Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Serpentera (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) VS Godzilla Earth

Arguably the biggest, baddest zord (correct me if I'm wrong, Guy) takes on the biggest, baddest Godzilla.

Who wins?

Astonishing Member

Stomp for G.

So Serpentera outright destroyed a planet just as good as the Death Star -- but while standing on said-planet and firing at virtually point blank range for this scale, so it's both an offensive and defensive feat. I wonder if Serpentera needs to be that close to do so, or if it just needs to fire from space. With no planet, Godzilla Earth is likely doomed, even if the blast doesn't destroy him.

On the other hand, if some math nerd could figure out if Godzilla Earth's energy output is greater than planet busting, that would make a case for hurting/defeating Serpentera, and turn the match into a quick draw. Plus, if Serpentera aims that blast for Godzilla, and Godzilla tanks that blast, Serpentera's only two options are either to flee or to accept defeat -- a planet-destroying blast will drain almost all its power in one shot.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-01-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    So Serpentera outright destroyed a planet just as good as the Death Star -- but while standing on said-planet and firing at virtually point blank range for this scale, so it's both an offensive and defensive feat. I wonder if Serpentera needs to be that close to do so, or if it just needs to fire from space. With no planet, Godzilla Earth is likely doomed, even if the blast doesn't destroy him.

On the other hand, if some math nerd could figure out if Godzilla Earth's energy output is greater than planet busting, that would make a case for hurting/defeating Serpentera, and turn the match into a quick draw. Plus, if Serpentera aims that blast for Godzilla, and Godzilla tanks that blast, Serpentera's only two options are either to flee or to accept defeat -- a planet-destroying blast will drain almost all its power in one shot.
    A quick draw is about what I was thinking too, because one way or another, Serpentera's only getting one shot here before its batteries run out or Godzilla fries it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Does the Japanese Serpentera have that same battery limit? Reading the wiki, it seems like it has an entirely different story

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Does the Japanese Serpentera have that same battery limit? Reading the wiki, it seems like it has an entirely different story
    Oddly enough, going by feats this is one of the few times where Power Rangers is more powerful than Sentai -- Serpentera has destroyed a planet on screen, but while Daijinryuu certainly is prophesized to do so if the forces of good and evil are imbalanced, fortunately the fighting dies down just enough to prevent Daijinryuu from actually demonstrating it. So there are no actual feats of Daijinryuu being a planet buster.

The biggest difference is that Serpentera is a zord with its own batteries/energy source, while Daijinryuu is an outright space god, so they're inherently difference. Nothing's ever said about Daijinryuu's energy reserves or limits.

Also interesting to note (not saying this would work on Godzilla) but Daijinryuu can do at least one thing that Serpentera can't -- hypnotize the entire population of Tokyo into almost getting them to commit mass suicide (thankfully our heroes stopped that).

Daijinryuu is a sentient alien dragon mecha while Serpentera is a war zord. We don't know much about Daijinryuu's limits only that it was completely out of the Dairangers ability to fight and they kinda just had to appease it. Serpentera meanwhile is a planet destroying mecha.

They are completely different beasts.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Daijinryuu is a sentient alien dragon mecha while Serpentera is a war zord. We don't know much about Daijinryuu's limits only that it was completely out of the Dairangers ability to fight and they kinda just had to appease it. Serpentera meanwhile is a planet destroying mecha.

They are completely different beasts.
    Yep.

Just to add and nobody asked, but Godzilla Earth is 300 meters (some 984 ft) tall while Serpentera is 500 meters (1,640 ft) long. Also one of the few times where a PR/Sentai creation is bigger than a Godzilla in a match up (but also I guess by default, Serpentera is taller than all Godzillas). Not that that says much about offense or defense since it's basically a large snake vs. a bodybuilder, I just thought that was a neat factoid.

Reading the wiki, it seems the bipedel form of Serpent/Daijin is just a bit taller than G-earth. Maybe about 50 meters.

Past G's have taken on and have defeated monsters who were larger than itself.

Reading the wiki, it seems the bipedel form of Serpent/Daijin is just a bit taller than G-earth. Maybe about 50 meters.

Past G's have taken on and have defeated monsters who were larger than itself.
    Like I said, the height difference is just a fun factoid, I wasn't bringing it up as a factor or anything. And a reach advantage is kind of meaningless if they're both shooting at each other rather than slugging it out or wrestling.

I think it's safe to say that the God of the Void King Ghidorah is comfortably bigger/longer than Serpentera by a large degree.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-01-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Godzilla Earth managed to destroy 3 small singularities with its blast after dispatching Ghidorah. These were "fictional black holes" so take that as you will.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Godzilla Earth managed to destroy 3 small singularities with its blast after dispatching Ghidorah. These were "fictional black holes" so take that as you will.
    I'm tellin' ya, we need a mathematician here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm tellin' ya, we need a mathematician here.
    I've been summoned.

*squints*

I refuse. Let Godzilla Earth die for Godzilla's sake.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I've been summoned.

*squints*

I refuse. Let Godzilla Earth die for Godzilla's sake.
    Hey man, it's not G's fault that the writer thinks Eren-lite is more important than G himself.

*stops*

Btw, am I the only one kind of disturbed by the fact that this Daijinryuu came out of nowhere and literally stomped on what appears to be a comic-relief monster begging for his life in a show that is supposed to be for kids?

Not to mention, what Cyke said about him mind-controlling people to commit mass suicide? DAMN, JAPAN!
    Last edited by Kuro; 09-01-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Yea but it's your fault for constantly reminding us.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan