Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    drclandestino

Default If Moira X dies, can she be resurected by the Five?

If Moira X dies, can she be resurrected by the Five?

How would this affect her powers?

Could this be her ultimate goal, rather than the survival of the mutant species?

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I'd say no. The universe could reset before the Five get a chance to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by drclandestino View Post
    If Moira X dies, can she be resurrected by the Five?

How would this affect her powers?

Could this be her ultimate goal, rather than the survival of the mutant species?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I'd say no. The universe could reset before the Five get a chance to do anything.
    Buuuuuuuut, what if The Five make a clone of Moira BEFORE she dies?

Aren't we supposed to see what happens when multiple versions of a single character exist simultaneously?

-Pav, who hadn't thought of this before...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

The universe resets. Moiras powers will need to be cancelled

I don't get Moiras powers just because her life resets what's to say the other universe's don't just keep going on it's not like she really knows what happens to the universe after she dies. Or did Hickman explain this? IDK I could be wrong.

But if this is truly her last life, maybe nothing resets.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I wonder. If they deposed her with forges gun, killer her then rebirth her with the 5 would that “reset” her birth to then..: if so would that allow multi retries at something
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I don't get Moiras powers just because her life resets what's to say the other universe's don't just keep going on it's not like she really knows what happens to the universe after she dies. Or did Hickman explain this? IDK I could be wrong.
    This. I think the other universes just keep going. Meaning the 5 can bring her back. But a version of her would be born in the past of another universe while the 5 will have resurrected a new Moira. Moira may have come up with a way to know the other universes continued. She’s a top scientist. She knew time travelers and teleporters.

I think is implied that the new universe overwrite the previous one.

If this is expanded in the future and we discover that we can access the previous lifes, i dont know.

Also.... wouldn’t Reed Richards have known about this when they were rebuilding the universe? Also, what about all of the alternate timelines that have interacted with 616? Do they get rebooted too? So many questions... hmmm... Hickman WAS the orchestrator of Secret Wars....

We’re all taking her word for it that any of this is true. Who’s to say she’s not lying. Hickman himself says he lies. Could be that there’s some other owner in effect that makes Xavier and Magneto believe why they saw/she said is the truth.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The librarian in life 6 from Powers of X outright states that Moira resets the universe when she dies IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Buuuuuuuut, what if The Five make a clone of Moira BEFORE she dies?

Aren't we supposed to see what happens when multiple versions of a single character exist simultaneously?

-Pav, who hadn't thought of this before...
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    But we don't know exactly how her powers work. What if the universe resets because it no longer has a connection to Moira's consciousness?

If The Five clone a second Moira, and the first dies, the universe may stay rooted in place thanks to the connection between it and the second Moira's consciousness.

Again, just spitballing here.

-Pav, who can't wait to find out what the deal is...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

I would say yes.

Mostly because the whole "resets the universe" thing about her backstory sounds so incredibly likely to be false and is basicly unproven.
    It's also quite convinient how it can't be proven to be true because the very claim implies all proof of it was erased. So the moment anything from that past universe turns up to actualy show us these universes existed for real, it throws into question if they were erased at all.

So basicly the only way to prove her claims are real, would actualy reveal these claims to be false or faulty.

This is especialy the case given how the marvel universe handles alternative timelines and timeline changes, which Moira X's backstory is entirely centered around.

Infact anything about Moira X should be questioned from start to finish, given that everything we know about her comes from her own memories. So considering how easy it is to manufactor, manipulate and implant memories in super hero comics (just ask Wolverine), why should we as readers blindly believe what she claims is real?

She is a massive concrete block of a retcon dropped onto the X-men's history, which should automaticaly raise some alarm bells with longtime super hero comic readers, especialy looking at the whole Voyager thing over at the Avengers a short while ago.

So overall i would judge the chances of her memories and claims towards reseting the universe as much more likely to be false or at least faulty, compared to them being true, that i would also judge her chances to be replicatable via the five and cerebro to be very high.

Not that it doesn't hold some interesting story potential for a copy of her to essentialy end up stranded in the current universe and having to live with the consequences of her actions.

Fantastic Member

What if the whole Moira thing is another attempt by Cassandra Nova to wipe out mutants by having them all in one place.... I mean Hickman is a fan of Morrison