Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who at DC comics is currently a disable hero or Heroine in DC Rebirth ?

First off I do apologize for putting such a tired topic here, but it had to be said. Say what you will about Marvel, but at least it has a disable hero who uses his powers in a unique way in the form of Daredevil.

Who does DC currently have for a Disable being to look up to ?

Oracle ? Not anymore.

Batman ? He always gets healed over time

The Chief of the Doom Patrol ? It depends on the story.

Honestly, who over at DC has a disability and uses their powers in a unique way to make themselves a better hero or Heroine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    First off I do apologize for putting such a tired topic here, but it had to be said. Say what you will about Marvel, but at least it has a disable hero who uses his powers in a unique way in the form of Daredevil.

Oracle ? Not anymore.

Honestly, who over at DC has a disability and uses their powers in a unique way to make themselves a better hero or Heroine ?
    This might be a stretch, but possibly Cassandra Cain. A week or so back James Tynion was discussing her as being neurologically atypical in response to a fan who had noticed it. I'll have to find the links later since I'm on mobile as well as to show exactly what he said, but I remember being impressed with his answers.

Edit: There could also be an argument made for Batwoman as well, since she dealt with some mental health issues during her solo series, though that's not been addressed yet in Rebirth.
    Last edited by Caivu; 07-24-2016 at 04:23 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

The Chief as far as I'm aware is still disabled.

The Riddler, depending on the version. For both, being a hero and having mobility issues. And, depending of the version, add taste issues. You can dress a mean suit and bowler, and choose a green leotard?

Don't know if he's appeared post Rebirth yet, but I think Freddy Freeman was comics first disabled character turned hero.
    And has always been and will still very much be a part of DCs line up, as seen in promo material.

Last edited by Güicho; 07-24-2016 at 06:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Don't know if he's appeared post Rebirth yet, but I think Freddy Freeman was comics first disabled character turned hero.
    And has always been and will still very much be a part of DCs line up, as seen in promo material.

Didn't Freddy Freeman had BLONDE hair in the new 52 ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    The Chief as far as I'm aware is still disabled.
    It also depends on which story the Doom Patrol is in.

Didn't Freddy Freeman had BLONDE hair in the new 52 ?
    Yes, in the second image is post 52 where he's blond, he's still portrayed as disabled, What's your point?

BANNED

Yes, in the second image is post 52 where he's blond, he's still portrayed as disabled, What's your point?
    Hmm, well I'll be.

BANNED

Cyborg is missing his arms and legs and has prosthetics.

Dick Grayson in Earth 2 needs his exosuit to walk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Cyborg is missing his arms and legs and has prosthetics.
    Thanks to his appearance in Justice League and even the DCAU movies and Teen Titans Go, most people are familiar with Cyborg now.

BANNED

All he has to do is say SHAZAM and or Captain Marvel and his healed via Magic lighting.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Oracle ? Not anymore.

Well, I agree with you.

Does Deathstroke count because he has one eye? Then there're his kids; as you wrote, depending on the story, Rose may or may not have one eye. Is Jericho still mute?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Well, I agree with you.

Does Deathstroke count because he has one eye? Then there're his kids; as you wrote, depending on the story, Rose may or may not have one eye. Is Jericho still mute?
    Yeah he's mute. He uses tech and whatnot to speak but that doesn't change the fact.