View Poll Results: Would You Want Reeves’s Batman To Join The DCEU?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

6 28.57%
  • No.

15 71.43%
    Astonishing Member

Default Do You Want Matt Reeves Batman To Join The DCEU?

Do you want the Matt Reeves Earth Two Batman universe to join the DCEU world with the Justice League or would you prefer to keep the universe separate?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I'll decide once I see the movie. Also it depends on how the Snyder Cut and the Flash movie pans out.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

No, let it stay its own thing without having to Frankenstein's monster a way for all those pieces to fit. Let Reeves build his own Gotham City and not worry about how all the DCEU fits into it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'd have to wait and see whether or not it would be suitable for a broader team-up. For now, not really. I'm getting closure with a proper Batfleck sendoff. But if it's the only way we get a Batman for a better Justice League sequel, then sure.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    No, let it stay its own thing without having to Frankenstein's monster a way for all those pieces to fit. Let Reeves build his own Gotham City and not worry about how all the DCEU fits into it.
    That's one concern; shoehorning all these continuity explanations into Flashpoint-style stories might be more trouble than it's worth.

Sure but its not essential.

Astonishing Member

I voted yes just because I don't see the harm. Outside of small scale crossovers like Shazam and Black Adam I doubt there's gonna be much interaction between the various franchises going forward anyway. I don't see the point of an entirely separate universe when you can easily set the Batman in the DCEU and act like it doesn't exist.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Why not?

We're not going to see Ben Affleck take on the Batverse, may as well let someone else take a swing at it.
    Shame too as I really liked his portrayal of both Bruce AND Bats and NOT seeing him going up against rogues like maybe Ratcatcher, Zsasz, Killer Croc or Clayface seems like a missed opportunity.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Honestly i could see Pattinson's Batman eventually becoming Affleck's Batman more than the others.

So maybe you could play with that by having Pattinson be the past of Affleck's character. You could do that Deathstroke pitch but have Deathstroke dealing with both takes on Batman throughout the years.

That sounded better in my head but does everyone get what i mean?

I don't mind if the DCEU is second tier canon to Reeve's stories. If you want Pattinson to pop up in a Justice League movie, just do it. Same with Kravitz's take on Catwoman going against the Birds of prey.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-01-2020 at 07:01 AM.

God no. I like some movies set in the DCEU, but I don't care for the DCEU itself. Just give me good movies without a sniff of team ups and forget about having everything all connected. The shared universe doesn't interest me much. Even the MCU I prefer the solo films over the huge Avengers team up films.

The Batman looks awesome, let it stand on its own.