Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    This. Except the LMD should fall from the heavens like Lucifer and smite Marcus Johnson, yea, even the memory of Marcus Johnson, from the face of the Earth. ;p
    Haha, I don’t really mind him too much these days. I’m over it. He’s featured in a couple of decent runs. That said, if we never saw him again, I wouldn’t be too upset.

One word: Lockjaw!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Apparently they've already set it up. Was it not revealed that a time traveling Cosmic Ghost Rider actually killed Uatu, and not Nick?
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I know Uatu is "dead", but I didn't realize all of the Watchers were gone, too. When did this occur? I need to read up on those issues.
    I'm not aware that they are, but they're not on the Blue Area of the Moon watching the Earth.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I think The Watchers are around, our sector of space just doesn't have one. Which makes sense because nothing interesting ever happens in our sector of space
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Reed and Franklin talk with the other Watchers and a Watcher takes Nick's place and Nick in return becomes a multiverse spy taking intel on all the universes the FF created and maybe become the head of A.R.M.O.R.

The President loses the election but refuses to leave office.
    Only Nick Fury can save America!

Marvel already has another Nick Fury and they don't use him for anything. Why go through all the trouble of retiring the current Nick Fury and bringing back the original Nick Fury... if they are not going to do anything with him anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    The President loses the election but refuses to leave office.
    Only Nick Fury can save America!
    Do we need Nick Fury for that? Can't a couple of Marines or Secret Service agents deal with that?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm not aware that they are, but they're not on the Blue Area of the Moon watching the Earth.
    What happened to Ulana, Uatu's wife? Last I recall she lived there with their child still.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Reed and Franklin talk with the other Watchers and a Watcher takes Nick's place and Nick in return becomes a multiverse spy taking intel on all the universes the FF created and maybe become the head of A.R.M.O.R.
    The Watchers used to be a very active governing council. They wouldn't allow someone like Nick Fury to consider himself one of them. At least not if any of the old stories about the Watchers are true. The Watchers would come for Nick and it wouldn't be pretty. Just like they go after any Watcher that breaks their longstanding oath. Editorial is dropping the ball somewhere on the greater lore of the Watchers. It's sad, really.

Astonishing Member

The Watchers used to be a very active governing council. They wouldn't allow someone like Nick Fury to consider himself one of them. At least not if any of the old stories about the Watchers are true. The Watchers would come for Nick and it wouldn't be pretty. Just like they go after any Watcher that breaks their longstanding oath. Editorial is dropping the ball somewhere on the greater lore of the Watchers. It's sad, really.
    The Watchers don’t consider Fury one of them. Making him the unseen was explicitly a punishment, as it would be an ironic hell for a man of action like Fury

Nick has stuck to the role of quietly watching far better then Uatu ever did. That guy would break every oath he took just to take the time to sh*t talk Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Couldn't Marvel just make it simple and say that when Reed and Franklin were rebuilding the multiverse that the original Nick Fury came back too? Reed and Nick go back a long way and the FF and Fury teamed up in the first confrontation with the Hate Monger in FF #21
    No. The Unseen has been used since then, in Saladin Ahmed's Exiles and in the upcoming Empyre: Fantastic Four Fallout.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Nick has stuck to the role of quietly watching far better then Uatu ever did. That guy would break every oath he took just to take the time to sh*t talk Beast.
    Right. I'm sure there are plenty of people who could be a better president, but if you murder the current one to get the job, I'm pretty sure they don't let you keep it, no matter how good you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No. If Marvel wanted to keep things simple they would have just killed classic Fury and brought over Ultimate Fury instead of Marcus Johnson...whoops....Nick Fury(sigh) Jr
    They won't bring him back and risk some SJW losers getting up and arms about bringing in a white man instead of utilizing the Ultimate/MCU version.

They should have just killed him off instead of leaving him on comic book limbo.