THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Krypton Repopulated: Any Guesses?

So? Any guesses on how House Zod does it? It's apparently not over night based off the solicit.

My top guess is that maybe they somehow used the DNA from the dead Kandorians to create new Kryptonians over time? Like in the Dune books with the ghola. Kind of a more science fiction-y way of resizing them.

Any ideas?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

In Dragon Ball Heroes, which takes place like a couple centuries after Goku and Vegeta die, there are actually quite a few humans with Saiyan DNA. Minute traces for most of them, but its still there. Following this, and the formation of the Time Patrol (headed by the Supreme Kai of Time, which is a thing in games), these human-Saiyan hybrids then make a wish on the Dragon Balls to be able to fully access their Saiyan DNA.

Now, I'm no expert on genetics. And there is so many conflicting stories on Kryptonian DNA, but really far down the line, its not impossible for there to be a large number of Kryptonian hybrids, provided there is access to a race/races that are compatible with them.

Kryptonian hybrids were an option I thought possible given works like Invincible and, yes, Dragon Ball, but ultimately I don't know how probable it is in this context.

Given the fact that on several occasions within the run Jor-El explains how it's very nearly an impossibility for Kryptonians to successfully breed outside of other Kryptonians, and that Jon's existence is nearly impossible, I wanna assume that's not their main idea for reproduction .

Though it's possible they find a race more compatible with them, thus with a much higher birth success rate than the .00000001 it seems to be at now.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Does Krypton still have a stigma against cloning? It would explain why they don't just do that.

Like Dragon Ball, hybrids being rare won't last long. We already know that Jon is capable of having children.

It hasn't come up in the run yet, so there's no telling just yet.

And as far as the hybrids and Jon's ability to have kids go, the trick still remains having having the remaining full blooded Kryptonians have hybrids like Clark did. But given the astonishingly low odds of that heavily implied by Jor-El, Jon's (and Rogol Zaar two generations before him) it. There'd need to be close to about a hundred full Kryptonians to repopulate a whole world and keep their powers into the 31st century.

......unless in the 31st century not all Kryptonians have it in them to have powers?? That would be a new wrinkle. But I don't feel like Zod would ever build his new society that unprotected again. Unless he feels like the few powered Kryptonians are enough?

Lightbulb

If the Shrunken City of Kandor is still a thing, there is your answer folks. Someone must at some point restore the population of Kandor.

I'm not sure if Kandor is still around because I tapped out late last summer. I simply hate Bendis' take on all things Superman.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

With the right cloning and breeding program...maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Kryptonian hybrids were an option I thought possible given works like Invincible and, yes, Dragon Ball, but ultimately I don't know how probable it is in this context.

Given the fact that on several occasions within the run Jor-El explains how it's very nearly an impossibility for Kryptonians to successfully breed outside of other Kryptonians, and that Jon's existence is nearly impossible, I wanna assume that's not their main idea for reproduction .

Though it's possible they find a race more compatible with them, thus with a much higher birth success rate than the .00000001 it seems to be at now.
    I always felt that breeding impossibility was always a cop out by the writers and editorial who were scared to introduce the concept.

With that being said, pre-New 52 Daxamites were descended from Kryptonians (Commander Dax-Am and his crew). The real issue I had was that writers would explain Kon-El's existence of being a clone of a Kryptonian and a human, created by Earth Science and would then say out of the other side of their mouths that they couldn't interbreed even using advance science. That just never made sense. I'm curious about how new Krypton continues on when the Androgynous people of the planet that Zod remade looked nothing like Kryptonians.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    I always felt that breeding impossibility was always a cop out by the writers and editorial who were scared to introduce the concept.
    Oh without a doubt that's true. Back in the Silver and Golden ages Superman could have kids just fine in imaginary stories. But once the imaginary story of Lois and Clark getting married became continuity, they had to think up a way to not give Superman a kid. In recent years they've eased up obviously, but the new compromise is that humans and Kryptonians reproducing not totally impossible, but just so tricky that it may as well be impossible. Personal I dig it as an idea as it is now, and was pretty so-so on it when there was just a hard no on the idea.

I'd really like to get the early, early days of the repopulation on New Krypton. Zod teaching and leading a whole new race based off the mistakes and triumphs he's made.