Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    He doesn't need to be The Bestest (and Daseem never fought Icarium in the series, nor did he take on someone who was pretty much Rake -1 and kick his ass edit: while badly wounded). ^_^ Lack of Trull is a crime against humanity (and Tiste Edur, let's not be speciest), man.

What really makes me giggle about Trull is that for all that Daseem, Rake, and other swordsmen get touted in the series, Trull never once has any serious problems kicking everyone he faces like a hackysack until he goes up against....

1. Berserk Icarium (whom he stalemates for a time, which is...yeesh);
    2. Silchas Ruin (whom he still ends up kicking around like a hacky-sack AFTER getting badly injured).

I would have loved to see him go up against Mok, or Daseem, or one of the others.
    I'm going to edit him in. He's simply too awesome a character.

And yeah, stalemating Icarium is completely ridiculous. Icarium, who's feats include wiping out entire civilizations. Icarium, who Quick Ben, with prep, giving every single ounce of power he has to give, manages to do all of delay for 20 seconds.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Also, I like your choices Nik; it looks insane. ^_^
    It's... well, it might just function. Maybe. It would make a fun and very silly miniseries.

No idea how you resolve power scaling with the wildly differing power levels though.

Quite apart from the interesting conflicts of personality, I have no earthly idea how the powerlevels will scale out in the field.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

In the vein of Overpowered Fellowships, I present the Anima Fellowship!

Ring-Bearer: Empress Elisabetta. Best chance of just tossing that thing in, regardless, especially due to sundry protections that will 'Nope!' the Ring's influence. Can also beat up the original Fellowship rather handily, despite being the 'weakest' of this group.

Leader: Lucanor Giovanni. Plans. Plans inside of plans, like a gross of Russian dolls of plans. Plans that take into account every contingency, including that butterfly flapping its wings on another continent. Also, plans.

Wizard: Nerelas Ul Sylvanus. Nothing says 'Wizard' like a continent-annihilating mage carting around a Pillar of Souls.

Archer: Nibelheim. And nothing says 'Overpowered' like an Imperium Patriarch Protodeus Warrior-Sorcerer-Souleating-Cryokinetic wearing a god-essence powered exo-suit and armed with a pair of Soul Weapon submachineguns. And I just realized she could kill almost all of her own group (at the same time) without breaking a sweat.

Tank: Nemesis. The character Nibelheim will arguably NOT be able to kill.

Swordsman: Kisidan. Tens of thousands of years old immortal swordsman, augmented by Imperium, possessing vast supernatural gifts and weapons. Easily the equal of Nerelas. Still gets casually stomped by Nibelheim or Nemesis.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-02-2020 at 06:36 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I'm going to edit him in. He's simply too awesome a character.
    For great justice!

And yeah, stalemating Icarium is completely ridiculous. Icarium, who's feats include wiping out entire civilizations. Icarium, who Quick Ben, with prep, giving every single ounce of power he has to give, manages to do all of delay for 20 seconds.
    It's a hell of a feat. Ever notice Trull's best feats are done with him figuring he's going to lose?

I still like him beating up Ruin.

[Trull] He's so awesomely powerful! Immortal ascendant hundreds of thousands of years old! Augh, he cut my hip to the bone! I have no chance!

*proceeds to kick the shit out of Ruin in about three moves, stopping short of killing him because a top supernatural assassin is murdering the woman he loves and Trull needs to run across the room to stomp that asshole into the ground in the blink of an eye*

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's... well, it might just function. Maybe. It would make a fun and very silly miniseries.
    Bizarre and hilarious, I'm guessing.

No idea how you resolve power scaling with the wildly differing power levels though.

Quite apart from the interesting conflicts of personality, I have no earthly idea how the powerlevels will scale out in the field.
    Well, that's part of the fun.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-02-2020 at 06:42 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Going to go less-overpowered, Marvel comics edition:

Ring Bearer: I want someone who will absolutely not be tempted by anything the ring has to offer, who will, in fact, resist it just to spite it. I want someone who can't be poisoned by giant spiders. I want DEADPOOL.

Leader: Well, I need someone with towering willpower, who has experience leading, and respects my "low power level" premise. And for that, I'll take STORM in her 80's punk-dressing depowered phase.

Wizard: Man, it's hard to find an actual comic book wizard who sucks so badly at it that they respect "low power level" as a starting point. Let's go with... SHAMAN from his Alpha Flight days.

Archer: Respecting low power levels is easy here, HAWKEYE gets the slot.

Tank: Well, here we can have fun and roll on up with MADCAP, who had some appearances in Captain America back before tools and fire were a thing. He's completely immortal and unkillable, plus he's a total whackjob, and can look at people and make them into whackjobs too. Fun for the whole family.

