Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wait, what about Wonder Woman Earth 2 Vol 3?

2 ended on a cliff hanger.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Wait, what about Wonder Woman Earth 2 Vol 3?

2 ended on a cliff hanger.
    It's already written and is being drawn right now.

The Green Lantern is the last DC work that Morrison actually wrote, but Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 3 will likely be the last one published.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It's already written and is being drawn right now.

The Green Lantern is the last DC work that Morrison actually wrote, but Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 3 will likely be the last one published.
    Too bad for his Batman 666 idea of would have loved to see that

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

When I die and there's no more Morrison DC comics, I'll believe it.

DC is sure moving in a more business-oriented direction and Grant might feel he already said everything he could possibly want to say with superheroes. Hell, I'm a huge fan and I feel like that sometimes.

HOWEVER, his last 5 or 6 or 15 projects were things he "had no idea he wanted to do" until having lunch with Dan Didio. One might say that with Didio gone, this won't happen anymore. But we still have Jim Lee: the guy who not only convinced Alan Moore to finish work under a DC umbrella, but also convinced Grant himself to write both Wildcats and Authority when he really didn't want to.

Give it time, and we'll sure hear [THICK AND CHARMING SCOTTISH ACCENT] "Well, I thought I was gone from corporate comics but then Jim started talking to me over drinks and this kid with a blue shirt yells something that sounded like "Shazam" across the street, and I remembered that I always wanted to write Freddy Freeman but never really got the chance, so ideas started forming in my head and I went home and wrote in my notebooks, and ideas just kept growing and then I had this whole manifest about how the magic side of DC should work, so (continues for fifteen minutes)." [/THICK AND CHARMING SCOTTISH ACCENT]

Let the man rest. I'll be ready when his next project comes along.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The only major character left that I would like to see him tackle is the Flash (I know he did a brief run with Mark Millar with Wally). If this is goodbye so be it, he’s already secured his legacy with his work on Superman, Batman, and X-Men to say the least, not even counting all the other work he’s done.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I loved his JLA, Batman, Flash (too short alas) and Multiversity - but his GL kinda left me cold. I dropped it after the Darkstars issues and don't feel like I'm missing too much.
    Loved and I mean LOVED the Liam Sharp artwork though...
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

I just want more Multiversity, that Multiversity Too is never coming out makes me sad.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Give it time, and we'll sure hear [THICK AND CHARMING SCOTTISH ACCENT] "Well, I thought I was gone from corporate comics but then Jim started talking to me over drinks and this kid with a blue shirt yells something that sounded like "Shazam" across the street, and I remembered that I always wanted to write Freddy Freeman but never really got the chance, so ideas started forming in my head and I went home and wrote in my notebooks, and ideas just kept growing and then I had this whole manifest about how the magic side of DC should work, so (continues for fifteen minutes)." [/THICK AND CHARMING SCOTTISH ACCENT]

Let the man rest. I'll be ready when his next project comes along.
    Lmao, so true.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The only major character left that I would like to see him tackle is the Flash (I know he did a brief run with Mark Millar with Wally). If this is goodbye so be it, he’s already secured his legacy with his work on Superman, Batman, and X-Men to say the least, not even counting all the other work he’s done.
    I think he would do a great Flash Earth One (which someone else was supposed to pen and never got around to it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I think he would do a great Flash Earth One (which someone else was supposed to pen and never got around to it?)
    Is there a plan for a Flash Earth One?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Is there a plan for a Flash Earth One?
    Sounds like the only Earth One projects left in the works are Batman & Wonder Woman Volume 3. I would be surprised if anything new from the line is announced going forward.

doubt it, I bet there will be more fallen gods, more "holes in things".

I honestly didn't think he'd do anything else for DC after he took over as Editor at Heavy Metal.
    Glad he did find the time, though.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I can possibly see him being done with monthly comics but I can't imagine that he won't be drawn back in to do some minis or OGNs for DC. He clearly loves these characters too much to quit them forever.

Personally, I actually think his best work is done with DC's characters so while I would usually be all for a creator devoting themselves purely to their own work, in Morrison's case I hope he comes back to corporate comics sooner rather than later. He's just so damn good at them!

Either way, DC Comics will be poorer for not having Grant Morrison as a constant presence.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.