Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    This is a coincidence because comic films are very discussed here but i would say many moments in MCU movies. In real life people don't use humor in traumatic moments, it is safe to say they are the most unrealistic comic movies for many reasons.
    That’s actually fairly common, it’s called ‘humor as a coping mechanism’.

The CSI example is funny. I’ve heard that some police get annoyed with that show because people want them to do stuff like run a dna test for like a stolen bike and they’re Like now, we can’t do that.’

Extraordinary Member

On Murder She Wrote, I doubt very many police officials would allow a nosy mystery writer to butt in as much as Jessica did on so many cases. She was downright intrusive even though she always solved the case.

Also, after awhile, someone would've had serious questions as to why someone was murdered everywhere this woman went.

Retired

While I like CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, it's bugged me that, since his divorce, Larry can get any attractive woman he wants. I mean, I believe he can get them because he's rich and he's famous, but I don't believe he can get women so much younger than him because they actually desire him. It's the same thing that always bugged me in Woody Allen movies or on FRASIER--that accomplished, confident women would be so enamoured with them they'd jump their bones. For a paycheque, yes, but not for their raw animal magnetism. Give me a break.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    BvS is quite realistic. I have said it already that in real life Superman would get the same treatment as he did in the movie. BvS is a realistic take of Superman to Christopher reeves romantic fantasy.
    I wouldn't call anything in B vs S "realistic."

Supehero movies had a time when their movies were more grounded with real life. X-Men 1, Batman Begins, Spiderman 2. There has been a shift since the MCU and some of the few DCU movies.
    Those are movies who feel realistic but are in fact very fantastic when scrutinised. The X-men need to stop the Brotherhood from launching an unexplained machine that turns people into mutants powered by Rogue somehow. Magneto's smart but that sort of technology is like something from Star Trek. Magneto and possessed Toad/Xavier wouldn't have been able to have their "private talk in public with an entire battalion of police saying nothing. They'd be freaking out and interrupting their conversation. They also probably would have had a sniper positioned nearby, Magneto's only able to stop metal if he thinks about it.

Spider-man 2's plot revolves around a man who is working with a prototype AI system with no failsafes. Unless he's doing all that in secret he wouldn't be allowed to getaway with that in public. In addition he's made a miniature sun, which would need vastly more security features to stop it from going haywire and a bigger staff than him and his wife. In the real world scientists must abide by governmental rules, it wouldn't go by without comment by anyone and that sort of project would be monitored by numerous people from government safety inspectors, skeptics, terrorists and the military industrial complex.

Batman Begins would have ended in the third act when Batman tried to fly without a harness. The machine Ra's stole from Wayne Enterprises was science fiction, something like that is completely unrealistic in our world.

Hanging from one hand, try it, you won't last five seconds. Hanging from one hand and pulling someone up with the other. Unless you're a circus performer, you can't do it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Hanging from one hand, try it, you won't last five seconds. Hanging from one hand and pulling someone up with the other. Unless you're a circus performer, you can't do it.
    Hanging from one hand isnt that hard if your in shape. One handed pull ups aren't either but you gotta kinda turn to keep your one arm in line with your body. Now holding someone else up while your hanging from something is crazy. I have no problem with someone like the Rock doing it to Kevin Hart. But like Batman pulling up Ra's in Batman begins seems a bit much. Pretty sure Neeson is bigger then Bale by alot.

Astonishing Member

Worse is, falling a few meters than catching a ledge and hanging on one hand.

One more thing comes to mind, in Tranformers 3 the girl in the white dress was running and jumping and whatever between all the bots, and the dress wasn't even dirty...and she kept her high heels on lol

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hanging from one hand isnt that hard if your in shape. One handed pull ups aren't either but you gotta kinda turn to keep your one arm in line with your body.
    No, it is hard and you have to teach yourself how to do it. Not even the most in shape person can just jump into doing them and all of sudden be a master at them.

Now holding someone else up while your hanging from something is crazy. I have no problem with someone like the Rock doing it to Kevin Hart.
    The Rock would die trying to do that in real life. Do you know how Kevin weighs?

But like Batman pulling up Ra's in Batman begins seems a bit much. Pretty sure Neeson is bigger then Bale by alot.
    4 inches isn't a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    No, it is hard and you have to teach yourself how to do it. Not even the most in shape person can just jump into doing them and all of sudden be a master at them.

The Rock would die trying to do that in real life. Do you know how Kevin weighs?

4 inches isn't a lot.
    Lol first time I tried a one handed pull up I was able to do one. True to be able to do reps of them you need proper form. But you can muscle your way through one. Same for normal pull ups if you never do them.. I've seen plenty of people who can't do more then just one. And Kevin Hart weights like 140lbs. Hes solid muscle be hes also like 5"3 the Rock is basically double. Now in real life is he hanging from one hand and then catching a falling Hart? No but you let him hang from something and let Kevin Hart hang on his other arm. Bet you he can hold that for more then a couple seconds. Doesnt matter though. If the idea is that the vast majority of people cant catch onto something with one arm from, let alone pull themselves up. I agree, again most people who don't work out struggle with just 2 pull ups. But if we're saying someone doing that is impossible I disagree. **** the Free Solo guy could probaly hang with one arm and pull someone help.

Also looked it up (4inches is alot but not in this case) sounds like they both were around 190lbs give or take. Again someone of equal weight vs The Rock who is double the size of Hart. Not that the Rock is ideal, larger people obviously have a harder time with stuff like that.

Boisterously Confused

Two points at which Picard would have been relieved of U.S.S. Enterprise's command:
    • After rescue from The Borg
    • After rescue from The Cardassians

No organization is leaving somebody fresh from the kind of trauma in a starship's high-pressure hotseat. Especially not when there might be reason to wonder if any brainwashing might be lingering around in their skull.

Hang by your fingers from the top of a door frame (not a nice pull up bar) let your full weight go and see how long you can hang there.
    And falling and catching yourself on a window sill, not going to happen.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!