Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    Wha? This book has had one story. One long story of Kory burning aliens on a space ship and sleeping with Roy as Jason just kinda hangs out. 90% of the dialogue in this book is inner monologue, which is silly.

You could literally read this new issue right after issue #1 and it would actually fit with it, as nothing has evolved in this title.
    Now you're grasping at the straws, putting aside all the character development the Outlaws have received through the whole series the most obvious change is that they're a team now, back on issue 1, they were colleagues at best.

And while Kory has gotten the spotlight on two arcs, Jason still has the prominence on the title. It just (how I pointed out before) isn't as obvious thanks to the awful management the book suffered for nearly a year. Seriously, Tynion was an AWFUL choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    This title needs a revamp pronto.
    Perhaps. Certainly it needs more sales. The May to July comparison (June was odd because of the variant cover effect), shows continued deterioration. If the numbers don't improve soon, the book may well be cancelled by next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Perhaps. Certainly it needs more sales. The May to July comparison (June was odd because of the variant cover effect), shows continued deterioration. If the numbers don't improve soon, the book may well be cancelled by next spring.
    I'm getting my Jason fix in Eternal and both Starfire and Roy should be on a team book.

Jason is at least getting good treatment in Eternal and whenever he shows up in B&R he is written well by Tomasi.

This is just so boring and bland 90% of the time and wouldn't mind it being cancelled if they put everyone someplace else.

BANNED

Book needs to be titled "Red Hood". End of. I don't care what they do with Roy or Kory.

I don't mind Starfire getting so much development as she is the reason I read the title. However, I have come to really like Jason Todd a lot more than I did and think he is a great character. I like it when the two of them are the focus of the story. Its Roy who I don't like. I find him to be the most boring and least interesting of the team and wouldn't mind if he left the title.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Man,i'm not getting enough Jason

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    This title needs a revamp pronto.
    I agree!!!

BANNED

If Lobdell wants to do a Starfire solo book, fine, let him--I won't have to pay for her panel-hogging in order to see Jason kick ash.

Extraordinary Member

Without Kori and Roy, Jason's just another gun toting psycho. They help ground him. Take them away and at least half of the appeal of the character is gone.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 08-18-2014 at 07:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Without Kori and Roy, Tim's just another gun toting psycho. They help ground him. Take them away and at least half of the appeal of the character is gone.
    Then find some different sidekicks. They don't matter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Then find some different sidekicks. They don't matter.
    Sure they do. They're fun as hell.

BANNED

Sure they do. They're fun as hell.
    If Jason was out with Rose Wilson and Tad the "Nite-Wing" guy from Dixon's run, it'd be just the same.

Extraordinary Member

If Jason was out with Rose Wilson and Tad the "Nite-Wing" guy from Dixon's run, it'd be just the same.
    It really wouldn't considering they're entirely different characters who would bring an entirely different dynamic.

BANNED

It really wouldn't considering they're entirely different characters who would bring an entirely different dynamic.
    Different dynamic, same fun. I wouldn't mind a rotating supporting cast that's good for cannon fodder; Jason could go get bloody revenge when they got killed every other month. But I do believe people are buying this book for Red Hood--not for Starfire or Arsenal.

Extraordinary Member

Different dynamic, same fun. I wouldn't mind a rotating supporting cast that's good for cannon fodder; Jason could go get bloody revenge when they got killed every other month. But I do believe people are buying this book for Red Hood--not for Starfire or Arsenal.
    Bloody revenge would get boring after two story arcs. Jason is not Frank Castle, nor should he ever be.

And sure people are buying it for Jason. But people are also probably buying it for what Kori and Roy specifically bring out in him. In fact, if it wasn't for the way they bounced off of him, I probably wouldn't've even bothered with the book.

BANNED

Bloody revenge would get boring after two story arcs. Jason is not Frank Castle, nor should he ever be.

And sure people are buying it for Jason. But people are also probably buying it for what Kori and Roy specifically bring out in him. In fact, if it wasn't for the way they bounced off of him, I probably wouldn't've even bothered with the book.
    I guess we agree to disagree, phonogram. I'm not interested in what anyone can bring out in Jason Todd except guns and knives, and you seem to have more of an interest in characterization.