicate Marvel Studios' success - because they're successful. Shazam was a risk, but that's why there was a smaller budget for it. This is a well known process in Hollywood. Original properties these days are few and far between. A lot of them get funded by streaming platforms because they may get watched there. John Wick was probably the last big example of a new IP getting popular. And that had a TINY budget.
    Shazam was not low budget and it performed decent given the obscurity and the fact it was coming off Justice League and in between Captain Marvel and Endgames. The mcu has never taken risks because they’ve always fallen back on safe fun and consumable fluff. I’d say Winter Soldier was their biggest risk to date

At least we agree that Ragnarok was one of the best movies in the MCU, like The Last Jedi was in Star Wars!
    Last Jedi was boring garbage. Ragnarok was at least stupid brain dead fun but had no right being a thor movie considering how much was undone in Infinity War

It's so funny reading Dboi2001 and Castle's comments in this thread, because most of it just comes across as "Darker = Better!" and "Well MCU did that too". Neither of you have any regard for different opinions, and Dboi, no matter what you say - you started this thread in order to push your opinion as "objective fact". Neither of you seem to understand what objectivity is, and your posts are hypocritical through and through. Honestly, I don't know either of you, but you both seem envious of the MCU's success. It seems you both love Zack Snyder's DC films and vision, which is fine, but maybe you're annoyed that his vision wasn't seen through to the end. This is also fine.
    I never said my opinion was fact if anything you did that constantly saying “well people liked it so it must be good.” You are attacking a strawman

What I will say though, is that I don't believe either of you love the FOX X-Men films, or hold them in as high regard as you have said. I think your bitterness over the MCU has clouded your judgement completely and so anything MCU related is bad, or at the very least, destined to be bad. This is not something that the majority in this thread (most likely the world too) agree with. Deal with it and move on.
    don’t tell me what to do. I consider X2 to be a near masterpiece of action movies and put it well above most mcu movies. Only WS and IW/Endgames are better. First Class and DoFP are also well above most mcu movies. Last Stand and X Men are kinda middle of the road blending in with the likes of Thor and Cap America The First Avengers and Dark Phoenix being worse than any other movie. I like most mcu movies however I still see the mcu for what it is. a corporate produced fluff piece with no differences between its over 20 movies all blending together. Sure some stand out but most do everything to blend in. In fact my biggest issue with the mcu is actually how it all but killed marvel comics since editorial has done everything to copy the movies and failing. So no i won’t let this go because what’s the point of this website if no one disagrees? So no i don’t overrate X Men

If i had to makes. brief scaling list Is say WS and the Infinity movies to be the best, X2 is a little bit below them with DoFP, X Men and First Class being just above the likes of Civil War. Last Stand i’d say and Apocalypse is equivalent to AoU. Decent action and scale but bloated and overstuffed with wasted potential. Dark Phoenix is far worse than any MCU movie. I’ll give the mcu credit it is much more coherent and consistent than the fox movies. That doesn’t mean i have much faith in their X Men adaption or think Feige is a patron saint of superhero movies and i certainly couldn’t care less if he made characters household names. If sacrificing the mcu means avoiding the endless relaunches in attempts to appeal to mcu movie fans i would trade that in a heartbeat as much as i like the mcu

One last question since this is probably it between the two of us Do you think Zack Snyder regardless of ability as a director is passionate about dc characters? As a side note how does his passion compare to Feige’s perceived passion?
    Last edited by Dboi2001; 09-06-2020 at 01:14 PM.

BANNED

It's so funny reading Dboi2001 and Castle's comments in this thread, because most of it just comes across as "Darker = Better!" and "Well MCU did that too". Neither of you have any regard for different opinions, and Dboi, no matter what you say - you started this thread in order to push your opinion as "objective fact". Neither of you seem to understand what objectivity is, and your posts are hypocritical through and through. Honestly, I don't know either of you, but you both seem envious of the MCU's success. It seems you both love Zack Snyder's DC films and vision, which is fine, but maybe you're annoyed that his vision wasn't seen through to the end. This is also fine.

What I will say though, is that I don't believe either of you love the FOX X-Men films, or hold them in as high regard as you have said. I think your bitterness over the MCU has clouded your judgement completely and so anything MCU related is bad, or at the very least, destined to be bad. This is not something that the majority in this thread (most likely the world too) agree with. Deal with it and move on.

To clarify, darker does not mean better . you can find sufficient fans that will tell you Deadpool or first class are the best films and they are the least darkest of the bunch. why would you interpret anything we said as dakrer= better? Nope. we don't just want fluffy x-men baked by mickey mouse. we don't want many xmen stories to be nixed because disney will find them as dark. that is disney , not us fans that are calling it ''dark''. what we see are relatable more adult focused stories, which is the comics.

