Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Where Lois and Clark technically wasn't the influence, its existence had such a huge impact on what happened with the comics... I think more significant than we've ever seen from a live action show.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Inspector Henderson was a in the Bronze Age comics, he was also a major part of the supporting cast in Metropolis from the mid 80s to the entirety of the 90s during Post Crisis.
    That's what I mean. It's not hard for readers born up to the early 80s to get the reference, but it's introduced a lot later compared most things mentioned, like Lois calling Clark "Smallville." It's like if Iceman and Spider-Man struck up a bromance in recent years
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Retired

The writers in the 1970s were fans of the George Reeves T.V. show, so now that they had the chance (which they hadn't in the 1960s), they used the opportunity to pay homage to the show in a few different ways.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I hope they bring Henderson back into the comics, but stick with Yang's notion of him being a black man. I think that was a case of race-swapping done right. It added an extra layer to Henderson that made him so much more interesting to me. It worked really well for the 1940s setting, but I think recent events have proven that a black Inspector Henderson could also add something relevant today.
    True, there is precedent for a black Inspector Henderson before 'Smashes The Klan'.

Lois And Clark:

Played by Mel Winkler

Played Brent Jennings

Superman TAS:

Not only was the DCAU version modeled after the Mel Winkler incaranation from L&C but was voiced by Winkler as well

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Super Friends

I actually can't think of anything that the 1960s Filmmation or 1970s & 80s Hanna Barbara cartoons created. They were pretty faithful to the comics. Maybe the Super-Mobile? But I assume that was created by a toy company.
    Specific to Superman maybe not. But there's a lot that SUPER FRIENDS created that influenced the Justice League and other D.C. properties, which affects Superman. Things like the Hall of Justice and the Legion of Doom started on SUPER FRIENDS and then were adapted into the comics.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Specific to Superman maybe not. But there's a lot that SUPER FRIENDS created that influenced the Justice League and other D.C. properties, which affects Superman. Things like the Hall of Justice and the Legion of Doom started on SUPER FRIENDS and then were adapted into the comics.
    Again, I was talking about Superman-specific stuff. Super Friends was no doubt influential in terms of the larger DCU and establishing Luthor as the defacto leader of Earth's super-villains, which is pretty significant

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

While the George Reeves series popularized the term "Truth, Justice and The American Way", the comics used the phrase Truth and Justice however sources say the American Way was added by the radio show during World War II but was removed after the war ended and was forgotten about until the George Reeves series used it and turned it into an iconic phrase.

However, contrary to popular opinion the character didn't really say that phrase in the comics or most mediums, the reason this misconception exists is because Christopher Reeve's Superman said it in that interview scene with Lois, at least it made sense in that scene.
    Last edited by BBally; 09-03-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark