Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Hey man, it's not G's fault that the writer thinks Eren-lite is more important than G himself.

*stops*

Btw, am I the only one kind of disturbed by the fact that this Daijinryuu came out of nowhere and literally stomped on what appears to be a comic-relief monster begging for his life in a show that is supposed to be for kids?

Not to mention, what Cyke said about him mind-controlling people to commit mass suicide? DAMN, JAPAN!
    Sentai dgaf man.

Mei and Dan, the Zyuranger equivalents of Kimberly and Billy, flat out killed people when they went 'Punk' in their version of that episode: https://youtu.be/lpNNm5YJRNQ?t=558

In Dynaman, a Toad Monster tried to hypnotize a bunch of brides into marrying him after kidnapping them from their weddings.

In Gaoranger, one villain temporarily killed nearly the whole team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lZKVFW6Fvo

It is, more often than not, darker than Power Rangers with some rare exceptions here and there, due to different standards.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Did I just see Kimberly mow people down with a mother****ing machine gun?

Welcome To Sentai! We're hardcore up in here!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Dairanger is one of my faves just because of how bonkers it can get, along with some fantastic choreography and drama. Among examples off the top of my head with some slight spoilers:

-- an explosion right in front of a villain completely blinds her, where her eyes are bleeding just like Johnny Depp's in Once Upon a Time in Mexico
    -- the Rangers believe they've killed a regular human civilian, when it turns out that that human was already shot and killed by the local police long before the Rangers arrived on the scene
    -- during a monster battle, a poor, random civilian is running around on fire
    -- when he was a 4 year old child, the Sixth Ranger's mom branded him, then abandoned him
    -- said-child grew up to a 10 year old with a fondness for sexual assault and harassment (so precocious)
    -- the Rangers play a trick on that same kid into making him think his mother's returned, all for the LOLs

Dairanger's a treat, and I urge everyone to watch it if they can
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-02-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Damn, those martial art fights are legitimately better than most of what is being released these days.

Damn, those martial art fights are legitimately better than most of what is being released these days.
    Dairanger in general had some sweet choreography due to being a heavily martial arts based season. This lead to one of the greatest out of suit roll calls in Sentai.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Yeah, during my most recent watch, I started thinking about the production itself. If you see a great fight or dance routine on TV, it usually takes weeks of rehearsal. If you see the same for a big budget movie, it can sometimes take take a couple months of rehearsal. On the contrary, to film an episode of sentai (not counting post-production), the actors and stunt actors have to get these fights down in a *week.* And they churn out usually around 50 episodes per season. That's incredibly impressive in my book.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Dairanger is one of my faves just because of how bonkers it can get, along with some fantastic choreography and drama.
    Dairanger and Gokaiger are the only two Sentai I've ever watched.

I remember enjoying Dairanger, but it's been a few years. Wasn't there a monster who went around making random Tokyo citizens act like they were completely sloshed? So the team had to defeat him with a Heavenly Hangover technique, or something?
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    Dairanger and Gokaiger are the only two Sentai I've ever watched.

I remember enjoying Dairanger, but it's been a few years. Wasn't there a monster who went around making random Tokyo citizens act like they were completely sloshed? So the team had to defeat him with a Heavenly Hangover technique, or something?
    Tee hee hee, including spraying the Blue and Green rangers with enough alcohol like a hose that they got drunk just from the spray itself.

Yeah, the Yellow Ranger had to challenge the monster off to a drinking contest of sake.

spoilers:
    Turns out that the other Rangers disguised themselves as the grunts and switched out Yellow's sake with plain ol' water.

Plus, I *think* the Rangers had to save a little girl somehow in this face off, who was tied up and dangling off a cliff. The girl is pushed over over, and she lands PLOP! on the ground, and *then* the Rangers come to her side to free her. Obviously it wasn't a high enough height to hurt or kill her (at least for TV -- IRL that height definitely would have been super bad), but it was just unexpectedly funny that the Rangers let her hit the ground like that.)
    end of spoilers

I watched some old school Sentai shows back in korean way back. Chodenshi Bioman.

I remember the mook enemy troopers gunned down scientists a lot in bloody fashion.