Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Lame titles for movies or tv shows

There are some titles given to films or tv shows that can only be described as lame.

For example, "All The Pretty Horses". I know the film is based on a book by that name, but they should've come up with a better title for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    There are some titles given to films or tv shows that can only be described as lame.

For example, "All The Pretty Horses". I know the film is based on a book by that name, but they should've come up with a better title for the film.
    It's a great name. From a nursery rhyme. Which belies the dark McCarthy story.

I thought the recent "Project Power" Jamie Fox Netflix movie had a very lame title.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

"Extant" is sort of an awkard word.

"The B-- in Apt. whatever" and "!@$!$! My Dad Says" -- Shows with a swear word (even masked) in the title will probably never become water cooler friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I thought the recent "Project Power" Jamie Fox Netflix movie had a very lame title.
    It's like they took two very real comic series and mashed them together.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member

"Abominable" Disney kids movie about a yeti. Yeah def coulda came up with a better name why not snowman or even Yeti. " Can I get a ticket for Abominable?" Can't see how they thought that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    "Extant" is sort of an awkard word.

"The B-- in Apt. whatever" and "!@$!$! My Dad Says" -- Shows with a swear word (even masked) in the title will probably never become water cooler friendly.

It's like they took two very real comic series and mashed them together.
    I liked the movie, hated the name.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Whiskey Cavalier on ABC, how can anyone give that name to a tv show and not expect it to cancel?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's a great name. From a nursery rhyme. Which belies the dark McCarthy story.
    Its a much better name than The Road and I like it as well.

"Cougartown" - even the creator regretted that name.

"Selfie" - a decent show that had an uphill climb because of the name.

"Touch" - a tv show about a man and a boy .... and that's where everyone tuned out.

Thor: Love and Thunder - I'm still hoping its a working title and it gets changed into something less laughable.

God Friended Me - I literally get annoyed watching the NFL when I have to hear this being advtised just because of the dumbass title.

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare - Word? You couldn't just go with A Nightmare on Elm Street 6? Hell The Final Nightmare could have been its subtitle and it still works fine. But if you want to advertise that this is the movie where Freddy dies, just market it that way. Don't name it that. Which leads to...

Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday - The exact same thought. Friday The 13th Part IX: The Final Friday. Marketed as the movie that kills off Jason (though none of these films did end the franchises, of course).

Most all movies with Vs. in the title, the only exceptions being Kaiju films.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-31-2020 at 09:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Remember the trend in the late 90s where so many shows had the character's name in the title:

Suddenly Susan
    Caroline In The City
    Judging Amy
    Veronica's Closet

Maybe we're all used to it now that the show got so big and popular, but 'Supernatural' is such a lazy title.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Maybe we're all used to it now that the show got so big and popular, but 'Supernatural' is such a lazy title.
    To be fair though, as on the nose the title is, it really does hit almost every aspect of the supernatural.

Dragon Ball Evolution. In all honesty, it was more than a step back on the evolution scale for the Dragon Ball franchise.

BANNED

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Star Trek: Into Darkness

Body of Lies

Thank you for not smoking.

Incredible Member

Two Guys, A Girl And A Pizza Place (the Pizza Place was dropped but that didn't help it)
    Homeboys In Outerspace (only in the 90's could this work)
    Schitt's Creek (how do you even bring that up in conversation)

BANNED

The Bridges of Madison County. Made me not want to read the book, and made me not want to see a movie co-starring 2 two of my favorite actors. And I live in Iowa. Stupid, pointless title.