Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That doesn't necessarily make her a scientist. Not that Jan's dumb, but she'll always be more of a businesswoman than a scientist.
    Yeah. While women are almost never portrayed as being dumb, they're rarely if ever portrayed as being scientists which is really disappointing. They'll be lucky if they study a social science.

Astonishing Member

This honestly makes me more appreciative of them portraying Shuri as a scientist rather than a warrior.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    This honestly makes me more appreciative of them portraying Shuri as a scientist rather than a warrior.
    Indeed, though I'm of the conviction that like her brother T'Challa, she can work well as both.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I think it works in the MCU but comic Shuri was still pretty distinct in her own right in my opinion.

I appreciate it more in concept than execution. She wasn't a scientist when she was first created in the comics. But once she decided she was in the movies, overnight in the comics she magically became a scientist for the sake of forced synergy. Kinda lame from a continuity perspective.

But in the least I dig it in the MCU. Making her literally the smartest person on earth is pretty cool.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-31-2020 at 05:40 AM.

Moongirl was supposed to be the most intelligent being or summ

There's a girl with pink hair that work with the Avengers, Toni O/ Iron Patriot

Just to say some new characters

I wonder what it says that Moondragon was the obligatory "evil scientist" when she was a villain, but once she became a hero all of her genius was barely used. She literally could have been the New Defenders' version of Reed or Pym. I didn't read much of the Infinity Watch stuff, so I don't know if she showed her smarts. The last time I saw her do anything inventive was in Quasar, but she was still bordering on villainy and heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Moongirl was supposed to be the most intelligent being or summ

I think baseline she's the most intelligent or has the potential for it but her attitude and age get in the way of her really realizing that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I wonder what it says that Moondragon was the obligatory "evil scientist" when she was a villain, but once she became a hero all of her genius was barely used. She literally could have been the New Defenders' version of Reed or Pym. I didn't read much of the Infinity Watch stuff, so I don't know if she showed her smarts. The last time I saw her do anything inventive was in Quasar, but she was still bordering on villainy and heroics.
    Same with Emma, really. She's allowed to be a late-forty/early-fifty-something psi-tech genius inventor who is a credible peer to Xavier and corporate head / school headmistress *as a villain,* but now that she's hanging with the good-guys, it's all "I'm only 28!" fake boobs and fake accent and fake blonde. 'Cause nothings, not a threat to the primacy of the male characters (like Beast, the X-peeps primary go-to science guy), like reducing her to a caricature.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Same with Emma, really. She's allowed to be a late-forty/early-fifty-something psi-tech genius inventor who is a credible peer to Xavier and corporate head / school headmistress *as a villain,* but now that she's hanging with the good-guys, it's all "I'm only 28!" fake boobs and fake accent and fake blonde. 'Cause nothings, not a threat to the primacy of the male characters (like Beast, the X-peeps primary go-to science guy), like reducing her to a caricature.
    And we never saw Emma go through any rigorous college level courses in that mini of hers years ago to earn any sort of degree in the sciences but you know, comics.