Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Default Red Hood & The Outlaws #34 Preview/Discussion

http://mancave.cbslocal.com/2014/08/...he-outlaws-34/

Silva's killing it on the title but I'm a little burned out of Kory having the spotlight. I'm really curious on how this issue will tie with October's.

Lobdell should just write a Starfire solo if that is what he wants to do in Outlaws. I mean Lobo and Klarion are getting solos even now.

BANNED

Why don't they just call this book Starfire and the Outlaws? Every single issue is about her and Lobdell opens every issue detailing her name and origin. Really sick of this repeating over and over. We get it! We know who she is already...

BANNED

Some either complain there`s not enough Kory or Roy in the book to justify the "Outlaws" or that it`s a "Kory book".

As long the story is servicable I care little, personally. Jason is the main character and 90% of the story arcs have revolved around him since issue #1. A few arcs about the others demands on itself. This might the a balance thing. This title is where Roy and Kory are showing up, wheras Jason is showing up here, "Batman and Robin" and "Eternal".

Silva is funtastic, that much is true.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 08-15-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Some either complain there`s not enough Kory or Roy in the book to justify the "Outlaws" or that it`s a "Kory book".

As long the story is servicable I care little, personally. Jason is the main character and 90% of the story arcs have revolved around him since issue #1. A few arcs about the others demands on itself. This might the a balance thing. This title is where Roy and Kory are showing up, wheras Jason is showing up here, "Batman and Robin" and "Eternal".

Silva is funtastic, that much is true.
    Is it fine if I complain about how under not one writer has there been anything suggesting that they ae "outlaws" regardless of which character is focused on? Nobodies looking for them. Batman and Superman are in fierce support of their work even.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Jason's got the title, and that boosts sales I'm sure, but he's a key player in Batman Eternal, a key supporting role for Batman and Robin, and he'll be popping up in Supergirl as well. I think it's alright if an arc focuses on Starfire.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

While I would like to see them more earth centered, I like the diversity. It's the point of multiple charecters on one title.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Thing is that Tynion's mess of an arc was way too long and was then followed first with a Roy centric arc, and then a Starfire-centric one. I don't really follow Eternal, last time Jason showed up on B&R Tomasi teared down his development with Bruce for cheap drama and the Supergirl crossover is two months away. That's why it felts too long since Jason was the star on his title.

That half fro past month issue was a long flashback didn't help either.

I still trust Lobdell and I'm anxiously waiting for this issue though.

BANNED

The best Jason Todd in the New 52 has come from Tomasi, don't kid yourself. That's the real Jason.

Fantastic Member

That's why the Outlaws title is so good. We never know what kind of story we will get. It could be a street crime issue or one that takes them into outer space. All are possible with this team and that's what makes it exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Yeah, Jason's got the title, and that boosts sales I'm sure, but he's a key player in Batman Eternal, a key supporting role for Batman and Robin, and he'll be popping up in Supergirl as well. I think it's alright if an arc focuses on Starfire.
    The problem is that the book has become stagnant. We've already gotten stories like this in previous arcs. It isn't doing anything new or exciting anymore. It needs to be shaken up some to spark some new creativity and interest in the stories.

I feel like fans are never happy with this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    That's why the Outlaws title is so good. We never know what kind of story we will get. It could be a street crime issue or one that takes them into outer space. All are possible with this team and that's what makes it exciting.
    That's debatable. Some would call that having no solid direction.

This title needs a revamp pronto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    Wha? This book has had one story. One long story of Kory burning aliens on a space ship and sleeping with Roy as Jason just kinda hangs out. 90% of the dialogue in this book is inner monologue, which is silly.

You could literally read this new issue right after issue #1 and it would actually fit with it, as nothing has evolved in this title.