Swordsman: We need to have a good swordsman, we need to have somebody tough, we need to have a coffee that is two coffees. We need WOLVERINE.

I think that this group would be hilarious.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

For great justice!
    Served!

It's a hell of a feat. Ever notice Trull's best feats are done with him figuring he's going to lose?

I still like him beating up Ruin.

[Trull] He's so awesomely powerful! Immortal ascendant hundreds of thousands of years old! Augh, he cut my hip to the bone! I have no chance!

*proceeds to kick the shit out of Ruin in about three moves, stopping short of killing him because a top supernatural assassin is murdering the woman he loves and Trull needs to run across the room to stomp that asshole into the ground in the blink of an eye*

Oh yeah, he continually insists to himself and others that he's no match for his brother, but his brother (none of them, really) want any part of what Trull can do. He has a shield of righteousness - he's always doing the right-est thing he can do at a given moment, no matter the cost, and it seems to let him act at his absolute best (obviously, combined with his towering skill).

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Served!
    You have my gratitude!

Oh yeah, he continually insists to himself and others that he's no match for his brother, but his brother (none of them, really) want any part of what Trull can do. He has a shield of righteousness - he's always doing the right-est thing he can do at a given moment, no matter the cost, and it seems to let him act at his absolute best (obviously, combined with his towering skill).
    Truth. Absolute truth.

I love Super-Assassin Clip disparaging him because he uses a spear rather than a sword, and Trull's brother saying 'Ah, you don't want any part of that, dude.' Then when it finally comes to blows between Badly-Wounded Trull and Clip...fastest beatdown evar. Good karma.
    Why are we here?

Nice job with Madcap! Blast from the past.
    Why are we here?

Truth. Absolute truth.

I love Super-Assassin Clip disparaging him because he uses a spear rather than a sword, and Trull's brother saying 'Ah, you don't want any part of that, dude.' Then when it finally comes to blows between Badly-Wounded Trull and Clip...fastest beatdown evar. Good karma.
    Haha oh yeah, but you forgot that it was "Super-Assassin Self Proclaimed Avatar of Rake" Clip. And Clip getting dismantled instantly by Trull was one of my favorite moments in the books, clearly trailing only ones that didn't actually happen, like Dassem or Rake decapitating Karsa, Bugg shoving the Errant into outer space or Brys Beddict pouring out the wine rather than drinking it.

Ringbearer: Matter Eater Lad

He eats The Ring and lo, Middle Earth is saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Ringbearer: Matter Eater Lad

He eats The Ring and lo, Middle Earth is saved.
    SOME of Middle Earth is saved. Nobody ever thinks about the poor Orcs, Goblins, Trolls and Nazgul. They won't be happy at all about the destruction of the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^i contributed to both of those.
    May as well make it 3 for 3.
    A low level criminal cabal version.

Love it, in answer, the Bronze Age Batfamily take the challenge:

Ring Bearer: Robin -(analogues to Frodo & Sam
    Leader: Gordon in as much as he calls upon the team for the mission (Council of Elrond.
    Wizard: Alfred (behind the scenes at the batcumpeter, access to arcane knowledge - (analogues to Gandalf and sorcery here.
    Archer: Batgirl -(analogues to Legolas
    Tank: Man-Bat (analogues to Gimli
    Swordsman: Obviously the Zorro analogue Batman, and the field leader (analogues to Aragorn.

Last edited by Güicho; 09-02-2020 at 08:20 AM.

BANNED

The whole cast of Azumanga Daioh.

Ring Bearer: Chiyo Chan

Leader: Yomi

Wizard: Osaka

Archer: Tomo

Tank: Kagura

Swordsman: Sakaki

BANNED

Also, there is the Apocalypse Version of the Fellowship...

Ring Bearer: Mark Calaway

Leader: Last Outlaw Undertaker

Wizard: Lord of Darkness Undertaker

Archer: American Badass Undertaker

Tank: Deadman Undetaker

Swordsman: Mean Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Love it, in answer, the Bronze Age Batfamily take the challenge:

Ring Bearer: Robin -(analogues to Frodo & Sam
    Leader: Gordon in as much as he calls upon the team for the mission (Council of Elrond.
    Wizard: Alfred (behind the scenes at the batcumpeter, access to arcane knowledge - (analogues to Gandalf and sorcery here.
    Archer: Batgirl -(analogues to Legolas
    Tank: Man-Bat (analogues to Gimli
    Swordsman: Obviously the Zorro analogue Batman, and the field leader (analogues to Aragorn.

F’ing clever, man!