Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Actually, Krakoa feeds on mutant energy often rendering mutants powerless and can feed off this energy as long as the being(s) remains on the island.

Anyone else ever wonder why (since it is an island) Krakoa isn't physically attached to the planet?
    Yeah I know that Krakoa feeds on mutant life force , so it is not an exact similarity to a hive , just slightly similar. I still think one day Krakoa will show its true colours but maybe they'll just put it all down to Arrako corrupting Krakoa or something like that.

I think Beast needs help with these protocols.

I feel Qwerty and Blackbox would be awesome in a circuit some how

Same for Book and Broadband
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-23-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Bumping this thread as Krakoas security is abysmal. Anyone have any better ideas for a security team then what we currently have?

I think a space circuit with Hope, Monsoon, Storm and Vulcan to create a space weather shield against invasion would be good too
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-28-2022 at 07:40 AM.

First up you need a sensory unit so i'm having my more feral mutants doing regular sweeps of the island in packs their sense of smell and hearing should come in handy.
    Then your elementals they are sensing for any unusual shifts in wind, water, air, earth, etc.
    You then have the telepaths sensing for any strong thoughts heading to the island Empaths would be in this unit as well as they will be also sensing for any emotions so they could potentially be boosting each other.

From there you have your telekinetics exodus and hellion with sensory tk shields around the entire island, the moment some foreign comes into contact with it all are alerted. From there you have your sea and air mutants come out in combat formations depending on where the threat is coming from. Most of your sensory team can also switch to offensive as well and a strong offense at that and the enemy hasn't even entered the borders yet.

From there once the targets are identified you bring in the teleporters to start breaking up the enemy units and knocking them out of formation and isolating the targets.

Also given how many mutants are on the island for the most part in theory they should be able to accomplish this as a huge subconscious conduit allowing for each to still operate independently on the island and not be 100% focused on the task. like background processing.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-28-2022 at 07:56 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    First up you need a sensory unit so i'm having my more feral mutants doing regular sweeps of the island in packs their sense of smell and hearing should come in handy.
    Then your elementals they are sensing for any unusual shifts in wind, water, air, earth, etc.
    You then have the telepaths sensing for any strong thoughts heading to the island.

From there you have your telekinetics exodus and hellion with sensory tk shields around the entire island, the moment some foreign comes into contact with it all are alerted. From there you have your sea and air mutants come out in combat formations depending on where the threat is coming from. Most of your sensory team can also switch to offensive as well and a strong offense at that and the enemy hasn't even entered the borders yet.

From there once the targets are identified you bring in the teleporters to start breaking up the enemy units and knocking them out of formation and isolating the targets.
    So much more practical then what we got in X-Force.

Annika (Book) should be deployed to the medical unit or to help Forge or to sneak into Reeds/Dooms lab and absorb all their knowledge to aid the Science/Medical units
    Broadband and Blackbox should be intel helpers

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    So much more practical then what we got in X-Force.

Annika (Book) should be deployed to the medical unit or to help Forge or to sneak into Reeds/Dooms lab and absorb all their knowledge to aid the Science/Medical units
    Broadband and Blackbox should be intel helpers
    Prodigy could also come in handy for this. imagine any knowledge he obtains being constantly feed to other mutants via a light telepathic loop that is constantly educating them. Of course not all minds can absorb all info but in theory those pieces that connect to one should be able to take root. imagine what that also does for an understanding of more practical abilities like the healers etc.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Just goes to show Beast is actually the worst. All these mutants at his disposal and he chooses a team comprised as a hammer

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I wonder what would be a good way to counter mutant dampening technology? Maybe mutants should be using weapons and vehicles more often. I'd like to see anti-Sentinel turrets and guns sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I wonder what would be a good way to counter mutant dampening technology? Maybe mutants should be using weapons and vehicles more often. I'd like to see anti-Sentinel turrets and guns sometime.
    Is there a mutant that can nullify the energy frequencies admitted by it like say the omega level energy manipulator Vulcan?

Really depends on how they work. Like for instance if it's frequency you could have your sonic based mutants find an anti frequency that blocks the power cancellation. If it's more blocking conscious access you could in theory have mutants switch to an "off mode" where telepaths take control of their subconscious thus bypassing the conscious destabilizing of their powers. The hardest part to countering it though is the lack of really understanding how it works or what exactly it is doing.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I wonder what would be a good way to counter mutant dampening technology?.
    At this point I think it's dumb that mutants haven't come up with technology that nullifies mutant dampening tech. I would love it if villans cornered mutants and activated their tech to stop their powers, then mutants pressed another button that said "Lolz! PSYCH!" then proceeded to obliterate the opposition with their mutant abilities as their enemies piss their pants.

Seriously, with all the geniuses at their disposal, there is no excuse for them to have not come up with some countermeasures by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Given how many times Krakoa has been invaded I figured we can come up with a plethora of mutant protocols that could protect the Island.

Protocol#1: Illusion death barrier
    Number of mutants required: 12

Illusion:
    Mastermind
    Lady Mastermind
    Martinque Jason

Intoxicants:
    Pixie
    Beautiful Dreamer
    Could Pixie not be in a circuit alongside Lady Mastermind, Mastermind and Martinque?

Would be awesome to see pixie with her sisters and Mastermind create some next level illusion around Krakoa. And I am certain Pixie's mother mentioned that Pixie, Lady Mastermind and Martinque could create powerful illusions together.

Given the fact that most mutants don't have offensive powers and many of the ones that do aren't much more dangerous than a human with a gun it is ridiculous that Koraka doesn't have conventional armed forces. If the Genoshans had tanks, guns and planes they won't have wiped out so easily by Nova's sentinels.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Replace X-Force.
    My flag is bacon.

Mighty Member

Neat thread.. We have so many mutants with such great powers that we dont get to see.. I would love to see a data page with them..

No Technology Zone: Mutant circuit with Phantanzia, Bedlam, Hijack, and Sage

Creates a zone where tech does not work.

Ultimate Defense: Mutant circuit of mutants with force fields or abilities that can produce force fields project an island wide above and below force field: CeCe, Unus, Unuscione, Skids, Exodus, Hellion, Projector, etc, etc..

Recovery Pods: Mutant circuit of Triage(healing), CeCe Reyes(force fields), Charles (links folks), Fabian(boosts)

Temporal Anomaly: Tempo, Tempus, Sway, Presitge and Khora- Khora boosts Prestige links and add her temporal skimming to the collective temporal powers of the other 3 who create a time distortion wave to stop invaders in their tracks.
    Definitely would like to see a data page devoted to stuff like this especially as it pertains to elemental mutants as we have so many not doing a lot.