Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is exodus teaching kid omega?!!

Okay so we have seen the campfire thing a few times. (Warning I got this from YouTube not my original idea) and every time we see a kid that looks like quintin. Could they have children clones of omega mutants being indoctrinated into Krokoa life?!?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KfMYcymFs58
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Maybe Quire has a brother.... *shrugs* IDK I mainly just question why of all people Exodus is the one leading the youth into the future.....

Because someone at Marvel likes Exodus and needed a place to put him that stands out. That's pretty much it. Marvel doesn't decide things by what fits a character's history, only by a mix of who their faves are, which characters are too popular to not use, and which are useful for PR purposes.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Spectacular Member

Comic Book Herald posted a video on this just today actually

https://youtu.be/KfMYcymFs58

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Comic Book Herald posted a video on this just today actually

https://youtu.be/KfMYcymFs58
    Very, very interesting. Huh. The redactions he mentions are indeed suspect. Huh.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Who is kid omegas father. Did that ever get revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Maybe Quire has a brother.... *shrugs* IDK I mainly just question why of all people Exodus is the one leading the youth into the future.....
    From a storytelling perspective, it's pretty common to have a character narrating the "actual story" to some other characters. I assume Hickman brought Exodus into that role because 1) he's an incredibly powerful mutant with some degree of importance canonically, and 2) the biblical nature of his name perhaps led to Hickman choosing him as the children's storyteller, for numerous reasons.

-Pav, who is just spitballing but has given the notion some thought since Hickman brought Exodus back into the fold...

EDIT: I saw the kid who looked like a younger QQ but didn't think much of it -- just figured, if anything, maybe he's copying QQ's style in a "mutant fashion" sort of way. It would be interesting, however, if it IS a QQ clone, maybe due to the crazy amount of times he's died already in X-Force.
    Last edited by Pav; 08-30-2020 at 06:17 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Exodus is a guy who may not have the right personality for it, but he certainly has stuff he can teach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Exodus is a guy who may not have the right personality for it, but he certainly has stuff he can teach.
    Personally, he's the last person you want near kids. And if he must be allowed to teach monitor him like hawk and make sure he's not indoctrinating people in class or in secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Personally, he's the last person you want near kids. And if he must be allowed to teach monitor him like hawk and make sure he's not indoctrinating people in class or in secret.
    Among the X-Men who would be your 1st. 2nd. 3rd. etc. Choice?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Because someone at Marvel likes Exodus and needed a place to put him that stands out. That's pretty much it. Marvel doesn't decide things by what fits a character's history, only by a mix of who their faves are, which characters are too popular to not use, and which are useful for PR purposes.
    What are you talking about, he fits perfectly in the cult leader role.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    What are you talking about, he fits perfectly in the cult leader role.
    One could argue that the effect he's having on the youth of Krakoa may lead to a true and final "exodus" from human society, morals, etc.

-Pav, who wonders if Exodus will ever yell, "Let my people go!" (although maybe that's too heavy-handed)...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

IF they can evolve Magneto as a grey hero, why not Exodus.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He's usually been a follower, not a leader, so perhaps he's finally found a group so far down the totem pole that he can feel like the leader.

Although his fascination with / idolization of Magneto doesn't seem to have changed, so it might be another twisted way to get Mags attention, by grooming a new set of Acolytes for him...

There are some responsible folk on Krakoa like Scott, Jean, Ororo, etc. and it must be kind of a nightmare for them to be trying to keep a wary eye out for what sort of shenanigans Selene, Shaw, Apocalypse, Sinister, Exodus, etc. are up to, as well as the dozens of lesser threats (like the MLF or Proteus) or purported allies who occasionally make draconian or ill-considered or ethically sketchy calls (Magneto, Xavier, Beast). Back in the day, it was enough to keep an eye out for Ilyanna or Rachel or Wolverine going a bit over the top, now there are actual 'supervillains' and mutant supremacists and organizers of various genocidal massacres hanging around!

Haha, this doesn’t quite beat “new black woman character - could it be Storm?”, but still quality.