Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
They should not have given Rey both the Jedi and Han Solo skill sets, she should have had one and Finn the other, that gives 2 legendary heroes instead they went with a goddess and a disappointment.
That's a pretty good point, actually.

Boyega does have every right to be upset - he went from the most interesting character in TFA to an afterthought with little in the way of accomplishments in the next two. Sure he beat Phasma in TLJ but he also defeated her in TFA. And i love Rose lecturing Finn about the plight of children forced into servitude - Finn, who as a child was forced into being a stormtrooper. lol.

That said, pretty much all of the characters were ill-served by TLJ and TROS. Rey and Ren probably got the best treatment but that's not saying much.

I'm not sure about the racial component.. there is little to suggest that within the Star Wars universe there is discrimination based on skin color. People are discriminated based on what planet they hail from, and what their species is, seemingly. of course for the audience, it is important that different races and ethnicities are represented, i'm just not necessarily sure i would expect the arc for a character played by a POC to play out differently than if the character was played by a white person.