Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman Bucket Lists

We're all huge Wonder Woman fans here, but what are some things (story elements, characters, creative teams, etc.) that you absolutely must see in your lifetime before you pass over to the Elysian Fields?

For me, I'll die happy (in terms of the Wonderverse) if:

• The Golden Age Villainy Inc. team reunites in a modern comic. It doesn't have to be set in the main DC Universe (whichever one is "mainstream" at the time), it can be in a side-comic or OGN. But it needs to have Eviless, Cheetah, Giganta, Queen Clea, Dr. Poison, Blue Snowman, Zara, and Hypnota in its roster.
    • Queen Sharkeeta returns! Sharkeeta is a one-off villain from the 40's, an evil shark mermaid with fairy wings, fiery red hair, and high cheekbones sharp enough to kill. I'm literally dying to see this queen return in some capacity in a Wonder Woman comic.
    • Nubia solo series, or an Amazons series starring Nubia. The character is exactly what we need right now, and DC should be pushing her to the forefront. Real One is a start, but I want full-fledged warrior of peace Nubia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    We're all huge Wonder Woman fans here, but what are some things (story elements, characters, creative teams, etc.) that you absolutely must see in your lifetime before you pass over to the Elysian Fields?

• The Golden Age Villainy Inc. team reunites in a modern comic. It doesn't have to be set in the main DC Universe (whichever one is "mainstream" at the time), it can be in a side-comic or OGN. But it needs to have Eviless, Cheetah, Giganta, Queen Clea, Dr. Poison, Blue Snowman, Zara, and Hypnota in its roster.
    • Queen Sharkeeta returns! Sharkeeta is a one-off villain from the 40's, an evil shark mermaid with fairy wings, fiery red hair, and high cheekbones sharp enough to kill. I'm literally dying to see this queen return in some capacity in a Wonder Woman comic.
    • Nubia solo series, or an Amazons series starring Nubia. The character is exactly what we need right now, and DC should be pushing her to the forefront. Real One is a start, but I want full-fledged warrior of peace Nubia.
    I love these.

::applause::

Queen Sharkeeta returns. Sharkeeta is a one-off villain from the 40's, an evil shark mermaid with fairy wings, fiery red hair, and high cheekbones sharp enough to kill.
    Your description drove me to Google for images. Now that is a bizarre, chimeric, astonishing villain if I ever saw one! The fairy wings really complete her design. Thank you for introducing me to this bit of Golden Age Wonder Woman history that I somehow missed.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

For me...

The return and redevelopment of a deep bench of Wonder rogues.

A second ongoing title that really fleshes out and better interconnects Wonder concepts and the Wonder world and the Wonder cast.

A massive crossover event that has Diana at its center the utilizes the DCU, it”s lore, and it”s characters in a fun, thrilling, and novel way.

Nothing too specific in this, so I need to mull over what I’d specifically like to see happen.

An animated series.

Renae de Liz/Ray Dilion getting to continue their sequels to The Legend of Wonder Woman.

Given the delays and how long they've taken I might as well add WW'84 and Historia to the list.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-01-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

These are pretty much mine. Yes to Sharkeeta, but I'd add the likes of Blakfu, Flamina, the Radium Giants, Crystallar, Badra,and others from the Golden Age. A lot of cool designs begging to be upgraded. If we could get a writer who genuinely loves the Golden Age rogues gallery and wants to do a deep dive, I'd be 100% there.

Also Etta and the Holliday Girls on a more regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    An animated series

Renae de Liz/Ray Dilion getting to continue their sequels to The Legend of Wonder Woman.

Given the delays and how long they've taken I might as well add WW'84 and Historia to the list.
    And yep, also these.

- Morrison's Earth One series to go beyond three volumes. If he finishes with Max Lord, and we never get to see Villainy Inc by Grant Morrison, there is no God
    - Cheetah mini-series by Rucka and Scott
    - DeConnick and Jimenez doing a companion series/one-shot to Historia about Circe.

Hell, for Phil to just keep doing highly detailed designs/Who's Who for not just Amazons but all WW characters! Like that profile for Philippus, but for Bana Amazons as well, the Gods, the villains, etc. It would probably kill the poor man though lol.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 09-01-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    For me...

The return and redevelopment of a deep bench of Wonder rogues.

A second ongoing title that really fleshes out and better interconnects Wonder concepts and the Wonder world and the Wonder cast.

A massive crossover event that has Diana at its center the utilizes the DCU, it”s lore, and it”s characters in a fun, thrilling, and novel way.

