Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Nick has stuck to the role of quietly watching far better then Uatu ever did. That guy would break every oath he took just to take the time to sh*t talk Beast.
    And if Uatu hadn't been proactive he never would have warned the F4 of Galactus, the impact that CW would have, the consequences of collecting the gems... Uatu may haven bad at keeping his oath but at least he cared about doing the right thing when needed.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    They won't bring him back and risk some SJW losers getting up and arms about bringing in a white man instead of utilizing the Ultimate/MCU version.

They should have just killed him off instead of leaving him on comic book limbo.
    I imagine the SJW types are still furious at Marvel -- anyone, really -- who thinks that swiping another established character's mantle and making them persons of color (or women) just to check a representation box actually addresses the concern or the challenge before them. Palliation never works. Never.

The original version of Nick should be the only version of Nick in print. And then they need to ditch the whole Watcher thing. Whatever else happens to the character after that, so be it. The geopolitical stage is where he belongs, but I'd be equally fine with the Infinity Formula in his system expiring with disastrous effects. Mar-Vell got cancer, Jim Jones got AIDS, maybe Nick Fury contracts COVID and perishes in one of the most poignant stories of the modern era? The beauty of it is that plot works as well on screen as it would in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I imagine the SJW types are still furious at Marvel -- anyone, really -- who thinks that swiping another established character's mantle and making them persons of color (or women) just to check a representation box actually addresses the concern or the challenge before them. Palliation never works. Never.

The original version of Nick should be the only version of Nick in print. And then they need to ditch the whole Watcher thing. Whatever else happens to the character after that, so be it. The geopolitical stage is where he belongs, but I'd be equally fine with the Infinity Formula in his system expiring with disastrous effects. Mar-Vell got cancer, Jim Jones got AIDS, maybe Nick Fury contracts COVID and perishes in one of the most poignant stories of the modern era? The beauty of it is that plot works as well on screen as it would in the comics.
    Yet the tragic thing is that we aren't going to get that, no matter how right it seems and probably get labelled something idiotic for it because these are the times we live in where you can't voice an opinion different to that for it goes against what people seem to think is the norm....even when we are talking about a comic book character! Where did we go so wrong that this sort of behavior is acceptable?

Yet the tragic thing is that we aren't going to get that, no matter how right it seems and probably get labelled something idiotic for it because these are the times we live in where you can't voice an opinion different to that for it goes against what people seem to think is the norm....even when we are talking about a comic book character! Where did we go so wrong that this sort of behavior is acceptable?
    As with any social contract, there comes a point where people stop listening and common sense, consideration and empathy goes out the door. The line between subjectivity and objectivity gets blurred to the point that even basic facts are fair game for dispute and act as accelerants to the greater conflagration. Society pays a heavy toll when its citizens only care about being "right" and getting their way, no matter what.

Mar-Vell got cancer, Jim Jones got AIDS, maybe Nick Fury contracts COVID and perishes in one of the most poignant stories of the modern era?
    Do you mean Jim Wilson?

Should we start a betting pool/thread about which Marvel character gets COVID? hero, villain, supporting character

Invincible Member

They won't bring him back and risk some SJW losers getting up and arms about bringing in a white man instead of utilizing the Ultimate/MCU version.

They should have just killed him off instead of leaving him on comic book limbo.
    Except Marvel already brought back White Cap, Man Thor, Man Wolverine, and White Man Iron Man. I seriously doubt that as a company Marvel is afraid of "SJW losers getting up arms" over Nick Fury of all things...

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    This generation needs a revival of Punk Rock, or something similar, ASAP

Eh, these days they use the Ramones to sell exercise bikes and Iggy Pop to sell Cruises. Green Day of all people have a Broadway show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Should we start a betting pool/thread about which Marvel character gets COVID? hero, villain, supporting character
    It will likely be a supporting character, lesser hero or villain. That's if they dare to cover it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Englehart Humperdinck View Post
    Do you mean Jim Wilson?
    Yep, my bad. That will teach me not to watch documentaries on cults while responding to CBR threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Except Marvel already brought back White Cap, Man Thor, Man Wolverine, and White Man Iron Man. I seriously doubt that as a company Marvel is afraid of "SJW losers getting up arms" over Nick Fury of all things...
    I wish i could believe that, i really do.

It will likely be a supporting character, lesser hero or villain. That's if they dare to cover it at all.
    Marvel haven’t done a story like MCU Avengers Endgame yet, where 50% of the super heroes community are destroyed, so they could do that with C-19. I liked that premise so much, I want them to do it in the comics in one form or another. COVID-19 would work.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Marvel haven’t done a story like MCU Avengers Endgame yet, where 50% of the super heroes community are destroyed, so they could do that with C-19. I liked that premise so much, I want them to do it in the comics in one form or another. COVID-19 would work.
    Just spit balling here, but it would have to be some type of contagion that is spread among the superhero community in a way that prevents them from coming together to solve it, unlike all of the other past events. Stress "collective individualism" over task force building. And maybe the effects of the contagion are such that it renders supers normal -- even gods and such -- while proving lethal 95% of the time to anyone who qualifies as normal or peak human without powers. Obviously, the second wave of the contagion or any reoccurrence of the disease would have the efficacy to kill a super who had been devolved into normal human status. Ultimately, everyone is vulnerable.

Where would a disease like this come from? The Unseen perhaps? Maybe cutting open a Watcher and having all of that blood spatter everywhere was like opening a Pandora's Box of primordial infectious organisms? Maybe that's the other reasons why Watchers were ordered not to get too close to the sentient species that they are observing? Or maybe we keep it simple and blame the mutant community for the contagion? I can't think of a better way to ratchet up the anti-mutant hysteria. But that might be too easy. I guess there's always the Eternals. Immortals must carry any number of age old viruses that were never cured but live on in their Eternals hosts. The possibilities are endless, I suppose.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Not to be that guy, but Infinity War/Endgame was loosely inspired by the Infinity Gauntlet comic where yeah, Thanos wiped out half of the superhero community.