Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Beast boy is forever 15 despite being 24 years old
    I’m glad raven been doing solo work and adventures so she can grow past him
    I think he was around 19-21 when pre-flashpoint cannot remember. I would like to see him in the same age bracket as his NTT contemporaries. Raven is pretty much the same boat as BB, both of them should be older and not being continuously de-aged to be in both Tim and Damian's Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What is the oldest Beast Boy's been? 18? I'm 99% sure he was legal by late Post-Crisis.

I'm kind of wondering about Raven too, but I think she rebirthed herself into a quasi-18 year old body in the Johns run.
    I think that he was like 18/19 in Johns run and maybe 20 by end of pre-flashpoint.

Raven was like 18 when she died and became a golden spirit and when she came back she was reborn in the body of 16 year old teenager, so phisically maybe she was like 17/18 but mentally in her early 20s.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Amazing Member

If we use the ntt as reference, gar should be around 3 years younger than nightwing, same age as jason, 3 years older than tim. So he is usually reset at the age of 15 and 16, but we have already seen future incarnations of older garfield from arcs like johnīs titans of tomorrow or lobdellīs teen titans, so itīs not like him aging is completely impossible.

TeenTitansAnnual2d.jpg

But the reason he is kept younger is obviously because of the popularity of teen titans go. The teen titans cartoon may have started him out as a pure comic relief, but eventually introduced his backstory and added depth to his personality from the comics, so itīs not the source of the problem.

As for why writers have trouble using him as more than comic relief, itīs probably because itīs difficult to write a character that is both easy going as well as deeply traumatized, which is a pity because thatīs one of the things that makes him interesting.

Incredible Member

I kind of wish they would bring his friendship with Cyborg back. If written correctly they can be the Power Man and Iron Fist of DC.
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 09-18-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Incredible Member

More Beast Boy

Amazing Member

I think thatīs based on one of piccoloīs drawings, except shaded in 3d rather than with flat colors...

And speaking of older beast boy...

beast_boy_by_wfbarton_d4l8y7i-fullview.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lgcruz View Post
    I think thatīs based on one of piccoloīs drawings, except shaded in 3d rather than with flat colors...

And speaking of older beast boy...

beast_boy_by_wfbarton_d4l8y7i-fullview.jpg
    Serious Gar is serious .

Amazing Member

Thereīs one more from another artist.

garfield character study.jpg

I would say the most difficult thing about aging gar is getting the face right, because it has to lose the roundness but with the pointy ears and the sharp tooth it either looks a bit like a goblin (too square), or like a male elf (to angular).

On the other hand, iīm surprised not that many artists show him executing partial transformations and instead go straight from animal to animal, since it isnīt that difficult and it looks really cool. One the things picolo got right in graphic novel, really.

BB mid transformation.jpg
    Last edited by lgcruz; 09-22-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Incredible Member

Thereīs one more from another artist.

garfield character study.jpg

I would say the most difficult thing about aging gar is getting the face right, because it has to lose the roundness but with the pointy ears and the sharp tooth it either looks a bit like a goblin (too square), or like a male elf (to angular).

On the other hand, iīm surprised not that many artists show him executing partial transformations and instead go straight from animal to animal, since it isnīt that difficult and it looks really cool. One the things picolo got right in graphic novel, really.

BB mid transformation.jpg
    That last thing you said is something I also wonder. If definitely gives new options to combat and isn't a dead give away I what animal he going to use in one moment.

Amazing Member

He certainly did partial transformations when he debuted in doom patrol, so I guess the reason itīs not used that often is because of perez thinking it looked weird.http://www.titanstower.com/focus-on-george-perez/

garfield origin.jpg

Barreto sometimes drew the transformation animorphs style before it was even a thing, rather than skip them.

changeling barreto.jpg

But with both wolfman or geoff johns gar was only allowed to do partial transformations and chimeras when evil...

gar evil.jpg

Iīm guessing it was the tt and young justice cartoons that started the trend of him being drawn with animal features while still normal in the comics.
    Last edited by lgcruz; 09-24-2020 at 02:35 AM. Reason: broken image

Incredible Member

Just saw something on reddit of DC doing a Halloween thing with Beast and Klarion

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Just saw something on reddit of DC doing a Halloween thing with Beast and Klarion
    I just checked it out, and it appears that Beast Boy and Klarion will stars on Short story "Beast Boys to Men" by Travis Moore in next week's DC Doomed and Damned 80 Page Special.

https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...-on-sale-10-13

DC THE DOOMED AND THE DAMNED #1

DC Comics · Oct 13th, 2020 · $9.99
    It was a dark and stormy night when the creatures of the DC Universe began to emerge from their lairs into the cool evening air. Tales of the macabre, the murderous, and the morbid abound in this spine-chilling special about monsters and mayhem! What happens when Batman encounters a true urban legend after speaking its name three times in a mirror, or when Madame Xanadu enlists the help of Man-Bat to take down a shadowy specter? And who can stop an intergalactic demon from turning people into frog beasts? Only the unlikely team-up of Green Lantern and Etrigan! All this and seven more fang-tastic tales to trick your treats and bob your apples.

Amazing Member

Looked up travis moore, seems he's been penciling for a while for a dc but this is his first time writing so i guess we'll see how it goes.

As for gabriel picolo, he recently showed some of his panelling for teen titans:beast boy in a new york comic con panel, and basically talked about how much he liked adding more slice of life elements into his art. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr-jPgLrzzA

Good to see Beast Boy being showcase in the DC Doomed and Damned special.

Looked up travis moore, seems he's been penciling for a while for a dc but this is his first time writing so i guess we'll see how it goes.

As for gabriel picolo, he recently showed some of his panelling for teen titans:beast boy in a new york comic con panel, and basically talked about how much he liked adding more slice of life elements into his art. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr-jPgLrzzA
    I know he is not a writer but I would like to see Picolo helm a Beast Boy series. His ideas for Beast Boy and the rest of the Titans are nice and explore their daily lives.

Amazing Member

The story with garfield in "DC THE DOOMED AND THE DAMNED #1" was nothing special, but at least it had a good sense of humor, even the shipping bait wasn't too overbearing. The art was good too, except the human faces, all of which seemed a bit off to me.

My favourite artist when it comes to drawing gar continues to be kenneth rocafort:
    33b337b22e4a1dc692cf17ba90e7352c.jpg