Nothing too specific in this, so I need to mull over what I’d specifically like to see happen.
    All excellent suggestions, especially a Wonder Woman-centric DCU "event" (and nothing like Amazons Attack please and thank you).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    All excellent suggestions, especially a Wonder Woman-centric DCU "event" (and nothing like Amazons Attack please and thank you).
    How about 'a Wonder Woman centric event without Batman'

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd like to see:

Villainy Inc. return in all it's glory. I'm not set on a particular roster as long as it consists of all long-time WW rogues from the 40s through the 90s. Characters like Queen Clea, Giganta, Dr. Poison, Zara, Hypnota, Blue Snowman, Dr. Cyber, Osira, Eviless, and Silver Swan all come to mind.

Donna Troy given a clear origin that ties her to Diana in a real way. I would also like to see Donna get a real codename that doesn't suck.

A WW-centric Crossover where Diana's non-public domain rogues are shown to be a force to be reckoned with for the DCU at large. Perhaps Villainy Inc. could be the driver of this with them given the Justice League a good run for their money.

The Legend of Wonder Woman Pt. 2

Dr. Poison action figure from DC Direct.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    These are pretty much mine. Yes to Sharkeeta, but I'd add the likes of Blakfu, Flamina, the Radium Giants, Crystallar, Badra,and others from the Golden Age. A lot of cool designs begging to be upgraded. If we could get a writer who genuinely loves the Golden Age rogues gallery and wants to do a deep dive, I'd be 100% there.

Also Etta and the Holliday Girls on a more regular basis.

And yep, also these.

- Morrison's Earth One series to go beyond three volumes. If he finishes with Max Lord, and we never get to see Villainy Inc by Grant Morrison, there is no God
    - Cheetah mini-series by Rucka and Scott
    - DeConnick and Jimenez doing a companion series/one-shot to Historia about Circe.

Hell, for Phil to just keep doing highly detailed designs/Who's Who for not just Amazons but all WW characters! Like that profile for Philippus, but for Bana Amazons as well, the Gods, the villains
    , etc. It would probably kill the poor man though lol.
    Ah, would like to see all these but now I'm disappointed you put the parts in bold in my head since those probably won't happen. Hopefully Circe at least shows in Historia.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Your description drove me to Google for images. Now that is a bizarre, chimeric, astonishing villain if I ever saw one! The fairy wings really complete her design. Thank you for introducing me to this bit of Golden Age Wonder Woman history that I somehow missed.
    Absolutely! She's my favorite one-off villain, so bizarre in all the right Marstonian Wonder Woman ways. I mean, where else can you get a scene like this:

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Add this to my list, too. I can't believe I didn't think of a WW-centric event that shines a light on the character and her mythos. And on my bucket list, Batman is either not in it at all (or maybe he needs saving... gigs), or with a very small role. DO NOT HAVE BATMAN SAVE THE DAY IN A WONDER WOMAN EVENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    An animated series.

I almost put an animated series and the Legend of Wonder Woman sequels on my list, but:

1. I don't think an animated series is realistic. And if they do create one, I fear it will be more DC Super Hero Girls and less Batman: TAS. As for TLOWW, I just don't see DC going back on their decision to can them. It's so unfortunate, as the first volume was such a surprising joy.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Cheetah mini-series by Rucka and Scott
    YES! Add a Cheetah mini-series to my list! It doesn't necessarily have to be Rucka and Scott (Bilquis Evely would also be fantastic), but they are definitely preferable!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I thought DC Direct was among the departments chopped a few weeks ago?

Hmm, yeah. I've been trying to build a WW rogues figure collection and outside of Cheetah, there's some limited options for decent looking ones.

I almost put an animated series and the Legend of Wonder Woman sequels on my list, but:

1. I don't think an animated series is realistic. And if they do create one, I fear it will be more DC Super Hero Girls and less Batman: TAS. As for TLOWW, I just don't see DC going back on their decision to can them. It's so unfortunate, as the first volume was such a surprising joy.
    Yeah, the sequel getting canned was a downer given they planned on bringing in stuff like Circe, Giganta, Blue Snowman, etc.

I guess related to digital series but more Wonder Woman '77 stuff.

Besides the stuff that's already been mentioned, I want her to get a long (at least 50+ issues), glorious run in the main title by a writer who loves and understands the character. A run with great stories, great art, and great use of the villains, supporting cast and Diana herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    How about 'a Wonder Woman centric event without Batman'
    Oh that's just crazy talk!
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Donna Troy given a clear origin that ties her to Diana in a real way. I would also like to see Donna get a real codename that doesn't suck.
    Oh, thank you!

Y'know, "Dark Angel" is available, currently unused, and has a publication-history link with Donna And would go great with a starfield-design costume.. Some people respond with "I don't want Donna to be dark!", but it can describe a heroic character who ventures into the darkness to rescue the threatened and innocent. Darkstar and Darkhawk are both heroes. (I'd prefer Dark Star as a name for Donna - and she was a Dark Star once! - but Marvel has brought their Darkstar back so probably it's not a great choice. Although not out of the question.)

I'm just sayin'.

(Harbinger is available too, but I don't see how you'd get it to describe the character in a useful way.)
    Doctor Bifrost