Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Can we really blame him for the firings since it was happening BEFORE him and gonna happen eventually? The merger is probably gonna clean house even more.

I would leave too if Kanye was going to pay me more. And they said Kanye himself headhunted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Pigs will fly before that happens. I'd be less shocked if DiDio came back than Johns. I think even if some of the stuff that happened in recent years never happened, I doubt Geoff Johns would even want to be back to run DC if he was given the chance again. And to be fair, aside from the occasional miniseries, I don't believe comics are even much of a priority for him anymore.
    His creator owned stuff is clearly a priority given that he stole Hitch off JSA to do another creator owned project. He's seen the light and realized how much money there is doing indie stuff like Brubaker/Rucka/Kirkman/Remender. Not to mention the potential windfall from selling movie/television rights.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It's always a good sign when the person who was hired sixteen months ago leaves, right? I mean, to work for Kanye West? Seriously?
    Working for Kanye is probably less of a sinking ship than monthly superhero comics at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    His leaving probably has more to do with the Warner-Discovery deal than anything else. The Warner Bros. and DC Films execs are rumored to be replaced when it happens. There’s rumors the Snyderverse will make a comeback under the new Warner Bros. Discovery company. If any of those rumors were true, it could certainly affect DC. It could be that he wasn’t really a comics guy and he didn’t like the work, or the chaos caused by the merger with Discovery and public offering coming soon. Who knows? You just have to think, though, poor Jim Lee. His is not an enviable position with all the chaos at DC.
    There are absolutely no credible rumors of the Snyderverse making a comeback under the new management lmao. The only people saying that are Snyderverse fans.

Looking back on this now, coming from Activision Blizzard isn’t quite the same accolade anymore. Looks like he left there just at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Looking back on this now, coming from Activision Blizzard isn’t quite the same accolade anymore. Looks like he left there just at the right time.
    When I first saw this thread I actually wanted to write something in that vein but then I saw that this thread was from 2020 before all the **** that happened at that company became public.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I hope this isn't a sign of something.
    Assassinate Putin!