Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Batman Fandome TEASER released!

I'll need to watch it a second time but I'm really digging this totally new approach and robert nails Batman imo.

Also what do people think of snyder jl teaser which featured hallelujah. Honestly Bruces speech at the end gave me goosebumps!

BANNED

I was confused by Robert Pattinson's eyeliner, for a minute I thought it was the first look at Riddler or someone.

It looks interesting. The Batsuit looks a lot better now. Zoe Kravitz and Pattinson have chemistry in their few scenes.

The concept of a Batman story centered on a mystery and investigation is a new one for the movies.

I'd prefer if they centered on villains the movies haven't done yet, especially Clayface...or getting Mr. Freeze right second-time around, or Hugo Strange and the Monster Man, or the Man Bat. But a second roll of the dice with Riddler seems fair at this point.

The presence of street crooks with clown makeup is suggestive, almost as if this is a sequel to Joaquin Phoenix's Joker and his clown posse movement at the end of that. Are these the Jokerz menacing a Bruce Wayne who visually, gotta say, looks more like Terry McGinnis?

Astonishing Member

I wasn't blown away by the teaser (I know only 25% filmed) but listening to the interviews, the concept interested me. An early, less competent, Batman. I can buy it.

For a trailer of a film that didn't even get to complete filming because of the pandemic, holy crap that was amazing! If that's what they can put out with what they were able to get done, I can't wait to see what they can do with the whole film to make a trailer out of. This movie is going to be the best Batman outing since The Dark Knight!

Mighty Member

I suppose i'll watch it when it comes to on demand. But I am meh about a solo Batman film. Been there, done that x7.

Ultimate Member

Cool teaser but.....there’s been so much Batman related stuff in the last few years.

I’m honestly more excited for Black Adam at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I was confused by Robert Pattinson's eyeliner, for a minute I thought it was the first look at Riddler or someone.
    The eyeliner is probably what he puts on around his eyes before he puts the mask on to make the whole area black like in the comics. However, unlike most time when we see them pull off the mask and their eyes are perfectly clean, it looks like it will actually stick around when the mask comes off.

That was incredible. First time a trailer left me speechless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

It looks interesting. The Batsuit looks a lot better now. Zoe Kravitz and Pattinson have chemistry in their few scenes.

The concept of a Batman story centered on a mystery and investigation is a new one for the movies.

I'd prefer if they centered on villains the movies haven't done yet, especially Clayface...or getting Mr. Freeze right second-time around, or Hugo Strange and the Monster Man, or the Man Bat. But a second roll of the dice with Riddler seems fair at this point.

The presence of street crooks with clown makeup is suggestive, almost as if this is a sequel to Joaquin Phoenix's Joker and his clown posse movement at the end of that. Are these the Jokerz menacing a Bruce Wayne who visually, gotta say, looks more like Terry McGinnis?
    Yeah about the Terry Mcginnis aspect. I finally understand why some were worried that Pattinson's looked too young and smallish for the role. From the trailer I see the concerns. I know he is tall, here He does not look that tall. He said he bulked up but not enough to be Bale's Physique much less Affleck.

Overall this looks very promising. Its very Batman at his best and I also think it will bring a good ice punch to the comic films genre , which has gotten boring and predictable. I feel as if this is a comic movie that is getting back to basis away from the cinematic crossover lighthearted set up universe fad. I have faith in Matt Reeves. He is like James Mangold, does not give a shit about sticking to a formula and very unapologetic about his stance as a director and writer.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-22-2020 at 10:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Cool teaser but.....there’s been so much Batman related stuff in the last few years.

I’m honestly more excited for Black Adam at this point.
    Black Adam just has to exist to exist.

Batman has to exist because comic films needs his kind of film for the genre's own credibility. We can get tired of villains like Joker but never the Batman Universe.

Pattinson just proved all the haters wrong. He looks great and kicks ass. Plus he's a brilliant actor.The Trailer was Dope.

What does Batman say when Alfred tells him you are a part of this? It sounded beautifully hunting.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Not too bad I must admit. Mr. Twilight might actually pull off his take on Batman.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not too bad I must admit. Mr. Twilight might actually pull off his take on Batman.
    His name now is Battinson not Mr Twilight. and yeah, this is not bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Pattinson just proved all the haters wrong. He looks great and kicks ass. Plus he's a brilliant actor.The Trailer was Dope.

What does Batman say when Alfred tells him you are a part of this? It sounded beautifully hunting.
    The haters were people who just know him from Twilight. Anybody who has watched his independent stuff (The Rover, Cosmopolis) know he is a pretty damn good actor with great range. Pattinson reminds me of Ryan Gosling in a way - do a tentpole film or franchise to make money/get your name out there and go do indie stuff (popping back occasionally for more mainstream work).

I was already confident in this film. This teaser only solidified that belief. The only bit I am still not sold on is the fact Batman seems to have a working relationship with the GCPD in place. I'd much prefer a take where he is Gordon's secret. Plus he is visible. Batman needs to stick to the shadows.

Still, I am sure there are story reasons for all that. Matt Reeves has earned enough good will with me.

like the trailer but didn't see enough Pattinson to decide on that. Hes great in Good Time, so I'm excited for this. Colin Farell was almost unrecognizable as Penguin.