To defend darkness, the artistic reception don't lie though. Logan and TDK are consider two of the best achievements of comic books and they were dark. Logan was very dark. even their counterparts movies before them, Batman Begins and DOFP were dark movies too and the reception does not lie they are not acclaimed because they are fluff fun like Disney. they were acclaimed because they push buttons for comic books. Marvel comics is darker than the MCU movies. disney is just blurring out all the darkness.

darkness is fantastic when it is done well and xmen has done that like 4-5 times with success. no way, is mcu light fluff xmen going to now be welcomed with open arms just for the reason MCU cant do dark, if anything it will just make people very resentful about it.

Other franchise were darkness turned out to be their best films: Star Wars episode 5, Star Wars Episode 3, Harry Potter 3 or 8, Terminator 2. Even Rogue One is considered the best Disney star wars film and it was the darkest.And people wonder why Snyder is vindicated Snyder doing those films were a blessing. looking back now its so wrong that his movies were slammed because people expected it to be light fluff like the MCU.
    It is only with Kevin Feige movies that anything other than Disney fluff action comedy is automatically interpreted as dark.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-06-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    To clarify, darker does not mean better . you can find sufficient fans that will tell you Deadpool or first class are the best films and they are the least darkest of the bunch. why would you interpret anything we said as dakrer= better? Nope. we don't just want fluffy x-men baked by mickey mouse. we don't want many xmen stories to be nixed because disney will find them as dark. that is disney , not us fans that are calling it ''dark''. what we see are relatable more adult focused stories, which is the comics.

To defend darkness, the artistic reception don't lie though. Logan and TDK are consider two of the best achievements of comic books and they were dark. Logan was very dark. even their counterparts movies before them, Batman Begins and DOFP were dark movies too and the reception does not lie they are not acclaimed because they are fluff fun like Disney. they were acclaimed because they push buttons for comic books. Marvel comics is darker than the MCU movies. disney is just blurring out all the darkness.

darkness is fantastic when it is done well and xmen has done that like 4-5 times with success. no way, is mcu light fluff xmen going to now be welcomed with open arms just for the reason MCU cant do dark, if anything it will just make people very resentful about it.

Other franchise were darkness turned out to be their best films: Star Wars episode 5, Star Wars Episode 3, Harry Potter 3 or 8, Terminator 2. Even Rogue One is considered the best Disney star wars film and it was the darkest.And people wonder why Snyder is vindicated Snyder doing those films were a blessing. looking back now its so wrong that his movies were slammed because people expected it to be light fluff like the MCU.

It is only with Kevin Feige movies that anything other than Disney fluff comedy is automatically interpreted as dark.

I support the Disney Fox merger it is a good thing.

Yes, I too like to repeat words like "fluff" and "strawman" to make it seem like I know what I'm talking about

Zack Snyder is a hack lmaoooooo

BANNED

Yes, I too like to repeat words like "fluff" and "strawman" to make it seem like I know what I'm talking about

This is not fluff or strawman. I am using The Wolverine not even Logan.

This is world war 2. Of course I know world war 2 was a dark moment but what I see here is a relatable character in a fictional world of comic books, tackling some difficult themes of war.

Telling that to Feige and his Disney's managers is like speaking Italian to him in terms of understanding because all he would see is dark and scaring kids. who would not want to buy wolverine's toys and that will anger his managers.

Whoever plays Wolverine in the MCU, It won't be pretty for him when you know MCU would have nixed 90% of wolverine's stories from the fox movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-07-2020 at 02:10 AM.

That scene is fluffier than my belly button

Incredible Member

Still more passionate than Feige and Gunn combined

Listen guys, if my mother's name is Zack and your mothers' names are Zack, we can all put this behind us and be friends

Incredible Member

Listen guys, if my mother's name is Zack and your mothers' names are Zack, we can all put this behind us and be friends
    No, in fact i might be furious believing it to be a trick until i’m explained what’s you mean and i’d be more of a reluctant aid but certainly not a friend. Now if you tell me to do something big illegal because your famous i’d be your friend

I'd love to be your mentor Dboi, but you're gonna have to sort out that attitude first!

That scene is fluffier than my belly button
    It’s a great scene. It’s also a scene that I could see in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It’s a great scene. It’s also a scene that I could see in the MCU.
    No No, even though you are absolutely right, there can be no positive similarities whatsoever between the MCU and FOX - MCU is only bad and fluff. There can be nothing at all in the MCU that might be considered mature or dark.

Don't worry buddy, Castle will teach you. Just like he taught me.

Can we just wait and see? And be cautiously optimistic that Feige will do a good job with the X-men and it will be fun seeing them in the MCU? Or is that not allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Can we just wait and see? And be cautiously optimistic that Feige will do a good job with the X-men and it will be fun seeing them in the MCU? Or is that not allowed?
    Man, this is all people were saying at the start of the thread, as per the title of the thread. However instead of listening to why people were excited, OP decided to just try and turn it into an argument about why it won't be good. Thread should have been closed long ago.

Incredible Member

Man, this is all people were saying at the start of the thread, as per the title of the thread. However instead of listening to why people were excited, OP decided to just try and turn it into an argument about why it won't be good. Thread should have been closed long ago.
    alright i will give it a chance