Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It's always a good sign when the person who was hired sixteen months ago leaves, right? I mean, to work for Kanye West? Seriously?
    Last edited by superduperman; 01-19-2022 at 10:44 AM.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

THR also reporting it per sources, no confirmation from DC yet.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It's always a good sign when the person who was hired sixteen months ago leaves, right? I mean, to work for Kanye West? Seriously?
    Well it depends, possible he was brought in from the beginning purely to lead the downsizing effort - also from a prestige point of view I'd say working for Kanye is higher up there depending on the role.

According to the BC article, he was the one responsible for the bloodbath? Good riddance then.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Hired to fire everybody then leave, apparently.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    According to the BC article, he was the one responsible for the bloodbath? Good riddance then.
    He was the axeman but he wasn’t the one who came up with the idea of firing everyone. That was from AT&T
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

And he wasn't even around for the first major round of firings that happened in August of 2020, which took out most of the old guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He was the axeman but he wasn’t the one who came up with the idea of firing everyone. That was from AT&T
    His leaving probably has more to do with the Warner-Discovery deal than anything else. The Warner Bros. and DC Films execs are rumored to be replaced when it happens. There’s rumors the Snyderverse will make a comeback under the new Warner Bros. Discovery company. If any of those rumors were true, it could certainly affect DC. It could be that he wasn’t really a comics guy and he didn’t like the work, or the chaos caused by the merger with Discovery and public offering coming soon. Who knows? You just have to think, though, poor Jim Lee. His is not an enviable position with all the chaos at DC.

Ultimate Member

It happens...

Way more than most of us want to think.

Remember he's NOT a comic guy. What he did fits more with West than DC Comics.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    His leaving probably has more to do with the Warner-Discovery deal than anything else. The Warner Bros. and DC Films execs are rumored to be replaced when it happens. There’s rumors the Snyderverse will make a comeback under the new Warner Bros. Discovery company. If any of those rumors were true, it could certainly affect DC. It could be that he wasn’t really a comics guy and he didn’t like the work, or the chaos caused by the merger with Discovery and public offering coming soon. Who knows? You just have to think, though, poor Jim Lee. His is not an enviable position with all the chaos at DC.
    The snyderverse is deader than the dinosaurs man, it was seen as a complete failure on HBO Max
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The snyderverse is deader than the dinosaurs man, it was seen as a complete failure on HBO Max
    The Snyderverse maybe dead. It may not be. But it is a fact that AT&T is planning on merging Warner Bros. and Discovery, basically selling a portion of the assets while maintaining ownership of about 70% of the new publicly traded company’s stock, Warner Bros. Discovery. The board of the company will be appointed by AT&T and Discovery, almost evenly. The executive leading the new company will be current Discovery CEO and president, David Zaslav. In other words, despite any majority share owned by AT&T, Discovery execs will lead the new company, not Warner and DC, and not AT&T. If you’re part of the current executive structure, the handwriting is on the wall, whether or not the Snyderverse makes a comeback.
    Last edited by Brian B; 01-19-2022 at 05:17 PM.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the new guys in charge to do their own thing, even launching their own version of the DCU rather than try to bring back zombies of their predecessors. They will likely continue some of the projects that are already in development but wouldn't the incentive be to differentiate themselves from the previous regime?

You. Can't. Make. This. Stuff. Up.

I can't blame him. Working for Kanye West sounds like fun. Great parties, you get to travel a lot. I guess this means that Geoff Johns is back in charge?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-19-2022 at 10:34 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

I can't blame him. Working for Kanye West sounds like fun. Great parties, you get to travel a lot. I guess this means that Geoff Johns is back in charge?
    Say what!!?

Lol no Johns isn’t in charge. Lee and Javins are still running the show (along with that female president we haven’t heard of since she joined, anyone remember her name?). Johns is just a writer these days and all he’s doing is helping write a Flashpoint sequel.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Pigs will fly before that happens. I'd be less shocked if DiDio came back than Johns. I think even if some of the stuff that happened in recent years never happened, I doubt Geoff Johns would even want to be back to run DC if he was given the chance again. And to be fair, aside from the occasional miniseries, I don't believe comics are even much of a priority for him anymore.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-20-2022 at 12:27 AM.